Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay,,,if no one wants to play together,,,, and all the players are not on board yet, what makes you think this will happen? I mean it is a Miller " B " ? What makes you and some of the other weather guys believe this might happen ? Is it a combination of things, the cold air that is in place ? I only ask because you also say the models are not in agreement and I still remember that " fizzard " that went bust a week ago,,,,,keep em coming

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Hey Jay,

Not to digress from the storm analysis, but wtf is going on with this long range forecase of below average temperatures continuing? I know I brought this up last week, but I am still seeing this going on into early March according to Accuweather, As you know we've been below average for quite awhile.

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

BB...will get into that later bud.

All I can update is this..the models have shifted north...and according to the EURO..surrounding areas near the city could be looking at a 3 day ice event...snow for the LHV north..but a possible severe 3 day ice storm could be on the horizon for sections of NNJ...will update around 3

4. Drew

Drew Active Member

The ice/slush is way worse than snow. Way worse.

5. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Well that sucks.

6. jaywayne12

Yes..it does suck. Been doing this for almost 20 years and at earnest...probably about 12 years..and all the time I have done this...trends trends blah blah blah. The trends tend to give you an idea of where the snow magnet is setup for the winter...you use it..but don't live and die with it.

If there is a major decision between 2 models...1 shows 12 inches for NYC...and 1 shows 12 inches for Boston..and Boston for the winter has 60 inches...and NYC has 10 inches...you sit there and make the easy decision and after the storm is over, you get a little praise for going out on a limb and calling it pretty well.

Why all the above nonsense? Never..EVER is all the years I have followed this has the magnet just said F.U. to the models and no matter how much sense the models make, as the storm gets closer, the magnet just pulls everyone in to where the snow has fallen. You usually get 2 storms magnet..then a swing south...then 2 storms magnet...then a swing south etc.

Im posting some maps on my site now..and MARSHALL and other friends from the Boston area..don't know what to say...but they might just get clobbered again...and down here we still could...when you see the models you will understand a 50 mile trend south which I still believe will happen, means all the difference in the world but right now? Could have an bad ice situation down there and big snows again up there.

Brook! likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay keep em coming and keep us posted,,,I will believe it when I see it and no lie I hope I see it !

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm reading another language when you guys start talking models and agreements and the Euro (I thought that was money) and what the heck is a Miller B?!? :oops::D

_

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i will take a fresh 12" of snow over any amount of ice any day.
    btw, worse driving conditions of the year this morning. Snow crept in around 530am. Roads were warm and treated. By 7 there was 2" of slushy chop covering the roads. Slipping and sliding all over.

10. jaywayne12

Amazing as this is FJF..we didnt get a flurry..nada..nothing...Yes..you might get that but Im telling you..if this thing trends north one more time..you could be getting an ice storm..put that in the bank bud. Lets hope not

11. jaywayne12

JS...not doing your homework buddy...go to my site and read different types of storms..it would take me too long to explain but here is the readers digest version.

Miller A storm..one storm..forms usually in the midwest..sucks the Gulf of Mexico dry..then heads our way..one storm...piece of cake.

Miller B storm..aka...the F#$# you storm. One storm that travels to our west....gets blocked and says no mas..and hands its energy to another storm along the coast...but where oh where...models usually guess ok..but never right. If they say off the coast of NC/VA then MD on north gets hit. If they say NC/VA but it says F#$% you...and forms off the coast of NJ...THEN NJ on south gets screwed...and Im sitting there with my golf club in my hands.

Hope that makes sense bud.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Models coming out,,,out ? Trend a little south baby ! Routine 9 !

13. jaywayne12

just posted on the site...south of Hudson Valley...ready to call off the whole storm. Totally going with the NAM and GFS even though the EURO is still showing along with the ukmet...these trends will not stop...CBG!!! MILLER Bitch.
    Presidents day storm 3 might hit us...but these trends are so dramatic that I cant see us even getting an ice storm..which is GREAT F##$ING NEWS. Im sure the EURO will bite me in the ass tonite and show a huge snow storm again...but will handle that if it comes about. Never thought I would be siding with the American models...but I think they are RIGHT AGAIN.

AND yes..huge snow storm again for New England.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

South,,,,,,thinking south,,,,,,time will tell but,,,,,believe it when I see it,,,,,keep us posted

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

What's the latest ? Late night models move more north or south ? This morning the local guys are still on this,,,,,,,,,

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Hm?mm no news good news ? Models still moving south,,,lol. Looking forward to 1 pm models and updates,,,keep em coming

17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

SOUTH AS IN WHERE?

18. JStokes

South Florida.

Which is actually in Central Florida.

_

19. JStokes

I think we're looking at an Alberta Clipper.

_

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Anywhere near Brevard County? The wife and i have fallen in love with the ocean communities there. What great beaches.