Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

So much going on Im not going to wing it off old model runs.

The GFS comes out at 1030 but will be out in the range of the Wednesday maybe storm in about 15 minutes.

The Euro comes out at 1am and if you give you that info now...its almost 10 hours old.

So going quickly off older models, here is what they are saying..will post tonight at 130 am to be totally up to date.

Tonites freezing rain will change to rain and we will have flooding rains tomorrow with temps in the 50s.

Temps cool off after this for Sunday..maybe a flurry..nothing brutal..30s.

Monday seems ok..a bit warmer 40s...and nice

Tuesday perhaps another rainstorm..it will rain..and again..temps soar near 50.

NOW after this storm is what Im waiting for and will give updates later...temps drop after the above storm and models..all models now..are hinting at a light to moderate snow event...to a heavier snow event. Again, with so much up in the air, tough to really get a feel but I will say this. Its a nice setup with fresh cold air and a storm will form and right now go up into the great lakes and PERHAPS throw its energy to a storm off the coast.

There is where it gets real tricky if the storm intensifies south of NJ or around NJ. Around NJ would bring northern new england a nice storm. South, like last time where it formed off the NC/VA coast, could bring us a nice event.

Then nothing huge until the following Monday...around the 20th.

Lets see where the models go tonight but there is a chance of nice snows on Wednesday and we will be getting good rains tomorrow and Tuesday.

2. jaywayne12

Euro came in wet and a bit warmer. This may not happen...but you cant go run to run..something to monitor.

In the meantime, get ready for the heavy rains..and as I posted the NWS forecast, tomorrow should have a rainy windy game in Seattle..and then a soaking wind driven rain up in Foxborow. They still play in Foxborow right? Regardless, it will be a wild game to watch. Not sure if thats how you even spell it..but you get the drift.

I know our new poster Marshall is from up there and not sure if he is a Jet fan or a Pats fan so out of respect I will just wish him luck hoping they win..if he is a fan...or hoping they resist the temptation to cheat..if he isnt.:)

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Good job Jay,,,,,,,I agree with you about the Saints,,,,no way they win in those conditions,,,,,,now can the colts win in NE ? Not sure but maybe we take the points lol,,,,,,,,and go under !

Keep all this weather stuff coming jay,,,,great job as usual,,,,if you have time to update these Sunday or even if Saturday changes,,,let us know or we will see what the NWS has to say about it,,,,,,ps hugs to mom

4. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

Been lurking this thread since it started have learned a lot, thanks!

Any idea of what Monday after next(1/20) is gonna look like? Supposed to be getting on plane for Florida and hoping for no delays.

5. jaywayne12

NP TD.

Right now there are no storms for that day...seems like a small cold front comes through so there might be snow showers..flurries? Nothing much..great to see you at here..feel free to ask as we get closer.

6. jaywayne12

The only real change I see from the NWS is for Seattle..we already had it a bit windy..but now there is a wind advisory for that area so I would think the numbers they posted last night might be a bit higher.

So winds and rain for both spots..but New England will be a bit worse.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thanks Jay,,,,,,,enjoy the day / evening

8. jaywayne12

Hey guys..just checked models for the long term and 2 interesting things seem like they may happen.

1. Our friend the polar vortex that brought that horrible cold weather may dip down here again a week from Sunday/Monday.

2. Long term models showing a possible significant storm around the 22/23rd.

Other than that in the short term no models showing anything huge other than fronts coming through. The short term model NAM wants to put down around 2 to 3 inches on Wednesday.

So, we may get some rain/snow showers on and off all week with temps around normal to slightly above normal. No big storms though right now. Temps begin to return to below normal next weekend and then may continue to head downward.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Not much going on,,,,,,,,,I hope Wednesday is white not wet,,,,,,,,

10. jaywayne12

yeah cbg..not much. Last night the Euro tried to phase 2 minor disturbances for Thursday but if anything we have learned, you need at least back to back model runs before you can think trend...and of course the Euro backed off. I should say it was yesterday afternoon was a yes..and then last night nah.

Besides that..not much going on. Wednesday as you mentioned CBG is a light event with mixed precip outcome.

Then not much at all except one thing that will setup up an active pattern..cold air. It will get cold again this weekend..and colder next week. Models still have a nice storm for middle of next week but waiting until we get within 7 days to see whats still on the radar.

Again, the models after that want to say back on with winter. So lets see if that, including next weeks storm, will start to show up in the long range models in the next 3-5 days.

Hope everyone is doing well.

11. jaywayne12

hey guys,

Might not around for a few days or popping in and out but wanted to give a quick heads up. Models..with agreement now..have done a bit of a flip for both Wednesday and Friday. Wednesday could be a mixed event and Friday could be a light to moderate snow event. Still could be's so keep an eye out.

Then all models want to keep the pattern going with a storm next week.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ok,,,,,,,,,talk to you soon jay,,,,,ps one reservation for snow next week :)

13. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

44c or 112f in my hometown today:)

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Tennis Anyone?

15. jaywayne12

Down under has really been heating up huh? Was watching the ladies overnight last night and man...couldn't believe the temps.

Sorry guys for the schedule but actually continued checking the schedule and if anything had blown up on models, would have posted..just nothing huge there...YET...BUT GET READY.

In the next 2 weeks starting Monday, we will get a huge storm. Something tells me that storm possibility we talked about for on or around the Super Bowl will come true. There are too many huge storms on the models to ignore and while we can be 100 percent sure that not all of them will come to fruition, we can pretty much say that 2 of them at least should.

Right now, we get a light disturbance that comes through overnight tomorrow and Saturday that could drop a dusting to 2 inches of snow. Some models have a better phase but that just came through the last 24 hours. So will see what the models do tonite.

Then after that...starting next Tuesday night/Wednesday...the EURO model which had a huge storm for us backed off...the American model which said no storm now has several of its ensembles stating huge storm. The Euro only really backed off one run so lets see if it recaptures it tonight.

After that...every 3 days...the models show big storm..they range from big to blizzard in fact. The pattern is about to change big time..and right on cue.

Speaking of down under...does SD sydneydon post anymore? I have not seen him in a long time...great guy. Hope he is well.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think Syd went shark fishing with a pencil..

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay keep em coming,,,,,,,,,I'm all ears

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

hell?

19. jaywayne12

Lots to talk about tonight..will be on later. Right now..perhaps 1 to 2 for many tomorrow..nothing big.

The Tuesday storm that we have now talked about since around New Years Eve is back on..but for some reason the Euro has it Wednesday Thursday. Looking at it quickly it does not seem to be a real bomb of a storm..but a real good one. Something tells me as we get closer the next 24 to 48 hours this will be right back to what was showing about a week ago. That seems to be the trend this year. We ahall see.

Then after that, a week from Sunday, another potential and then the train gets a crankin and we might have several after that to deal with.

20. jaywayne12

another heads up for next week...latest euro....brrrrrr..temps do not hit freezing all week. Not quite like the last cold spell..but low mid 20's for highs and 10 to 15 every night for lows.