Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Murrell I was watching that on tv,,,,they said something lie 30 inches,,,,,,,,local weather guys are talking about freezing rain and sleet for Wednesday's commute ugh :sad:

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

30 inches was a mess here a couple of weeks ago I can't imagine how they are dealing with it.

3. grumpynyjetsfaninME

Im hearing upnhere we might get up 16inches ... heck yeah.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I really think that is it Jil...if not...bring on the sun baby.

Quick little update for tonite/tomorrow..nail down the outside furniture because the short term models are showing some pretty wild gusts of wind overnight with some heavy rain. Will probably start as ice/snow far west/ne pa.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Battin down the hatches :breakdance:

6. jaywayne12

huge line of heavy rain and very gusty winds about to enter north jersey and nyc.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

1 a m ,,,,pouring out,,,,but does not look too windy,,,,we will see what the morning brings

8. jaywayne12

Ok...Im biting only because the Euro model has shown it 3 times in a row.

March 6 to the 8th range....Euro showing 12-18 for NYC and North Jersey. Lets see how the models pan out this week. We are now in the critical zone (7 days or less) and I have to tell you...Im biting. Wedensday/Thursday is my thinking..so warn family and friends...get the word out...just kidding..but lets keep an eye out because if this Friday, the storm is still there, it will happen I do believe.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Timing couldn't be better. My director is flying from Europe and luckily his trip gets cancelled. I am not ready to the big meeting and I was planning to work on the weekend.

Keep the good news coming Jay. :)

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay I knew we would get you back in off the ledge ! I would love to get that warm fuzzy feeling again because. Gotta admit I have almost lost all hope,,,,March is here in 2 days :sad:

11. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Jay,

Going down to Ft. Lauderdale this weekend for a wedding. Was hoping to get in a couple days of beach and pool and sun and out of the northeast. And now I see it's going to be like 10 degrees colder than usual. If you could turn that around I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

TCGF

12. jaywayne12

will do brook..and again..ty for the surprise..that was very very nice sir.

13. jaywayne12

Lol..man that would be great..let me see what I can do. Too bad you are missing the warmth by 48 hours. Here is the weekend forecast for Ft. Lauderdale.

Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.

Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. Breezy, with a light northwest wind becoming west 13 to 18 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.

Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. Breezy, with a west wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 65. Windy, with a northwest wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
    Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. Breezy, with a northwest wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

It then goes into the upper 70's by Wednesday.

14. jaywayne12

Would be funny if we get more snow in March than January and February. Wouldnt shock me with the setup.

Heres the deal with the storm for next week..it either hits us or misses us SOUTH. Doubt this is a rain or snow dilemma.

Right now Im on board but the next 48 hours is very very very critical because this is where the models have lost the storms. 4 to 5 days out. Every night that passes and its still there ups the chances 10%.

Tonite 40%
    Thurs night 50
    Friday 60
    Saturday 70 etc etc etc.

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Are you saying this storm would have NYC as sort of the north tip? Perhaps sparing CT and areas north of NYC
    ?

16. jaywayne12

Nice pick up Jon..and yes..if you go by models this far out. It seems the way to miss this would be being to far north.

Now the models came in overnight a bit more north. I just read NWS long range and they say they came in a bit more south..no way. North. Only about 100 miles.

But it does seem to be agreed upon now that if this storm misses..it will miss by being only a bit too far out to sea..and grazing the coast and then hitting NJ..and heading do east.

I wouldnt totally buy that right now..but something to keep an eye out for.

Something else I noticed is that once this storm is over...according to the Euro...winter is over. Unlike last night which showed one more storm. This storm would transition right into the start of spring...good or bad.

17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

When should I expect to start to see 50's in the forecast? :)

18. jonnyd

IM heading out on a free trip to New Orleans for a 4 day weekend. Hopefully spring will be here when I get back

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Thank God 4 days of peace and quiet on the Rangers thread! :)

20. jonnyd

fucker....youll be counting the days til my return