Jason Taylor seeming likely [edited]

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Apr 12, 2010.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/report_taylor_to_decide_on_jets_zluBcGMCJ1miMc4N1nUEdK

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

This is getting really old, it's not like he deciding which one of kids is going to be sacrificed for fuck sake.

If he was even thinking about coming to New York, I think he would have done it already. He will be a Dolphag next year IMO.

3. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Agreed. I was getting used to the idea of him playing for us but at this point I hope he stays a Dolphin so we can roll them twice next year and see the team he could have played with.

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I'll bet hes procrastinating over coming to us because he wants the #99 jersey, but Cactus won't let him have it, so hes turned into the incredible sulk. Boo Hoo.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The man wants to return to Miami and giving Miami every chance to bring him back. I have no problem w/ that.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah id enjoy the pickup cause maybe rex wouldnt have to rush 5+ all the time.

but at the end of the day id almost be happy rolling the dice to wait on Sharper.

7. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

It took me a while to even come to grips that this vagina is going to wear the green and white...but now after all this procrastinating...fuck him and let him pirouette back to the dolphins

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Same here. I just started accepting the possibility but he's dicking us around. Fuck that Miami homo

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You have to love the way Tannenbaum diminishes the importance of Taylor's procrastination on our draft:

“We’ve had good discussions with Jason. I don’t know what’s going to happen there. I don’t think it’s going to be hugely determinative of what we do (in the draft), because I still want to the best player at the end of the day. But (Taylor being a Jet or not) could be a small factor, maybe a small tiebreaker.’’

Taylor is a "small factor." Way to go, Tanny. Don't give this fuck the satisfaction of thinking he's fucking us around.

10. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Jason Taylor is only playing one game........holding the Jets at bay while he exhausts every possible attempt to let Miami resign him. Make no mistake, the NY Jets are his very last option, if they are even really an option at all. The Jets were mearly going to be used as a threat to prod Miami into doing something sooner than after the draft. It didn't work. Miami called his bluff.

Taylor might consider actually signing here, but it will only be after any and all hope of Miami resigning him has been exhausted.

We should do whatever we need to do to draft a promising pass rusher with immediate impact potential, and tell JT to pound salt.....then again, I can't stand the jerk, so........Fuck him.

11. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

It's clear that he's playing the Dolphins by involving the Jets. F'ck this whiney little bitch- either you're in or you're out.

Jets don't waffle.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We're not going to waffle. Tanny gave him before the draft to decide, and I'm sure he's sticking by that.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's funny to see so many people personally offended that Jason Taylor didn't leap at the chance to play for a team and fanbase that he has professed to loathe for about a decade. The fact that Taylor is still seriously considering it in the face of being booed at home games and not selling any jerseys with his new team should tell you what an impression Rex Ryan's defense and the lockerroom left on JT.

14. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Hearing about the top picks of the draft 8 million times is getting old also, but I'll still wait for it.

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Stop making sense.

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

If he gets a sack week 1 the jets fans won't be booing him.... and lots of teenagers (girls) will be walking around with Taylor jerseys.

That said, it's his agent pushing him to take the Jets offer that has kept him from dismissing it outright. If he doesn't take the Jets offer pre-draft he'll be taking a lower contract post draft from somebody...

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I changed my mind. I hate the SOB, but if Rex really wants him this bad, then we should all want him, because Rex knows what's best for the Jets. I will sell my soul for a Super Bowl at this point.

#477 sec314, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's what I expect as well. And part of me is hoping for it.

As much as I like Rex Ryan's schemes and as much as I love the way he incorporates his roster, it will/would be very difficult for me to root for Taylor, as much as I've been playing the devil's advocate role in this thread. I'd rather they find some young QB killer in the draft than sign one of our most hated rival players in the twilight of his career.

Edit: and I think you're under/overestimating Jets fans on the issue. These are the same fans that cheered when Chad Pennington got hurt. I can see at least half the stadium booing Jason Taylor through 8 home games.

#478 abyzmul, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

No post in this thread is valid without lashings of procrastination.

Can Clowney please take Taylor with him on his next mercy mission , pretty please?

20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

There's no question Taylor will get booed. He'd have to have a phenominal season to get around that.

Personally, I think Taylor has just been using us all along. I don't think he has any intention of taking the Jets offer, and has just been trying to leverage Miami into taking him (if for no other reason than fan pressure.)

I'm with you on all counts. I hope that we address the position in the draft and tell Taylor to kiss our asses. If he becomes a Jet though, it's because Rex sincerely believes he can help us, so I'll support him. (Those who are comparing it to Gholston need to remember that Rex didn't choose Gholston. There's a big difference between trying to motivate a guy you're forced to have and hand-picking a guy for your system.)