Jason Taylor seeming likely [edited]

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Apr 12, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

With four safeties already on the roster and the addition of Sharper, how do you answer "yes" to that question?

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Just sayin'.

3. abyzmul

Mike Tannenbaum said it so it must be true.

4. Montana

Montana Member

If you want to believe the signing of a situational/back up OLB would have a big impact on Tannenbaum's draft board....feel free.

It's not accurate....but feel free to believe it.

5. Montana

Montana Member

If Tanny is willin to admit that getting Cromartie and Holmes changed his draft board, there's no logic behind the idea that he'd lie about the impact a Taylor signing would have,

6. abyzmul

If you want to believe the word of a GM who historically and religiously states untruths about personnel moves when he talks a week before the draft concerning what his draft philosophy is going to be... feel free.

It makes no sense... but feel free to believe it.

7. mystikol

mystikol New Member

There is still some leverage to have/lose in the situation with JT. If we admit we will be desperate to draft an OLB if he doesn't sign, we lose leverage. He can then be more able to negotiate missing OTAs et. al.

If Tanny says what he's been saying, our bargaining position with JT is less vulnerable.

8. CatoTheElder

Tanny is always using double speak or outright lies regarding every personnel move he has ever made since becoming GM. At what point does that actually get to sink in for you?

9. abyzmul

Agreed. It also affects teams who may believe, through leaked info, that the Jets are leaning toward corner or safety or DE/DT and have the same types of players high on their draft board at that draft position and may or may not decide to jump the Jets in the draft order if they don't believe Tanny is looking BPA over need.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it is in Jason Taylor's interest to sign before the draft as it helps the team figure out what direction to go in. if he waits, and the Jets draft a player that replaces his need, he can find himself with very little leverage.

11. CatoTheElder

12. Montana

Montana Member

I love that people actually believ the signing of a 36 year old situatinal player, would alter any teams draft board.....let alone Tannenbaums.

13. abyzmul

14. abyzmul

I love that some people still don't understand the concept of a stopgap player in the year 2010.

15. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

haha i wouldnt mind that!

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I still don't know why people are quoting what Tanny has said in press conferences. Don't you all realize that they NEVER mean what they say? Hell, even Sporano recently said that the Fins had no interest in Brandon Marshall.

No one is going to give up negotiation leverage by openly telling all the teams what they plan on doing.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The difference is that the Phins got ultra desperate after we stole Holmes. They had to make an impact move or risk falling even further behind the Jets and Pats.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It wouldn't have a major effect because Tanny is a BPA guy, but it would get rid of the immediate need for a pass rusher, and it wouldn't be a mortal sin to come out of the draft without a pass rusher.

19. Denny

Denny Active Member

Beast! That guy can move. We need youth here and this years draft seems to have some special talent for 3-4 schemes.

Your right. The line needs attention. I think Odrick is too small. I mean Cody next to Odrick? Worlds apart. That kid Dan Williams from Tenn is fit to play inside as well as end. He could play alongside Jenkins or spell him. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets move up and address this. I wouldn't be opposed to a top flight OLB either.

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I love the some people here dont understand the concept of football in 2010.

I've said it once and you said something to the very same tune in another thread in regards to the insanely uncharacteristic fumble of his vs the Bronco's.

I havent been this excited about a Jets team since Curtis was in his prime.