Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Objectively speaking Polamolu

SUCKS!!

[​IMG]

2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I think he's color blind also. He hit Marcus Maye harder than any opposing player this year. Adams sucks. Nice going Macc. Hey maybe this year you'll draft back to back kickers.

fansince90 likes this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Dude hands are stone. It will only improve if he has a hands transplant. He talks a good game he's already wrote his Hall of Fame speech. Right now Adams mouth is at a 10 when it needs to be at a 2 level. Try to be humble and learn your craft instead of the diarhea of the mouth.

#363 boozer32, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Jets69 likes this.
  4. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Wow!!!! You read my mind...i was thinking the same thing. That was his hardest hit this year! He layed Maye out!

boozer32 and legler82 like this.
  5. fansince90

"Will not hesitate for one second as a hitter. Steps downhill looking to punish running backs to set a tone for defense.” Jamal Adams can absolutely lay a hard hit. He’s an above-average athlete with a muscular, strong build for a safety. Despite that I think he had an alarming tendency to go for diving ankle tackles, often missing. I think his run defense was very strong overall, but I definitely think he needs to cut down on those weak attempts. For a guy with hard-hitting potential, we saw a bit too much of that."
    Interesting article in SBNation written by GanggreeninYonkers. He nailed whats was my observation since preseason. Rookie contracts/and rules are hurting the league. Players are making business decisions...and when they finally do get paid they realize they want to be healthy enough to spend it.
    The physicality of the game has changed...you even see it in basketball. Westbrook is a rarity...he doesn't like any opponent and tries to destroy them all. Contacts sports are being watered down due to the inherent risks involved and i see Adams as a product of this movement.
    Maye played/hit like he wanted to prove he was better than his draft spot...Adams hit like he doesnt really need the momey...he won the bet with his dad and now he just wants to be careful.

#365 fansince90, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Jets_Grinch likes this.
  6. fansince90

I keep seeing posts and articles mentioning what he is saying and or doing off the field but i have yet to see 1 post or article stating that he is making plays on the field. Right now he's the first male NFL cheerleader.
    Has he gotten an interception yet?

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

My fear with Adams is he talks a better game than he plays...I hope I'm wrong but I don't ever see his game ever catching up to his mouth.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

OMG. Wow.

Some of you fans are really sharks within the waters but yet without football insight and/or knowledge of the game.

It's sickening too.

This kid is an SEC beast Safety who as only an NFL rookie just recorded a combined total of 82 tackles, 6 Passes Defended, 2 sacks, 2 Forced Fumbles along with another 2 Fumble Recoveries and played/started all 16 games.

Voted as and also ended up making the NFL's All-Rookie team @ his Safety position too.

All of that, as a rookie; while playing within a secondary that lacked a front-7 pass rush.

Off the field he's been nothing but the definition of a Franchise Leader.

He's literally dressed up nice (sharp) and has joined alongside the shoulders and likes of Macc our G.M & Bowles our H.C when our F.O has introduced potential Free-Agents to our facility.

He's gone out of his way to recruit talent as another N.Y spokesman during NFL recruiting process.

But now he's a "cheerleader" who "doesn't make plays"?

Wow. Just. Wow.

He's doing something as a leader off the field (teams spokesman) that i can only hope for Sam Darnold to one day embrace as a (not-required) role. Which is to join shoulders alongside of Jamal Adams as team spokesmen.

Some of these post's I've read throughout this thread have been absolutely pathetic, mind boggling, head scratching, clueless and overall not warranted for a player only coming off his Rookie Season (with All-Team Rookie honor's, at that).

Laughable.

This kid is a future All-Pro for many of years to come and still only 22 years of age.

9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

How you didn't make the top five in the Least Knowledgeable Poster award is beyond me. It's telling that Jethro and Boozer were two of the main posters supporting your sentiment in this thread.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Jamal Adams sucks . . . just sucks.

FJF likes this.
  11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I've already pointed this out multiple times.

® Played and started all 16 games (without a pass rush in front of him).

® Combined for a total of 82 tackles, 6 Passes Defended, 2 sacks, 2 Forced Fumbles & 2 Fumble Recoveries.

® Earned All-Rookie 1st-Team honors @ his Safety position.

® Finished top 5 in Defensive Rookie of the Year award honors.

✓ Has been this teams biggest homer, spokesmen & team leader throughout the entire offseason.

Despite what many talking heads may or may not say, Jamal Adams is a really, really good kid (see below).

13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Did you watch any games last year or are you just relying on posts and articles to form your opinion?

K'OB and BomberJet like this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Keep trying to paint an ugly picture of this kid. But I'm not buying it. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

NY Jets68 and K'OB like this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'll be honest. I wanted us to get Mahommes at 6 not because I thought Adams is bad, but because we lacked a FQB and he was the best QB prospect IMO. But yeah, I don't see how Adams gets crapped on by many here for "running his mouth" or "throwing his teammates under the bus." I would like to see him improve from last year.

fansince90 likes this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

He didn't say anything stupid, but I really wish that athletes would throw their cell phones onto the freeway. Hopefully their phones get run over and crushed by an 18 Wheeler showing no mercy.

NY Jets68 and K'OB like this.
  17. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

You can't reason with stupidity and idiocy, as has been shown ad nauseam on these boards. They don't have a clue.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The notion that Jamal is a bad player is laughable and only truly exits in the mind of very few, self proclaimed Jet fans desperately seeking the coveted TGG award for least knowledgeable poster of the year.

#378 LAJet, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    LF911SC, The Waterboy, donkey and 4 others like this.
  19. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Doesn't bother me but he'd better back it up with stellar play. IMHO, after comments like that, if he's anything less than a pro-bowler he looks like an asshole.

fansince90 likes this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Pro-Bowl? You mean the popularity contest?

I guess you missed his rookie season last year. Kid looked like a future All-Pro NFL Safety for years to come out there.

There's reasons why he ranked top 5 amongst all NFL defensive rookies and made the All-Rookie team.

And it's because he had an outstanding and down right excellent rookie campaign and lived up to 6th overall draft status.

Damn near 90 total tackles, 6 passes defended, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles & 2 fumble recoveries? Behind no pass rush? As a rookie? Top 5 honor's and All-Rookie team?

Ummm... Here's an outlandish/bold remark; Jamal Adams is off to a better career (after rookie year) than 90% of current HOF Safety's.

Yes. His rookie campaign was that good.

#380 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018