Jake Steinberg: RB Goodson arrested for drug/weapon possession

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, May 17, 2013.

1. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Udonis Haslem (heat player) did the same thing...

He and some friend got caught with a large amount of weed...Friend said it was all his. :lol:

Got off while his friend did time...

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I thought the 4 game suspension was only for repeat offenses. I think we'll be good on this one.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am pretty sure the first failed test gets them a warning, the second is a 4 game suspension and the 3rd is a year.

4. Goodson's behavior is no different than alot of the players around the league.He just got caught & needs to grow up. This could end up being the best thing that ever happened to him.Perhaps he finally straightens out his act & starts letting his ability take over.He is a talented kid.

5. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i must admit, when this first happened, i thought he should be cut right on the spot. now, after a couple weeks, i couldn't really care less. i don't think any differently about the guy's character, but i also don't give a shit. funny how that works.

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Cops trying to send a message because he's a football player, damn shame

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't understand why Goodson did not report to camp. Was it due to being arrested?

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

drunk at home? :drunk:

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

10. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Oooooh jolly.

>.<

11. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

So he's going to remain on the team despite all those legal issues? This case just confuses me to no end. I don't know what's going on. Hopefully he'll be good to go though because he's got some good potential and we need some good RB play.

12. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

And to top things off, the season hasn't even started (let alone the pre-season games) and McKnight is already on the injury list... Ivory & Griffin FTW.

Poor Marty.

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

What about Boom Boom

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Who the fuck is Boom Boom?

15. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Guessing it's Bilal Powell we're talking about here [?].
    Almost forgot about him... which in a way is a statement in itself.

Considering how we have absolutely zero proven receivers on the roster as of now, Marty will have to use the backfield as a receiving unit in his WC system... which now consists of Ivory, Powell, Griffin...

And ofc McKnight who thinks using season games returning kicks is a good way of getting into shape, before whining he doesn't get his opportunity to shine.
    Well fucking played sir, say goodKnight to your football career.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Goodson better not have any more incidents like that. Passing out in the middle of route 80 is not acceptable. Putting your lives and others in danger for a thrill is not cool. Hopefully he turns it around and becomes that dynamic back that we need.

17. The way the team is acting as well as Goodson's agent..he could be in rehab.Hard to know the timetable of when he'd be released.

18. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Surely he means Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini, former lightweight champion of the world. :grin:

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

IF he was the passenger, he can't be DWI'ed and a good lawyer could explain that he passed out and fell asleep prior to the driver doing same (in the middle lane of Rte 80, no less). Also, IF the handgun was not his gun but belonged to the bozo driving the car, then he gets off on those charges as well, claiming he had no knowledge of a handgun in the car before entering the car.

Like has been already said, maybe he's been ordered into rehab (or maybe the Jets insisted this) or maybe he is awaiting a court hearing and that is the holdup for reporting to camp.

In the state of NJ, it's illegal to joy ride around with a handgun in the car, period. And the handgun cannot be within reach of the driver, i.e., under the seat, in the glove box, etc. And if you are travelling with a weapon, you have to have a specific destination (and a good one), such as going to the pistol range for practice or going to the gun shop for repairs... not to a buddy's house for show and tell... not good enough. Certain specific allowances for such trips with the gun in the car are made for "reasonable" stops along the way, such as going to the bathroom enroute. But the route must be straight to the destination of purpose and then straight home again.

Additionally, the handgun must be unloaded and in a locked container and preferably in the trunk of the car, and separated from any ammunition and/or magazines. And the magazines themselves cannot be loaded either. The ammo must be stored apart from the magazine and gun.

So clearly, whoever owns this pistol has no business riding around bar hopping on a Sat night at 3 in the morning. No gun shop or pistol range is open then. If it is determined that he didn't own the gun, then he doesn't face very serious charges at all, other than the charge of being a complete fucking idiot and in serious need of alcohol intervention.