Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Gotta call you on this one. Saying we were successful 'in spite of Favre' is true, but it's also describes Brett's entire career. Brett was a true gun slinger with any team he ever played for. Teams live and died by his gun slinging mentality, including NY.

Brett strolled into NY sans training camp, didn't care to get to know any of his new teammates, cared even less for the the 'game plan', but showed up on Sunday and just won a ton of games we had no business winning. Rolling into Tennessee and crushing the previously undefeated 10-o Titans was magical.

The whole Favre thing happened so fast we didn't really have time to think about it. I was surprised we could afford $15M for one 'rental' season. I was sad to see Penny kicked to the curb. But I have to admit, if a GM has the stones to go 'all in for one shot at the ring', this is how you do it.

And if not for his torn bicep, I really believe we're in (at least) the championship game.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

100%. He had a torn bicep tendon that made him a shell of himself those last 5 games. He could barely throw.

I get folks hated him, have every right to, but please lets not revise history. He was a HUGE part of that team getting us to 8-3. I, for one, enjoyed his tenure here. An exciting season until he was injured.

Funny we got fined the year AFTER he left for us not putting him on the injury report with the torn bicep tendon. Mangini wasn't even the coach any longer and he still got nailed for $25K.

_

Footballgod214 likes this.
  3. Footballgod214

Perhaps, but it was that school yard mentality mixed with extreme talent that defined who Favre was, including the season he got his ring. We all loved the success his gunslinger stlye brought us, so to now say "He would have thrown a game losing pick" is unfair.

4. Footballgod214

I always wondered if Favre told the training staff of his arm injury, knowing he might get put in IR if he did.

edit: ....but then again if it meant getting a big bottle of Vicoden he probably couldn't resist!

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Considering he still had the historic start streak, I don't think so. I was hoping to see Clemens come in, regardless if people like the guy or not he has proven to be a decent enough backup to stick in the NFL with this many teams. The young trio(Mangini/Schotty/Tannebaum) would have gotten flack for benching Favre due to his health because of the said streak.

6. BakerMaker

Said this in another thread but in regards to Amaro....

Amaro is allowed to say what he wants after seeing Geno Smith and Calvin Pryor get slapped on the hand(Pryor losing his starting job, Geno unaffected) at most by Rex and his staff when Amaro says there was no accountability. It wasn't like Amaro made up anything.

Veterans last season criticized the preparation and due diligence about how the team trained leading up to games, you don't think Amaro didn't take notice? Guys like Demario Davis, a Rex favorite said this and someone who is one of the leaders on this team, a guy Amaro probably was told to follow and observe how he commands the locker room....was one of those said players.

7. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

Don't they require you to have some time in before commenting on team affairs? Guess not...

8. BakerMaker

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/04/rex_ryan_whacks_jets_jace_amaro_again_hes_going_to.html

"It's not the truth," Ryan said. "That kid's a little ... he's going to get ... we'll see what happens.

"I just know it's not the truth, and for him or anybody else to pop off like that, I think is absolutely a joke. Now, look, if David Harris would have said something, or D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, or someone, I would be hurt by it. I would be absolutely devastated by it. But a kid like that? Nah. I know him, and that doesn't bother me one bit."

"The kid's got some talent," Ryan also said in his WFAN interview with Jones. "I'm just going to leave it at that. I just know one thing: He totally misspoke, and talk about accountable, he's going to be accountable when he go to play him. He's going to be accountable for his comments."

What's he going to get Rex? The hot sauce you said you would give Reggie Bush?

Sure he did.

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This is getting ugly lol.

I like Rex but I won't miss these controversies.

10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Rex's defense last year had a hard time stopping TE's, would be nice to see Jace go off against Buffalo.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yup no way he was coming out. I don't think he ever listened to a word Mangini said. For all we know Mangini told him he was sitting him and Favre probably told him to go fuck himself.

_

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

yeah, Rex isn't bothered by it at all.

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Amaro should just keep his mouth shut,He really isn't in a position to be talking about former coaches .Rex did more for this franchise his first two years then most coaches do there entire carrers,Amaros accomplished nothing yet

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

So would you with guys like Walls,Wilson,Allen and Fake Revis and a rookie saftey not to mention David Harris who couldn't catch an Ice Cream truck on roller blades

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I think Rex needs a GOD damn snack

16. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

He's such a blowhard idiot

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

The kid didn't make it up. Even Bowles mentioned it was a starting point for his program.

Typical Rex bluster bs fell short of threatening him. I was happy to see Amaro delete his follow up tweet and we're quiet about this

And Rex won't shut the fuck up about it now.....Reminds me of his old man with the bounties, only Rex is stupid enough to boast about it...blowhard

#237 Walt White, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  18. BakerMaker

Given how Mangini's job was in danger during that December because Woody and the media not caring for his quietness/strict way of rules being ran, I don't think Mangini had a choice but to trot Favre out there because again, you bench Favre and that will make national headlines and have a lot of Favre's fans go nuts. Favre is a tough guy, he'd have to be nailed like he was vs Chicago in 10 degree weather to get taken out and for that streak to go. Its all he said, she said but I just don't think Favre was going to give up his spot to Clemens, too much of a competitor and he had that very importantly start streak.

Given that Pennington actually stood healthy that year, though for Miami.....Pennington could have had some really good success in 08. His lack of INTs was instrumental for Miami winning that division and yes the wildcat has a hand in that but we also had productive running back play thanks to Thomas Jones that would have played right into Pennington doing well.

I just wonder who's move that was for Favre, if that was Woody or Mangini/Tannebaum. Its the same thought for who was responsible for Tebow.....Woody or Rex/Tannebaum?

19. BakerMaker

With this logic, Joe Namath should be allowed to say whatever the heck he wants about anything Jets because he won a super bowl for this franchise. No one should be able to question Namath at all.

20. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Is rex still on this?

a little thin skinned, if it wasn't true why is he still making such a stink about it?

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.