Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

thats been obvious for a long time

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

actually the problem is I do remember and the rest of you have forgotten.

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Who cares what Amaro said?

It's like Namath said in the HBO documentary..."I wasn't talking just to talk, I was answering questions."

Reporters are going to ask questions about last season, big deal. Amaro gave an answer about last season, big deal. All water under the bridge until Rex has to come out and blow the whole thing up...Rex wasn't even named from the Amaro statement. It was just "there was a lack of accountability" ... Big surprise there! who didn't know that already?

Sherry Rhodes said the same thing... "if you are a player here, you get to chill"

Walt White and FJF like this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

LOL. I don't care if you HATE Rex, but if someone can't see that 2008 may have some of the WORST gameplanning / coaching ever, well...... there's always baseball.

btw, would you rather have Favre with a hurt bicep, or a 22yr old Mark Sanchez essentially playing his "senior year" as QB for a pretty stacked team?

It was Rex's time to go, but some of this revisionist history bullshit is ridiculous.

legler82 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

What do you think your user name would be if favre doesn't tear his bicep?

6. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

heres the bottom line. amaro, from what it seems borderline accidentally took a shot at rex by stating what we all saw with our own eyes, that there was a bit of a lack of discipline last year. he mentioned it while talking about how his impression of bowles so far is that of a guy who runs a much tighter ship and used last year as an example. was this a good move? not really but any rational person would not even respond to it, since when you read it in context, you can see that all amaro did was say something that was painfully obvious to everyone who watched more than 15 minutes of jet football last year.

the biggest mistake tho, is that he said it about rex. i am no rex hater by any means. loved the attitude he brought to the team, and greatly appreciate those 09-10 runs and the 8-8 year with pretty much no talent to work with. but with that he also brought a bit too laid back approach to discipline. we also need to take off the green tinted glasses now that hes gone, and realize that rex is not rational by any means and reacts like a frat boy when anything is said about him, right wrong or otherwise.

so now rex makes a bunch of empty threats to a promising second year TE, and does his usual tough guy routine. then comes off like a HUGE vagina in the SI article, literally taking ZERO accountability for anything he did. pushing blame in every direction. he might be right on some of it (the talent and the idzik hiring) but still took absolutely ZERO blame for anything that went wrong during his tenure, and definitely came off with the attitude of, "this wouldnt have happened if we did things my way"

so tell me again how anyone can still say what amaro did was much worse. from what i saw, amaro made a mistake that most young guys would, and one that wasnt even that bad, and rex, the leader of a franchise, reacted like a kid on the playground and went way over the top, as usual.

LAJet likes this.
  7. nyjunc

probably the same thing as Favre's "injury" didn't change anything. he was playing the same pre and post injury. he didn't want to be here, he played like crap most of the year throwing the ball up for grabs. had a lot of TDs that way and a lot of picks. if Chad stayed we EASILY win the division but we got a big name and better fantasy #s to go along w/ missing the playoffs again.

8. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Why is anyone surprised.....Amaro is doing what most people do when they get a new boss.....Rex is doing what most people do who get a new job :p

Rex gave us good times and bad.... the former were some of the best we had in recent memories but his time was over as the act was tired

Amaro can be a real weapon and is part of our long term plan

Onwards and Upwards

nyjunc likes this.
  9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

It's no accident. Amaro has a big mouth.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

LOL Favre played MUCH MUCH worse after he was injured than before.

We were 8-3 and on top of the NFL heap and it was because of Favre. He was great before he was injured.

Before he was injured Favre was 20 TDs against 13 INTs, a 71% completion rate, an 8 YPA and a QB Rating of about 94.

After he was injured he was 4 TDs against 10 INTs, a 56% completion rate, a 4 YPA and a QB rating of about 56.

He could barely throw the ball. We could all see it.

If Favre doesn't get injured we come out of the AFC and finally get back to a SB.

_

Footballgod214 and Red Menace like this.
  11. nyjunc

we were 8-3 in spite of Favre, the 3 losses were all primarily due to Favre and most of the wins were not due to him. During that season he was outplayed in games by such legends as:

-Matt Cassell in his first start since HS
    -Ryan Fitzpatrick
    -Jamarcus Russell
    -Tyler Thigpen
    -Seneca Wallace
    -Shain Hill

he could throw the ball just fine, he was throwing it up for grabs like he had all year. was he at 100%? of course not but his arm was still strong enough to play and he did play so no excuses.

show me evidence of when he injured that Bicep? you seem to pretend like it was after the Ten game(like the other guy pretending O'Brien hurt his finger after the 10-1 start).

Fvare had a 3-4 games stretch where he played well and that was it.

at Miami- decent
    vs. NE- bad
    at SD- awful
    vs. Ari- great
    vs. Cin- bad
    at Oak- awful
    vs. KC- bad
    at Buf- good
    SL- good
    at NE- good
    at Ten- good

5 of 11 games good or better, more than half bad.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

What else has Amaro said? Other than the ditka thing i don't remember hearing much from or about him at all last year

13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It's minuscule compared to Rex's gaping trap. He answered a question by a savvy reporter, big fckn deal. Rex's reply was typical bluster from him.
    It's a theme that has already been broached by other players and coaches. Even Rex's protege Pettine said shit. Rex is the enemy now. Fuck him. I hope Amaro throws a TD ball right in his mouth

14. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

yeah from what i remember that and he had one or two incidents in college. the bowl game i remember. when he got ejected.

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hahahahaaaaaa.

Delusional fans dump on "fantasy stats" and deflect to wins.

So Favre was 8-3.

Not fantasy stats.

Wins.

Now it's about "winning in spite of" Favre.

Which is funny coming from...well...you know.

We all know how great Favre was in 2008 and how much he meant to the success of that team before he got injured.

Well, at least those of us who actually watched the games.

_

bartscott likes this.
  16. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Classless? No less classless than Joe Torre writing a tell all book about the NY Yankees a year after being fired. This is pro sports, not 'Goodbye, Mr. Chips.'

17. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I'm not saying Mangini was a good coach. I'm saying that him and Tanny put together a pretty good team. One that had a core of good locker room guys. Rex came in with his shtick and he added a few pieces, ( and some innovative defensive schemes) and that is the team he "won" with. (2 AFCGG loses and we as Jet fans should be "grateful". however in Denver or NE that is considered a failure.)

Anyway the longer he was here, the more obvious it became that he is not a good HC. His personnel decisions were poor. His team was unprepared especially on the offensive side of the ball, his lack of professionalism and trash talking clown act gets old really fast when the team is losing. Do you think "Buttfumble" would have been the phenomenon that it was if Rex wasn't the coach? People who aren't fans of the team root against the big mouth. That's just the way it is.

He may be a good defensive mind, but he is not a team leader. His old man was the same way.

But it's good he is in Buffalo. It will help the Jets in the long run. Maybe not this year, but down the road.

johnny likes this.
  18. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I expect Big Jace to have big games against Buffalo.. Why? Because Rex's teams can't cover a big TE!

NOW HOLD ONTO THE GODDAMN BALL, JACE!!

19. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

You are correct, 9-7 records are not created equal.

Mangini didn't have the luxury of opposing teams sitting all their starters in weeks 16 and 17.

KY Jets Fan and bartscott like this.
  20. Kerley Shuffle

Kerley Shuffle Active Member

Oh sure NOW Rex pays attention to the offense.