It's got to be on Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Dec 20, 2009.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Blame Sanchez all you want. A QB can't get any rythem going if the HC has decided to take the air out of the ball and win with running and D. If after you have decided to play like that you can't run the ball and the D can't cover the TE with 3 guys on him and the right defensive call you're dead meat.

We have a really good D a really good running game but we are not a dominating D or a dominating running team. We need to allow the QB to throw the ball enough times to get in rythem. We can't only throw in obvious throwing situations and expect a rookie QB to do the job.

This team isn't ready yet on O or D to be a dominating team in this league. It's going to take time. They should allow Sanchez to throw the next couple of weeks on 1st down, 2nd and third and shorts and let him get in rythem. Nothing to lose time to take the chains off.

2. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

This isn't 19fucking75 and Sanchez isn't making the calls. "Oh Shit" should not be the first words out of a quarterbacks mouth.

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

He threw the ball 32 freaking times today. How many more pass attempts does he heed to "get in rythym"?

4. winstonbiggs

Your hero Thomas Jones ran the ball 19 times about 15 of them for no gain. How many times do you want to put a rookie QB in obvious passing situations.

5. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Have you watched the last two weeks? Clemens couldn't hit a receiver all of last week.

6. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

If you are going to play "scared football", which is what they played today offensively, because we can't trust our QB, then what's the point? The question marks on this kid grow every game. We can't call "risky" plays because he might turn it over, we can't let him handle the ball cause he might fumble, we can't fall behind because he can't come back under pressure, the D has to pitch a shutout every game, etc etc. If this is what its come to, then we have to really question if this kid is the answer. You have to beat the other team AND your own QB? When is the game gonna start slowing down for this kid? It seems to move faster and faster to him. When are we going to see at least one win where he puts the ball in the endzone when we need him too? Yea yea he's a rookie and only 16 college games yadda yadda yadda. But sooner or later he has to show SOMETHING. Very disappointing.

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

This is pretty much it, though I think we're in deep enough that he should continue to start.

Right now (at this moment of this season and for the past few games, not forever) he is limiting the team and it is apparent enough that defenses pick up on it. That kills our chances at rhythm. It's no different than if we have a horrible O-line.

8. winstonbiggs

The coaches decided to go with the kid and the coaches have decided to play scared football. The kid is fine he has all the tools we can all see it. The coaches made the decision to go with him and they have made the decision to play him with a scared to lose philosophy. They probably should have sat him or simplified the playbook and let him play full out. They have done neither of those things and it's on them not him.

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

you sound like a dolphin fan and fans like you really irritate me

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

listen mark is a rookie and as we all know ive been very frustrated with him at times..but the kid has shown flashes...and for someone that only played 16 collegiate games im actually impressed with him...the sky is the limit for our young QB...

but tweaks have to be made in the offseason to the offensive unit and offensive coaching staff.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets need to go get a QB guru to develop their young QB's. Kellen Clemens and now Mark Sanchez have looked like absolute shit at times under Brian Schottenheimer's tutelage. The vets have looked pretty bad at times also.

It's on Brian Schottenheimer. He's the reason the Jets won't be in the playoffs this year. He may well be the reason that Mark Sanchez fails as the Jet's QB also. I think Woody should be petrified of what happens with this team if Sanchez doesn't work out. The fiscal situation is going to look pretty grim if the Jets have to cut ticket prices by 50% to sell out and that's where they are headed.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It's got to be on sanchez?

did you not see the Special Teams today?

Yeah he didn't look great, but holy shit, the Special Teams was the reason the Jets lost.

13. winstonbiggs

Rex Ryan deserves some of the blame for the way Sanchez has been handled. He made the decision to start him he gave him to Shoty and than he decided to play scared on O and only throw in throwing situations when he wasn't comfortable lossing with a rookie QB.

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

oh thats right, the falcons are stacking 7-9 in the box and its Jones' fault that Sanchez is unable to pass the ball successfully. :lol:

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

then more formations that don't give away what play is coming have to be used.

but its seems to be either the big formation with 50 linemen coming into block, or shotgun spread wide.

someone go hand schotty a Madden playbook.

I only saw about 4 slant routes today. Sanchez looked great in September when he was throwing tons of slant routes... what the fuck Cutesy? go back to what works.

16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

So it's a bad weather game... Sanchez just came back from knee injuries... we have the no.1 rushing team... and you pass 32 times and run 32 times?!?!

What the hell is in Schotty's head? With that weather and a rookie QB you have to RUN RUN RUN!!!

I blame special teams #1 but Schotty's game plan comes straight in at #2...

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The falcons shut down the run and forced MS to beat them through the air. Its a smart defensive strategy and it worked. The birds put 7+ in the box routinely. They do that because they know that the Jets have a lousy passing game. They challenged the Jets to beat them through the air and the Jets were not able to do it. Running the ball 8 more times into the stacked box wouldn't have won the game.

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

meeh.. I still think Schotty didn't call a solid enough game... Sanchez sure has responsabilities for the INTs but I think his play-calling style just doesn't fit our team.

PS plus we have the no.1 rushing offense... I'm sure we at least wouldn't have given the ball away as many times running it more.

19. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

This is what I see when I watch Sanchez;

1. A refreshing enthusiasm for playing and winning.
    2. A pouty / I wanna cry look on his face when things aren't going his way, this amounts to simple immaturity, which will get better
    3. A sense of confusion when given a little pressure, it seems as though he wants to do what the coaching staff has told him, yet is goes against the very grain of INSTINCTIVNESS, that makes him a good Quaterback, this is a lot of talk inside a Quaterback's head when you have a speedy system in which to make a decision.
    4. The habit of pressing too much. He tries way too often to thread the needle in not only double, but sometimes triple coverage. This would be o.k. ONCE IN A WHILE, but not as regularly as he does it.
    5. Targeting recievers with his eyes which is why the defenders always jump their routs and often get a pic 6 out of him.
    6. To sum up, so far, the INABILITY to learn from his mistakes! Some habits die hard and while I think he has the makings of a great QB for us, right now his head is swimming around all these observations I've stated and I think he is basically confused right now..... He has to be managed much much more effectively by coaching and allowed the balance between being an instinctive play maker, and the discipline to cease the bad habits and become comfortable with the integration of it all.....I still have high hopes for the kid, but he has some growing up to do. Just my thoughts, I welcome any observations or constructive criticism

20. winstonbiggs

What does a stacked box have to do with it? How many times did we run 3 and 4 WR sets? We were matched up to run on a stacked box. :lol: I know you don't understand that concept. Let me repeat it good running teams face stacked boxes and run the ball on them because they match up. That's why they are good running teams.

#60 winstonbiggs, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009