It's Bryce Petty Time!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Aug 11, 2015.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

myers just trying to sell his book with that POS article

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Standard Operating Procedure

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

What a smug prick.

"Or maybe Petty just becomes Brooks Bollinger."

"Maybe this will be the start of something big for Jets fans. Or unlike Brady, maybe it’s all just a fairy tale and their young prince turns into a frog. Or even worse, Geno Smith plays Sunday."

This comes after writing an article stating that we should trade for RGIII.

Fuck you Gary. With a hammer.

VaBchJet, JetLifeLo, PulseJet and 3 others like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

"maybe this will happen!"
    "maybe not"
    "who knows, and I don't have anything of merit to say about it. Oh look- buy my book!"

-Myers

5. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JetLifeLo likes this.
  6. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Its looking like fitz is starting. All 3 qbs dressed for practice. Fitz wearing glove spotted holding ball with left hand
    Per cimini tweets

Brook! and SonofDinger like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Unless Mac and Bowles were lying, and we have no reason to think they were, I'm just going by what they themselves said on MULTIPLE occasions. I am not wrong. You are, oh clueless one.

9. NCJetsfan

I didn't get to see the game, but the accounts I read said that Dakota Dozier was playing center while Mangold was out. Either way, both aren't a scab on Mangold's behind. Just because he (which ever one it was) didn't give up a pressure (if true) this past Sunday doesn't mean he won't get the QB killed this Sunday.

I wouldn't put a rookie QB in to play behind a rookie backup center unless the QB had wheels like Marcus Mariota and could escape the rush/pressure, but that's just me. I tend to err more on the side of caution.

10. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

Please show me a quote where they said they will not be playing who they think are the best players. Or maybe read my original post because you are digging a hole to idiotville every time you post.

I said they will play Bryce petty on Sunday if they believe he is the best player on the roster. Ie: if fitz and geno can't play and they don't think any FA are better then petty they will play petty. The only reason they haven't started petty week one is because they don't think he's better then fitz or geno. Same reason they don't start Marcus Williams's because they think revis and cromartie are better...There is no coach or GM in this league who would not play who they feel is the best man for the job.

Could you imagine Pete Carroll being like "damn this Wilson kid is clearly the best player we have... Really wish we could play him, but he's a 3rd round pick from a college system so we have to wait the mandatory one year enforced by NCJetsFan... Oh well that's the rules, get in there Matt Flynn!"

THANK GOD you are a fan and not a coach/GM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiaJets305 likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

You are a moron and arrogant asshat, plain and simple, so this is my last post to you. You think you know more than Bowles and Mac or anyone and you don't know jack shit.

The reason that Petty wasn't better than Fitz or Geno week one, was because he wasn't ready to play in the NFL. He was coming from a simple one-read offense in college, and wasn't used to reading even collegiate Ds, much less more complex NFL Ds and going through progressions. He didn't know the offense. He was adjusting to the speed of the NFL. Mac and Bowles also knew of the Jets' recent history of rushing young QBs on the field before they were ready. With both Sanchez and Geno, experts said that they needed to sit for at least a year, if not two. The same thing was said of Petty. They weren't going to make the same mistakes as Rex, Tanny and Idzik.

Petty's arm was better than either Geno's or Fitz' on day one. His poise and ability to handle pressure was probably close, if not already better than Geno. By now his decision making is probably already better than Geno's. His football IQ is definitely better than Geno's. The case could be made that Petty was already a better pure QB than Geno during TC. To say that he wasn't ahead of Geno on the depth chart because Geno was better is pure nonsense. It's because Geno had experience, knew the offense, and Mac and Bowles needed to find out what they had in Geno, and because they knew that Petty needed time to develop. One can't work on fundamental issues while one is having to prepare to play each week.

MiaJets305 likes this.
  12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

as i read this (and agreed with it all) i felt like u were giving me body punches with the Petty better than Geno comparisons ! ouch...

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Just heard that Kaepernick was traded...

Could it be?

edit: bullshit info from a bad source

#673 Acad23, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ya he got traded to the bench

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying who's bench.

Whoever got him gave up not much.

Quiet as it's kept.

16. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I'm a believer in Bryce Petty as a starting caliber QB (being careful with my words --- i.e. starting caliber / not Pro Bowl or HOF).
    Yet I'm also hoping he doesnt see the field this year at all.
    Wouldn't mind Fitzpatrick coming back next year if Bryce was primary backup either.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

deadline was yesterday, he couldn't get traded today.

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Trade deadline was yesterday so you would have heard before now if true.

19. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

Man I really don't know how much Clearer I can possibly be. Seriously can you read? All I am saying is that Bowles will play the best player. They wouldn't not play petty because they have to wait a mandatory one year IF THEY THINK HE IS BETTER THEN WHATS AVAILABLE ON THE ROSTER.

If they think geno is better they will play geno

If they think fitz is better they will play fitz

They will play the best player on the roster they won't wait a year IF THEY THINK HES BETTER

if they do not think he is better then they will not play him.

Like you seriously can't read, you should actually try comprehending the point you are arguing against before you go full-Sean penn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Where did you hear he got traded?