It's Bryce Petty Time!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Aug 11, 2015.

1. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

What worries me about Bryce starting on Sunday despite playing against Jacksonville at home is the fact that Brandon Marshall may not be available. If he plays, great, but without him is gonna a little bit more difficult. I'm not saying that he's not going to do well without Marshall, I'm saying that having him makes things a whole lot easier.

Turbocharged23 likes this.
  2. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I just find it ironic that Geno was given a second chance on Sunday and immediately did something stupid and unnecessary again to screw up his chances. He could have broken a clavicle or dislocated a shoulder taking that hit.

NYJetsO12, ajax and matt robinson 17 like this.
  3. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Looks like it really is Petty time this week. He shouldn't be ready based on the offense they ran at Baylor, but if you go by his preseason performance I'd say that he is. He'll make mistakes, typical rookie mistakes, wrong read here, bad decision there, that's to be expected with any young QB. Luck is still doing that 4 years into his career. Winston isn't exactly lighting it up either. So instead of trying to tell Petty he can't play or that he isn't ready just let him go out there and do his thing, he'll learn and get better. We're not in the position to just let him sit and learn for the next 3 years. Plus he's got a very good supporting cast around him. This isn't the ~ 2003 Texans or whatever year they drafted Carr.

SonofDinger, JetLifeLo and NYJFOREVER like this.
  4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

hopefully he's been doing the mental reps and didn't have to frantically search for his playbook when he realized he was next up.

5. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I really like this. It should give us a better idea of how Petty is coming along and Jacksonville isn't exactly a top tier team (obviously no teams in the nfl can be taken lightly). Ideally he plays well and then Fitz and or Geno (hopefully Fitz) is ready to go Thursday against Buffalo, leaving Petty with enough of a taste to push him even harder for 2016. And if he sucks then head office puts that much more emphasis on Qb next draft. In a small way it is a win/win.

6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

we all preached how Bryce isn't ready. but shit... i can't think of a better time then to let the kid ball. Above .500, playing @ home against the Jaguars.

I know we can't afford to lose games by experimenting... but i think this is a high risk high reward type thing. What if Bryce proves that he in fact is VERY ready.

Do we go back to Geno and Fitz if he balls out??

I'm talking 275 yards 3 TD's 0 Int's type ball out.

I'd jizz myself. lmao. THE RISE OF BROADWAY BRYCE BEGINS NOWWWWWWW!!!

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey DBH

What time is the next press conference for Bowles?

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

At first I thought you were talking about the interception before I finished reading the sentence.

9. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Bryce Petty, God save us... If Bryce Petty is our starting QB I think it's fair to say this season is lost.

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

All QBs throw inexplicable INTs. Good and bad ones. The more mature ones do not let that happen to them though.

11. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

I find it hard to fault a QB fighting for extra yards when you got Cromartie and our defense giving a joke of an effort. At least he had heart man

12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with heart. He looked like a bumbling idiot. The only reason he was in the game is cause Fitz took an unnecessary hit. Then here comes Geno down the sideline completely clueless trying to get his head taken off. Completely idiotic move to take that hit. Step out of bounds.

ajax and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Famous Jameis is doing just fine. He's been doing good since that 4 Interception game against the Panthers. He's going to be a star.

His arrow has gone up, while Mariota has gone down since the WK1 game.

14. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

If he was a RB I'd agree with you. That doesn't fly for a a QB. That's like giving a punter props for running down the field to deliver a hard tackle for the return team. Beyond stupid for both Fitz & Geno to fight for yards and risk those hits. I'm hoping Bryce has learned from the mistakes of both his predecessors this season at QB.

NYJetsO12 and SonofDinger like this.
  15. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just shake my head at both QBs. Both hits were so unnecessary. Both guys already had their first downs. Risking your health for those couple extra yards was so shortsighted on both their parts.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I am not sure i agree, watched cam last nite and no one seemed to mind when he lowered his shoulder on designed qb runs.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I don't think Geno even seen the guy, one would assume had he seen him he would've stepped out of bounds.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Cam Newton is also 250 pounds.

NY Jets68 and tiger8mush like this.
  19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No reason to get hysterical over a guy possibly starting one game. The only way he starts more than one here is probably if he lights it up, which is highly unlikely but would obviously be great.

20. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Is Petty really starting or is it just talk