It wasn't Mangini, it was Schotty...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Feb 8, 2007.

1. EL Kabong

EL Kabong Member

I have great respect for all involved with the offence.. they did without #28.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Good call. Baker would get a lot more hype if that TD would've stood in Clevland. Really soft hands for a TE, and can ACTUALLY block. Will be scary if the two are used properly.

3. rjstrifecta

rjstrifecta New Member

One funny thing that Mangini did was bring with him the "book" on Chad Pennington from New England. Chad studied a phone book sized manual on his tendencies and was able to improve from it.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It is interesting though that Chad had the weakest of his 3 "full" seasons after getting a look at that book. He threw more Int's and had more poor performances than he did in 2002 and 2004.

5. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

I would give the nod to Chad actually since as he played so did the Jets for the most part. When he played well we won and when he didn't we lost. Obviously that's an oversimplification but it fit most of last year.

That being said, I truly like our team and coaching staff and think that if the D can make that big stop a bit more and we can find someone who can step up on the offense when Chad is off a bit then we'll be ready to take that next step. We have the pieces and we seem to have some solid leadership so I'm pretty excited to see where things go from here.

6. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

Nuff said, I could not have put it any better.