Is it too early for a Tankhaton thread?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 21, 2024 at 10:20 AM.

1. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

The Hackett "demotion" is likely rooted a lot more in the needed positive PR spin headline aspect then any real attempt to actually push him, his presence, or his input out of the big picture. Much less off the team. Hence why he is still the team's OC. Heck even Ulbrich made it a point after-the-fact to state Hackett would be a "big part of the success we're going to have going forward".

Again, Aaron Rodgers is likely not going anywhere until after 2025. If you think Hackett is getting pushed out before then then you are going to end up being sadly disappointed.

I also love the idea of spending a lottery pick at QB. Just not until at least 2026, and only once a full flush of the building (including Rodgers) has happened. Needs to happen free of any potential sticking stink. Until then I'd rather just just shoot for the non-QB pro bowler talent that gets handed over to the new regime. Where 1 year drafted into a bad situation might not be as damning to their long term development picture and prospects.

#61 Kronoking, Oct 22, 2024 at 1:03 PM
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2024 at 1:08 PM
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

So you really think Nathaniel Hackett is going to be the offensive coordinator next season?

—-

I think there’s a less than 1 percent chance a new HC comes in and retains the demoted OC of the guy he replaced

stinkyB and dawinner127 like this.
  3. Kronoking

I think your 1% projection isn't living in the same surrounding reality as the actual price that was always going to have to be paid to have Aaron Rodgers as the QB of this football team.

Trading assets away to bring in Davante Adams wasn't gonna be this ride's last stop down the path of delusional reaching, and Aaron (who would ultimately have to make that call in our current reality setting) ain't throwing the towel in on his boy.

Any new HC coming in will be signing up for that in the process of taking the job, or they won't be taking the job.

#63 Kronoking, Oct 22, 2024 at 3:08 PM
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2024 at 3:13 PM
  4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well it’s going to be interesting to see how this goes….

plenty of games left but after two games with Ulbrich as interim HC, he hasn’t shown anything to make anyone think he should be the guy going forward. Maybe we go on a run and that changes but hard to imagine that happening…our offense still sucks and our defense has regressed…how on earth do we give up 30 unanswered points to that Steeler team???? I think taking Ulbrich out of the DC role has weakened the D.

This team is in free fall heading into a full on MUST WIN against the Pats, and while we should win that game easily based on rosters, I would not be at all surprised if we lose it.

So if things don’t turn around quickly, hard to see us sticking with Ulbrich, and then I agree any new coach coming in, ESPECIALLY since he’ll need to be an offensive guy, will not want to stick with the anchor that is Hackett. Hell, I’m guessing a new HC may not really even want AR on his last legs there either…and if AR decides to keep playing, I’m having a hard time seeing Woody cut bait.

Just a lot to imagine…a lot will depend on how the rest of the season goes, but we now have NO wiggle room. The Dolphins suck without Tua but are a top offense with him, and he’s practicing now so if he does come back and play and stay on the field, I would 100% expect that the Dolphins will pass us up in the standings. We won’t be able to stop their O if Tua plays.

We’ll see…but it’s not looking good for this year…this team has shown zero heart…that shit doesn’t just turn on.

mezzavo likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

jeez Rodgers worked with Hackett before but he’s not his boyfriend or anything…

I think you are delusional

Ralebird and dawinner127 like this.
  6. Kronoking

Heh. I have actually heard that a lot here over the last year after i joined this board to debate my displeasure with bringing in Aaron Rodgers, and more specifically over all the accompanying realities I projected to come out of that.

I wasn't the delusional one in 95% of what I've debated and predicted leading up to now, and I won't end up being the delusional one over this either.

Let me ask you this simple question. Before Hackett who was the last NFL team OC to get stripped of his play calling duties but keep their OC job? After 2 straight historically bad seasonal showings coming in to this year, before we've even got to point of him needing to be "demoted".....why is he not getting fired along with Saleh now? Explain that in a way that doesn't make yourself sound delusional.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Woody was delusional believing he could trust Arod to lead the team back from oblivion . Whether Woody knew it or not he essentially made AR Dictator …Rogers has been the puppet master manipulating a weak GM and dumb it down Owner insisting his beyond awful OC buddy Hackett grabs a paycheck

Since I was excited about AR coming here I must be a bit delusional as well aha

It’s a shame the posters here, are being so accusatory..just adding to salt to the wound of another Jet failed experiment cooked up by Saleh AR Hackett and Woody

I have had enough..really . They will cure cancer before the NYJ are world champions

papapump likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

It has literally happened in this same market and in this same calendar year

Giants OC Mike Kafka was stripped of playcalling duties but has retained the title of OC and Assistant HC

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Problem is, JD has already cashed prime DP's getting Reddick and Adams so even if we tank, the Eagles and the Raiders would be the prime beneficiaries.

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

We've been tanking for a decade now, and the higher the pick, the worse we get.

Jets81 and mezzavo like this.
  11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Power rankings give some perspective

4 Vkings -L
    5 Bills - L
    9 Steelers - L
    12 Broncos - L
    16 49ers - L

22 J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

29 Titans - W
    31 Patriots - W

We played and lost to some of the best teams in the NFL with a goofy schedule involving night games and a trip to London.

Many of the players on our offensive line and the offense in general have never played together before and some guys are coming off of injuries.

We have already fired our head coach and demoted our offensive coordinator.

Despite all of the excuses we could make we gave up a ton of draft capital and cap space to win now with Aaron Rodgers.

We also backloaded contracts into next year to get Rodgers the help he needs now.

This team needs to start winning this week and will need to beat good teams like the Texans, Cardinals, and Bills for us to have any hope of making the playoffs.

abyzmul likes this.
  12. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Brook, I don't think having the team tank for a better draft position is in anyone's plan. Anyway the Jets "brain trust" doesn't seem to make good draft picks and so will squander that opportunity.

I have no hope for this season or next.

Better to call the thread "CIRCLING THE BOWL".

stinkyB and Brook! like this.
  13. Kronoking

You only answered part of the question there and need to follow through.

So you got the terrible team Giants who have an in-house offensive pedigree head coach at the helm, and who ended up taking taking up those duties. We had a defensive pedigree Saleh at HC, and now have another defensive guy in Ulbrich at the helm. Do you see the meaningful difference in those 2 scenarios (especially taking into account we already have firings happening), or with any of the other fairly unique situations of this actually happening over the years is different from our own?

You seemingly want to claim Hackett keeping his OC job has nothing to do with Rodgers, and that Hackett is definitely all but fired at this point. Ok. Then with no kick the can upstairs option on the table here...why didn't it happen? Why is Hackett still here? If he's all but out of the building already and Rodgers wanting him as OC isn't a factor in that why wouldn't they have just fired him and handed the interim OC job over to former OC Downing already?

Just because you don't like the one explanation that actually makes any real sense of those questions doesn't make it wrong man.

14. BrowningNagle

You asked me when its happened last, I told you in 2024 with the Giants. The rest of that stuff is additional fluff, some of which I didn’t even claim

REVISion and abyzmul like this.
  15. Kronoking

The fact you can't and won't follow through to answer the rest of that question there doesn't amount to just "fluff". It basically just concedes to the idea that there just isn't any good or rational based explanation to explain why Nathaniel Hackett wouldn't have been fired by now. Other then one tied to an acknowledgement that every speculative indication we have up to this point suggests he can't and won't be fired because of Rodgers. Which even the mainsteam media is mostly running with at this point.

The fact he's still here and under the OC title is simply too damning towards what you want to claim is is actually happening there. If what you wanted to claim was true he'd of be fired by now and likely before Saleh.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Wait dude, you are really bad at this. You said you were asking "a simple question", then asked the exact question that BN answered. Now you're saying he didn't conform to your follow-up conditions? Just shut up already.

REVISion and BrowningNagle like this.
  17. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Tankathon or not, Jets looking like they are running on an empty tank.

18. Kronoking

Bad at this was jumping in to reply there while not even making the attempt to answer the clearly triggering subject matter yourself. Which behind your combative tone there we both know you wouldn't either for the same reason he didn't. Same as your own refusal to even acknowledge any non-fanboy side and/or every former NFL player take on the post-game call out Aaron Rodgers made last week on Mike Williams.

You tell me to shut up but i mean...good god. It shouldn't be this dang hard to just concede Aaron Rodgers as the clear cut reason Hackett is still employed here lol.

19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

It's staggering when you see it spelled out like you did there.

When you play teams, like the Steelers, that haven't had a losing season under Tomlin, who is their 3rd head coach in almost as many years as the Jets have been a franchise and it really.....REALLY puts things in stark perspective. Also kind of drives home the question I ask myself all the time, "what kind of person actually BECOMES a fan of this team and WHY do we remain?" For those born into it, go see your parents. Wish I had an answer for you. For those of us who weren't born into it, what in the hell is wrong with us?? :eek:

I mean, fuck...the Bills have one more division titles, in the last 5 years, than the Jets since MOST of us were born! JSMH....

JetFanInNE and Jets81 like this.
  20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Drop the mic...

Oh, btw...I am on the "Rodgers Retires" at the end of 2024. There are 10 games left in this season and it "looks like" he wants no part of any of them. Every time they pan to him he looks, tired, hurting and defeated. Every blast he takes cements his feet in "Shadey Oaks Retirement Community."