Is it possilbe to win with Rex in the long term?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by supersonic, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Alex Smith couldn't carry his gym bag. That's why he's off the team.

2. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Bro...Is it really worth getting into a pissing match with everyone who disagrees with you? You had to know you were going to get some resistance to your POV.

Life's short....lighten up

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, nonsense is claiming Sanchez performed at an elite level in the playoffs, or comparing Alex Smith and Kaepernick on the basis of QB rating alone.

your criticism of him requires you to both dismiss his performances as well as speculate on future performance, neither of which are a rational argument based on any sort of empirical evidence to support it.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Again...you're kidding, right?

Beside's being overly simplistic, implying that an NFL franchise is in any way comparable to a "consumer products company" is just silly.

Saying that "a head coach is like a CEO -- a brilliant strategist for the overall vision and strategy of the team/company..." is laughable. Go ahead and ask Rex Ryan to explain revenue sharing, the collective bargaining agreement and backup revenue streams. See how brilliant he is.

Shaniqua, my shift manager at McDonalds, keeps yelling "Ask JetBlue where our damn TV money is..."

5. JetBlue

holy shit. are you so fucking stupid that you took that comment literally, not an analogy, and thought it meant that NFL coaches must know about financing and marketing or about the business operations of every type of corporation rather than the obvious point of simply describing how successful organizations are structured (regardless of their field of business)?

my God, your answer could not be more asinine and show a significant mental defect. I mean, that is the dumbest possible retort that could have ever been given to my analogy.

you do know what an analogy is, or do I need to explain it.

holy fuck, you took it literally. I am laughing as I type this. and yes, it is at you not with you.

6. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Heres the strange thing... Being tje defensive genius he is, implies he knows how to study an offense and stop it. That said, he should be able to look at an oppositions defense and know where to attack it. Even if he doesnt know a slant from an out, he should be able to read a D and tell any nitwit coordinator where to attack it.

One things for sure. This is NOT a geound and pound league. U better throw and put up points if u want to win. The protection wrs and qbs get only forces u to more

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hey...just because your analogy sucks, no reason to get mad at me.

So go ahead...tell us again how "a head coach is like a CEO -- a brilliant strategist for the overall vision and strategy of the team/company..."

Fucking hilarious....

8. NewYorkEveryThing

Yes. He is a great coach . How many D co-ordinator's took their team to back to back AFCCG's?? I actually think if he leaves ? He needs a strong offense kinda like what dungy did in INDY when he brought the colts a defensive presence..

9. JetBlue

it is okay that you can't dispute the assertion and your attempt made you look ridiculous. happens to some people.

that being said, I am done arguing with you for the day. time to unite our allegiance against an actual enemy in an hour.

10. NewYorkEveryThing

Rex never had a elite or at least a legit QB at the helm. Picture if he came into a situation were there was a good offense already in place?? Rex has been a head coach for lessthan 5 years. If he gets fired? I bet a team looking for defense hires him as a HC. Not a DC!

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

My apologies, JetBlue.

There just wasn't enough meat on the bone to bother.

And, actually, it wasn't the premise of your original diatribe that was so laughable, it was the pomposity in which it was proffered.

Anyway...Shaniqua is letting me off early so I can catch tonight's game at home.

Bless her big gold earrings...

See you in the game thread!

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

While its not ground and pound, all the top teams can run the ball as well as pass it, the jets cannot pass the ball, therefore they will only be competitive enough to hang around in games as opposed to dominating them.

13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This team is so bad, the real question is who will be the next coach?

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think this is his last year and the Jets will make a move to an offensive minded HC.

Who it is I have no clue but, unless the jets make the playoffs Rex is gone.