Is derrick mason going to sign?????

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montana

Montana Member

His 2011 cap number is $4 million.

2. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

I mentioned it before, when Plax signed for 3 (whom the Jets had to compete with other teams for), Braylon was asking for 7 or 8 per. Jets weren't going to wait around for Edwards' price to drop.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

exactly and well said. can't wait to see, time waits for no one.

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

He claims he's had a brush in with personnel, but can it just be because he's been neglected from top receiver on this team to the #3, and openly spoken against by Tanny and company seeking trades for him?

He asked for his trade/release because he knew he wasn't going to be on this team any longer, so why wait around to see if Mason passed his physical or not.

And there is a chance we may not even sign Mason...

5. casman02

casman02 New Member

Really, a lot of the tweets I was reading said the opposite.

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Heard Derrick Mason was extremely upset with Ravens after being released last week. DM organized Ravens player workouts this summer. #nyj

6. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

the thing im not sure about is if that $10 mil was already accounted for (thus saving $6 mil for more FA's) before he signed that extension or if we signed him to that deal to get under the cap already. like i said i have no idea where we are with the cap but $6 mil more for FA's would be nice & id hate to lose out on mason & ellis cause of a few more dollars.

7. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

seems like he's a Raven's lifer if he's still maintaining contact with Harbaugh. We'll see. I'm not optimistic.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spo...8/source_ravens_remain_in_lead_for_floyd.html

8. GeorgeBaha

GeorgeBaha New Member

Mason still wants to be a Raven. I am in Baltimore. He has still been going to the Ravens facility after being cut talking to Ozzie. Mason also has a radio show in Baltimore and has expressed his desire to return to the Ravens. It is not even about the money to him. He just wants to be back on the team.

With that said it seems like a 99.9% chance the Ravens are signing Floyd tomorrow which will make Mason a Jet.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, why is the homepage here stating that Mason signed already?

"The New York Jets signed free agent WR Derrick Mason who was released last week by the Baltimore Ravens. Mason, 37, caught 61 passes for 802 yards and 7 touchdowns last season."

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Petrozza can see the future, thats why!

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

If Petro posted false news... does a mod technically have to ban him :p?

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lotto #'s now...............

13. Falco21

Go look on the main page lol

It has a huge article that says Jets Release Cotchery, Sign Derrick Mason. Then it goes on to say we released Cotchery so that we could sign Mason. Yet everyone here is posting saying he has not committed anywhere yet and no where else does it say he signed.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

^ The home page is wrong.

15. Falco21

Well I picked up on that lol I was just curious as to why it says that. Maybe there was something I missed, but apparently not. I always have read the forum on here, but never joined. Lately I have been reading all the news on free agency and when I got to the home page, that's what it said. Strange

16. ........

........ Trolls

Ding ding ding ding ding!

Reports were that Kerley looked fantastic...again...just like he did at Jets West. Mason or no, this kid is going to have a fantastic opportunity to develop this season knowing that he's part of the future at the position.

Seriously, we can't retool every position every season. It sucks that Cotchery wasn't satisfied with a smaller role on the team. It sucks to see him go this way. Our team will be fine. We addressed almost every unit this offseason, and our two biggest holes are positions of strength in next year's draft. They also had a marked dearth of talent in this year's FA class.

17. Falco21

^^^ I agree entirely. Our receiving corps looks awesome this year. We made Holmes our primary target and we signed Burress as a replacement to Edwards. I understand Burress has not played the game in a long time, but the guy has one hell of a past. Braylon was awesome for us, but his off-field problems seemed to come back and haunt him in the end. If Burress can perform the way he did before he was jailed, we will be in a hell of a position. Not to mention, having Burress on the roster now allows our corners to practice covering a 6' 5" receiver. That helps in all kinds of ways.

And Ignatius is spot on with not being able to keep every position. When we signed Eric Smith, it was a great day. No one thought we would get Brodney Pool back, but we got him as well. Now were offering at Ellis. I am just glad our defense is where it is, and frankly I am very happy with the way the offense is looking. Especially with this upcoming Kerley.

Not to mention Justin Blackmon looks pretty damn good for the upcoming draft.

#97 Falco21, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

not this shit again

19. Montana

Montana Member

TheJetsStream: By all appearances, Jerricho Cotchery's lack of an opportunity to start for the Jets this season led to today's parting of the ways

20. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Do did he sign or no? im confused now!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.