Interesting article about Brad Smith as future QB of the NYJ

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CaneJet, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Anyone with half a sports brain would realize that this was against some of the worse players on the team since it was the 3rd stringers.
    Just a note, Most of them were black. But I guess they should all be starters because of it.

No, Too bad we don't live in a world where some minorities feel that everything that doesn't go their way is because of race and scream it as the 1st excuse.

Screaming racism nowadays is more & more just an excuse for someone's shortcoming.
    IOW, It's an easy way out instead of actually bettering yourslf and working hard for something.
    Growing up in the PJ's this is what we call a "Ghetto Mentality".

2. JetPulse

JetPulse New Member

Stooping..........
    Stooping.........

stooping.......
    stooping to a low level will not help.

3. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

Dude, what was that article written by Buck Nasty of the playa hataz ball?

...as I drink this soda that some of you prolly spit in....

4. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Bizzarro, bizzaro.

[​IMG]

5. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

What a bunch of racist monkey crap.

6. sameoljets

sameoljets Member

pack blower!!

7. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

When Chad got his throwing shoulder hurt the first time in 2004 up in Buffalo the back up to Chad was Quincey Carter who was a black QB. When he QB'ed the Jets at home against the Ravens, on the road in Cleveland & at Arizona I rooted for him to succeed like all of us did to get us wins and the hope to allow him to gun that ball down field and get us touchdowns by either Santana Moss or Justin McCareins.

In 2001 Herman Edwards was our first Head Coach who was also black. I have told many people who asked me about it & I told them straight in the face. "I DON'T CARE WHO IS OUR HEAD COACH OR OUR QB AS LONG AS THEY GIVE MY TEAM A CHANCE TO WIN"

People like him are trying to give Brad Smith a bad immage. He has done a tremendous job in the pre-season and in the first game against the Titans. I would believe he would say "I'M JUST TRYING TO MAKE THE TEAM, I DON'T CARE WHERE I PLAY OR WHAT POSITION" Then Kudos to him.

It shouldn't matter the color of the skin of a human being at a certain position on the football field. Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, or a one eyed, one horn flying purple people eater that person has the best abillity to throw the football and give the team a chance to win. You would like to think or believe that the NFL along with the other professional sports leagues in the USA has moved on past these things.

If this guy thinks there should be more Black QB's in the NFL then that's his opinion, but I think he should take a trip to Europe where in certain countries like in Spain, Italy, the Netherlands where Black Athletes in the sport of soccer who are from Africa, or of African descent that live in England and some of our American players who play in Europe consistantly get bombarded with stupid monkey chants, signs calling them racists names and there have been at times the fans have thrown Banana's on the field. I would like to think our leagues have grown up where this man hasn't.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

There is nothing interesting about this racist article BUt I do believe Brad Smith may one day be our starting QB.

9. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I Google searched "Eric Mangini."

I saw the title of the article in Google: "Planet Earth To Eric Mangini."

I clicked the link, and five seconds into reading it, my jaw dropped.

I didn't mean to start an uproar, but I really wanted to see what the reaction from here was going to be.

10. illmatic

illmatic New Member

Jeez...i must say, I'm a black man, and was highly offended by that article. Racist isn't the word for for that ignorant writing was

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The article was drivel but like you I see something in the way this kids comports himself. He just has the look and feel of not just an athlete but a leader. It wouldn't surprise me at all if in time he steps up and becomes the starting QB of this team sometime down the line.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That's twice in 2 or 3 days we agree:smile:

13. Tight

Tight Active Member

I don't care how you twist and contort what I say.

If you look at soriano,ortiz,tejada,sosa. Its obvious those guys have african ancestry.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I would be surprised. In my opinion, he doesn't throw the ball well enough. Back in 2003 I was already thinking this guy would be converted to RB or WR when he made it to the NFL. Then in 2004 he was horrible, completing only 51.8% of his 369 passes. That was the year Missouri tried to make him a pocker passer. The coaching staff let him loose the following season. When he was allowed to run around like Michael Vick, Smith played well (2002-03, 2005).

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I was joking with that earlier post. It probably was written by actual black people. Dumb ones at that.

However, these days you never can be totally sure with many of these internet sites.

16. GreenMachine

As was I...I have learned to detect the "cakes" sarcasm:beer:

17. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Looks like a knowledge of football isn't the only thing this guy is ignorant of.

18. Jetsman5137

Jetsman5137 New Member

Because their stadium, headquarters and training facility will all be in New Jersey. They should rename them IMO.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This thread should be in the BS forum. It has little to do with the Jets and a lot to do with bigotry. Or maybe in the TT forum, never to be heard from again.

20. jetsaholic10

jetsaholic10 Member

This article is getting too much attention. The author knows nothing about football, but all this attention is exactly what he wants.