IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Steelers needs to lose to Dallas and Cinci - puts them at 8-8 at best

Cinci just has to beat the Steelers

Jets win out - would win a 9-7 tie breakers over Cinci if it came to that based of conference record, but 3 way tie with Cinci/steelers/jets would most likely go to steelers since they would beat out Cinci to eliminate division opponent and have head to head against jets.

Another scenario is the Colts losing out- which isn't too far fetched since the KC game is on the road and the Texans could be fighting for the #1 seed with NE. (NE winning the next two is important). In that scenario 9-7 ties with the Colts, Steelers, Ravens - Jets and Colts get in - Jets at the #5 seed.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Just like last year, complete control of our playoff destiny and bombed at the end, I can see the same thing happening this year, win and in at the end of the season and we put up a stinker.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Not a tiebreaker expert, nor have I been paying attention enough because I don't think our Jets are a playoff team, but what if Baltimore loses out - would the Jets have tiebreaker over them? I could see it happening too, they are stalling a bit and they have Denver-NYG-Cinci, all tough games.

What happens in this scenario?
    -Cinci beats Philly, beats Pitt, beats Baltimore : 10-6, Division winners
    -Baltimore loses out - 9-7
    -Pittsburgh loses to Dallas and Cinci, beats Cleveland : 8-8, out of playoffs
    -Jets win out, 9-7.

Would Baltimore or the Jets get the 6th seed?

4. 85inthehall

Balt would be 8-4 in the conference and beat the Jets who have 5 losses.

Cinci is the best shot. Indy is possible.

5. BrowningNagle

Thank you sir.

God, I'm tired of these scenarios every single year - needing help from others. Just once I'd like to be talking about what the Jets need for homefield advantage instead of grasping at these straws. oh well.

6. steviep

steviep Active Member

I know we shouldnt be talking playoffs, blah blah blah -- win one game at a time -- blah blah blah.... nonetheless...i think 85 is right. im not sure that the jets could win a tie breaker with the steelers. THe key in all the scenarios is that the bengals have to beat the steelers. (Obviously -- they all have to be 9-7 or worse). So -- this week we are (again) cowboy fans and eagles fans. I think that if the Bengals beat the steelers and they are tied -- the bengals will win the tiebreaker (although it depends on their other remaining conference game).

7. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Baltimore losing to Pitt last week was a big hit. Jets need a lot to go their way.

8. 85inthehall

Also Texan fans - colts losing 3 more is a good thing.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It was a bad loss I agree...Damn, but still how is this Jets team still involved in this

10. 85inthehall

Yeah I think the only scenario where 9-7 works with both Cinci and Pitt is if you add Indy into the mix also.

11. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

they're not going to the playoffs. Like some others have said, i just want to see them finish the season strong as opposed to how they finished last year.

The fact that they are in the picture is enough for me as a fan right now, but they're not going anywhere.

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

we'll get in if the Colts lose 3 straight and end up 9-7 assuming if the Jets win out.

13. BrowningNagle

The Colts ain't losing out.

not a chance in hell they lose to K.C., who's all but packed it in, when they will have a chance to clinch with a victory. Not to mention that might be the game Pagano returns.

Colts will win one of the Houston games as well, finishing 11-5. Probably week 17 as Houston will be resting people, but possibly even sunday as Houston will be a on short week following a huge monday night road game...

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Pagano should sit out the season...Let the guy running the team finish it, having Pagano back may help them or make things complicated

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I know but just saying. That's why I was hoping that the Titans would have beaten them on Sunday. I'm hoping the Texans sweep them.

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

How good would our chances be if Cincy and Pitt tie each other when they play?

17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Thats not a good scenario because we would still need them to each lose one more game before or after that

18. allan1

allan1 Active Member

On thing to be hopeful of is that Houston hates the Colts, and regularly got their heart broken by Peyton Manning. I'm sure Houston would love to ruin their season

19. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

All Im wishing for right now is that Houston can take care of NE tonight.I just cant stand another year of NE as the #1 seed!

20. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Again, while I tend to agree that IND will beat KC, these definite assertions about the outcome of game are ridiculous. So there's no way the Chiefs could beat a rookie QB at Arrowhead on the last home game of the season?

The Colts will definitely win one of those games against Houston? Really. Even if HOU is playing for the #1 seed week 17?

I've watched a few Colts game. Luck is good. Really good. But they are barely squeezing out wins. They are not a dominant team. They should have lost at DET and this past week at home to TEN. They were outplayed in both those games for the most part.

As a matter of fact, their average margin of victory is 5.5 points (they won 8 of their nine games by less than a TD). Their average margin of defeat is 19.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.