IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Hey, I agree. You can only beat who is on your schedule. I'm rooting hard every game. I'm just not under any impression that this team has a chance to make a run like the '09 team. If they go 9-7 and get in, they deserve it.

Just don't be shocked if they get trucked in the first round. In '09 they had a run game and the D to hold them in most games. They have already lost at least 3 games this year by 21 or more if I'm not mistaken.

2. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Somebody is watching way too much ESPN and believing their BS.

Did you watch the Christmas game? The only Reality Check is that Our beloved team is the laughing stock of the NFL.

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

do you not understand the seahawks had no business beating the Saints in the playoffs.

4. skeleton_frames

And, to be honest, the year the Jets went into Foxboro and won in the 2nd round, they had no business either.

I just can't understand people who would rather not make it...sure, they likely lose, potentially in embarrassing fashion, but who cares? I'll take a 17th game and whatever small chance they have.

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Really? Not Arizona who just lost 8 straight including letting a backup QB beat them and letting Seattle score 58 points on them?

Not Carolina who lost to KC just a week ago?

Not the Eagles who lost eight straight before today?

Not the Lions who choked two double digit leads twice in two games?

But we are the laughing stock being one game out of the wild card race.

Makes sense.

6. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I'll root for 9-7 and playoffs. But am under no allusions that we will do anything to even sniff a championship game of any kind. This team is missing too many of it's best players to be called anything but mediocre.

7. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

Im tiring of all these so called "jets fans" everywhere. Nothing but negativity for the team. The freaking Chiefs have won 2 games but the fans are all positive and cheer their ass off every damn game.

8. KWJetsFan

You are full of crap. I'm friends with some KC transplants down here in Florida. They want to jump off a bridge.

9. KWJetsFan

They actually did. Despite things looking bleak after the 45-3 throttling, the Jets had already beaten NE that year.

They ultimately won 2 of 3 from them.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

No i didnt watch the Christmas game being that i can't see into the future like you apparently can , being that there also is no christmas game anyway

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Our two playoff years we split the series with the Patriots, We needed that OT game to have a real legit shot at the playoffs

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

We haven't been a laughing stock since Thanksgiving. Before then we weren't a laughingstock except for SF. The current laughingstock are the CArdinals losing 59-0. You aren't watching enough ESPN if you think the Jets are currently the laughingstock.

13. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

I hope I have this right:

Jets make playoffs with:
    1) Win out AND
    2) Steelers lose at least 2 of 3 AND
    3) Bengals lose at least 1 of 3.

Steelers: REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Cowboys (7-6), vs. Bengals (7-6),
    vs. Browns (5-8)

Bengals: REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Eagles (4-9), at Steelers (7-6),
    vs. Ravens (9-4)

JETS: REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Titans (4-9), vs. Chargers (5-8), at Bills (5-8).

PERHAPS: Pitt loses at Dal and v Cin; Cin loses v Balt; Jets win out.

14. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Agreed. You cannot be a laughingstock when you're one game out of playoff position. The chiefs and cardinals are playing some of the worst football I have ever seen. If we have a QB problem then what do you call the garbage that Arizona puts on the field each week. They are killing Larry Fitzgerald's career slowly.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If Dallas beats Pittsburgh next week, we need to root hard to Cinci to beat them to give Pitt 8 losses. Does anybody know if we tie head to head at 9-7 with Cinci, do we get in?

16. General Fan

General Fan New Member

I believe you are correct but I think (based on NFL's rules website) that we would also win out in a three way tie as well based on conference record. That may be easier to obtain rather than Pittsburg losing 2 of 3.

17. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The Key for us is that Cincy HAS to beat Pitt. If they don't, and Pitt ends up 9-7, they have the head to head sweep.

18. General Fan

General Fan New Member

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Tiebreaker would be conference wins. By my quick and hasty count, they could finish with 7. Us as well.

Next tiebreaker would be common games (at least 4). I don't know how that would work out.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And curse the Giants, I knew them losing to Pitt and Cincy would hurt us. I was agravated when they lost, and now im more agravated knowing how much simpler things coulda been if they had gotten the job done.

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I just did an ESPN Scenario. We would get in over Cinci at 9-7 if Pitt finishes 8-8. Cinci needs to lose to Baltimore though though. If they lose to Philly and beat Pittsburgh and Baltimore, they will get in at 9-7 over us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.