I'm Not Celebrating the Sanchez Benching

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dr.velociraptor, Dec 3, 2012.

1. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Sanchez had games worse than yesterday, more deserving to be benched, even if out of mercy. Yet he wasn't. Consider NE-2, for example.

Sanchez is so horribly bad, why not sub him? No matter how bad TT is he couldn't be worse than Mark fumbling to Moore's ass.
    If TT is so bad he is not worth putting in instead of horrific Sanchez after ass-tackle, why was he kept as QB2 if there is no pressure from WJ?

Look, I understand & agree with you regarding selling tickets point. But by mid-season whatever money from Tebow to be made were already in, there is no more to be had. And by aroung the same time Mark's degradation was already painfully obvious. So if you're the HC, you know Sanchez has to be benched, in favor of anyone. And this raises the questions above.

I suppose I find it extremely suspicious that Mark was pulled in the only game where Tebow could not get in.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I disagree with a lot of your posts, but this one is spot on. :beer:

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

don't be surprised if Sanchez starts for us in Jax. it's a game he should win to get some of his confidence back. Rex wouldn't have pulled Sanchez is Tebow was active.

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

why would anyone want sanchez to play vs jax. if he does well it just gives us the illusions it isnt his fault and keep his as a starter.

it is abundantly clear he is terrible and we can not win with him

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Donovan McNabb, Troy Aikman, John Elway have all been benched before, honestly I would start him to see if he responds. If he dosen't, that is the final nail in the coffin.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am not sure about other games being much worse than yesterday. I know the SF game was awful. Even the first NE game he ended it with that fumble and that was that. But I do think the stage for yesterday was in fact set in the second NE game.

I am no Sanchez defender, but it is true that some of his best games with the Jets came against NE. Meanwhile, what happened the last time Tebow started a game against NE? I certainly know the answer, even if Tebots have done all they can to forget/discount that game. Talk about ugly. So even with other games that were awful by Sanchez before the second NE game, I can certainly see the CS saying Sanchez was the better shot to win that game than Tebow.

But yesterday? Can't remember any MS games where he started out throwing a pick. That was just awful. And then he threw another one, in the red zone I think. The third one was a great play by the db, but then there was one or two that should have been int's that were dropped. Meanwhile the O can't get anything moving, and was scoreless when Sanchez was sent to the bench.

I don't think there's anything mysterious about why Sanchez was benched yesterday. Suspicious about the connection that Tebow was not dressed when it happened? Really?

The Jets do not want Tebow as their starting Qb. That's why it went down like it did. No mystery whatsoever.

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Why would Mark get his confidence back against the Jags? If Sanchez played the whole game, I'd expect the Jags to have a very good chance of beating the Jets.

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The difference is that Sanchez has never in his career short of a few games shown that he can be anything more than an average/below average QB. Why shouldn't McElroy get another shot since he led the team to a victory. If he sucks, you can put Sanchez back in.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Andy Reid announced that he is benching Vick for the rest of the season and Foles is starting.

So why cant we do the same?

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It's a situation that is comparable but not identical. Vick is injured, on one hand, but is also a better Qb than Sanchez overall.

But... there are certainly similarities. Vick was not getting it done, and had not earned the right to retain teh starting job. Yeah, in that respect, it is a very similar situation. Good for Andy.

11. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

He is a professional?! No way!

A professional would not have to be coddled like this. A professional would elevate his performance against competition, not fold. And a professional would also welcome said competition (at least in this sense) not need tomb protected from it.

From day one it has been said that we have to be careful of making sure he is number
    one and everyone knows it so as to build his confidence. What sort of half-assed professional, and half-assed organization, do you see doing that except Mark Sanchez and the Jets? If you were told the President was too brittle of psyche to be criticized so just leave off him, and while your at it, maybe blow a little smoke up his ass to make him feel good about himself, would you want him at the helm of the nation? Would you think that was professional?

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Here's what the Jets have done for Sanchez after his fantastic 2011 Playoff Run:

(1) Got rid of 3 of his top 4 WR's.

(2) Replaced his comfortable OC with an OL coach with no playcalling experience as an OC.

(3) Removed his top RB's.

(4) Given him a bunch of #3, #4, and #5 WR's.

(5) Gotten Tim Tebow for PR purposes.

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Andy Reid also knows he's getting fired at seasons end. He has nothing to lose at this point. Rex on the other hand has his future still in the air and may not want to stick with one or the other for the rest of the year.

14. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

With the way Sanchez has played since the middle of last season I don't believe there is a game left that the Jets 'should' win if he's the QB...

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Tebow first half, McElroy second half. Or vice versa. I don't give a shit. Find a qb for this team. We know what Mark brings to the table.

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

If Rex starts Mark, he seals the deal. Adios coach 'em up.

17. Lo_gan_7

Lo_gan_7 Member

Put in McElroy and see what the guy can do with a full week behind him. You're out of the playoffs (realistically), so it's time to find out what gamers are on the roster.

18. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

How the hell would Tebow make this team better?

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I am still celebrating, as is every rational Jet fan!!!!!!

20. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

According to Skip Bayless, he is a force of competitive nature, and is clutch unlike Sanchez. Seriously, does anybody even remotely remember 2010? His obsession to Tebow is sickening, though it does give him ratings.