I'm Not Celebrating the Sanchez Benching

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dr.velociraptor, Dec 3, 2012.

1. keepin klecko

keepin klecko Member

He certainly looked right at home with the clipboard yesterday!!!

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

nothing to celebrate? how about celebrating the fact that the team is getting past their pride and admitting that QB is a problem so we can move forward instead of another year or two of sanchez.

we are stuck in this situation, but at least we can use the next 2 years to rebuild instead of wasting money trying to put yet another cast around sanchez and pretending he isnt the problem

3. jerseyjay14

we still have 4 games left. we dont have to declare our 2013+ quaterback tommorow. we have 1/4 of a season to see what Tebow and McElroy can or cant do. then we go from there.

we no longer have to guess whether or no sanchez will turn it around and be handcuffed by him(hopefully)

4. jerseyjay14

:breakdance::rofl::rofl::rofl:

better odds he never plays another snap in the NFL then there is he is good elsewhere or even wins a superbowl.

if we cut sanchez, who is going to want to take him on?

if your current qb is awful, why would you want to replace him with a guy is currently the worst starting QB in the NFL and who has turned it over more then anyone in the NFL the past 2 seasons????

5. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

The guy was in the game to win it by not making mistakes. AND HE DID! You talk about stats. You are a SANCHEZ fan and want to talk stats! Please get real! McElroy has only limited time with the receivers as he gets very few snaps during practice. So the guy comes in cold and completes a few passes and wins the game and yet you talk negatively! I suppose you are a SUCKCHEX fan and not a Jets fan! Too bad! We won the game and could be at .500 next week. Rather then being happy you go through the backdoor and dump on McElroy! TYPICAL Suckchez fan. JETS WoN with McElroy after Sucky failed to move the team! Yet all you can do is cite stats against McElroy.

And for what its worth if SUCKY had to play behind a OL as bad as the one CLEMENS had to play behind, he'd be even more laughable. Kellen had no healthy receivers and no run game and so you use that against him while you make excuses for Sucky!

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

As clear as this sort of thing ever is, the answer is hell no.

7. jerseyjay14

seriously, you want to talk about stats... how about this stat:

Sanchez career turnovers: 81

81! 81 friggin turnovers in just 59 games!

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im not going to read the entire thread... but to the op...

we were rutterless with sancheese in there. how could it possibly be worse?

9. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

If Sanchez finishes that game:
    - Jets are shutout.
    - Cardinals make it to double digits with more Sanchez turnovers.

Even if the Cards can't move the ball, it's very realistic they start more drives in FG range from Sanchez interception/fumbles.

#49 ajax, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  10. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

Only thing that matters:

For this season, who gives you the best chance to win.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Can we stop the friggin racism already. I can't believe people are still calling him nacho and other derogatory crap about Mexico. Cut that shit out. Jets fanbase = worst fans ever.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

true. Nachos are good.

13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

This is the thing I find very interesting.
    It was painfully obvious for quite a while that Sanchez was done. My personal last straw was that INT in the red zone he threw in Seattle, but he was questionable for a while now. I don't want to argue what started it & whose fault it is. It could be bad OL, sub-par WRs, just lack of talent ... whatever, it doesn't matter. The point is Mark's play was garbage for a long time & if I could see it through TV, Jets could see it a mile away.

So let's take for granted that Rex & Co knew for a while now that Sanchez has to be benched. Yet the benching occured only yesterday. Is that just a coincidence that Mark is out when Tebow cannot be in to replace him? I don't think so. IMO Ryan didn't bench Sanchez earlier specifically because Tebow was the backup. He wanted to keep TT out of the field at any cost, even if it means getting embarrassed by SF, MIA and NE.

Now there is a head scratcher... Rex would rather have egg on his face (and BB's shit on his head) than start Tebow? Now consider Woody's fascination with Tebow. TT is his signing, he is his boy. And here we have HC keeping this golden boy chained to the bench at all costs. I mean there is argument to be made that not benching Sanchez earlier cost Jets playoff spot & consiquently might cost Rex his job. So what is it: Rex would rather loose his job than bend to Woody & start TT??

I can see 3 ways to explain this.
    1. Tebow is so bad that Sanchez is a diamond by comparisson.
    2. Ryan just hates Tebow, for whatever reason.
    3. There are strong tensions between Woody & Ryan with keeping TT on the bench being Rex's way of giving Woody the finger, but short of open mutiny of benching Sanchez in favor of 3rd QB instead of 2nd.

#53 RuJFan, Dec 3, 2012
  14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

^^Yea Rex does seem to hate Tebow i don't get it, Skip Bayless was ranting about how we would be fighting for the divison crown if Tebow was the starter by week 5 , He might be right to

15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You're being insensitive! Calm down!!!

Let people celebrate Mark's Mexican-American background, for Quesadilla's sake!

16. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I'm Latino, and that is fucking funny as hell. You win the internets today.

17. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

That's an interesting analysis, and there is some meat there I think. Actually, I could respect Ryan more if I knew that this were true. Everyone excpet our douchey owner knew Tebow was a disaster, and he did it anyway. If Rex is trying to stick it to him this way, it shows me at least he has some leadership qualities, appearances to the contrary not withstanding.

18. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

and eli manning has had more turn overs than sanchez since 2009...just goes to show you that turnover stat sometime could be overrated

19. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I never once brought up any stats to defend Sanchez. I CLEARLY said he was under 50% with 70 yards and 3 INTs before the half and had to sit down, no choice at all by that point he's just done. I mean if you want to just rant a post go ahead but at least respond to the context of my post instead of an argument I never once made.

#59 dr.velociraptor, Dec 3, 2012
  20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The other possibility is the conspiratorial angle. Even Joe Klecko said he's bought into this at this point.

That angle is that Woody got Tebow merely to sell tickets this past off summer. Now no one is saying if, somehow, Tebow had come to the Jets and literally took the job away from Sanchez through superior play, that they would not have given it to him, anyway. But that didn't happen, by all reports.

So if Tebow was merely brought here to sell tickets, then Ryan in fact was under no pressure to play him more than he did, from Woody or Tanny.

I am no Woody fan by any stretch. But would he literally say put Tebow in if all his coaches were saying Tebow will not be an improvement, and actually will hurt the team more than help it?

I really see no indication of some huge distance between Woody and Ryan here, no sense that Ryan is taunting WOody by not playing Tebow. Yeah sure Woody was the one who brought Tebow here. But that was to sell tickets, not have him be the starting Qb.