If you were Rex Ryan who do you do start as QB next game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jet Rider, Nov 23, 2012.

?

If you were Rex Ryan who do you do start as QB next game?

1. Mark Sanchez

72 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Tim Tebow

55 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Greg McElroy

98 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Looking at our remaining opponents, you know he's going to suddenly bounce back and everyone is going to be like 'HE DOESN'T SUCK'. Just what Rex needs to keep him around.'

2. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

Rex won't bench Sanchez because its a lose lose situation with him personally. If tebow or gmac do well and out performs Sanchez it makes rex look foolish. He will be questioned why he didn't make the switch earlier and that his blind loyality to Sanchez is a detriment to the team.

If tebow or gmac perform poorly, he feels he'll lose Sanchez completely due to his fragile nature and next year will have even more turmoil.

Now all he has to do is keep saying that Sanchez gives us the best chance of winning. Since he refuses to make a qb switch, it's difficult to show proof that he's wrong. It's more of a self-preservation move than anything.

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I expect Sanchez and the Jets to play as well as possible and win games the rest of the season.

His OL was making it very difficult to play well, I would be looking to replace brandon moore much more than i would be looking to replace Sanchez. moore can't block and the offense can't function w/a starting OG that can't consistently block.

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Didn't happen stop living in fantasy land.

bump

////////

5. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

We need to know what we have in McElroy before we use another draft pick.

Go to Sanchez and tell him he will not start the next game, he can say he is hurt or has a concusion to save face, reguardless the bench will be his place until further notice.

6. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

Those backup QB's...always so popular.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Greg McElroy? we truly have the most idiotic fanbase in sports. The same folks who were calling for the great Kellen Clemens a few years back.

8. NFLTime

NFLTime New Member

The only thing idiotic is continuing to believe mark Sanchez is a good player

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Are you serious? You don't think the Jets management, players and fans with any knowledge of football know what we have in McElroy? If they don't know why would you have any confidence they could find out by playing him?

Guess what the Pats knew what they had in Brady before they were forced to throw him in.

10. nyjunc

They weren't forced to throw Brady in, he was going to be starting w/ or w/o the Mo Lewis hit. It may have come 3-4 weeks later and put the dynasty on hold but they knew Brady could play and be better than Bledsoe.

11. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

100% not true. That's what pats fans say now in order to counter the belichick got lucky with Bledsoe being injured talk. It's standard pats revisionist history to make bb look better.

I was living in Boston at the time and Brady actually entered the season as the 3rd string qb behind Damon huard. He became the backup after the preseason but there was no way in hell bb was benching Bledsoe, a pro bowler who got to the Super Bowl a few years prior, with a 6th round pick. No chance. In fact, bb was torn with who to go with once Bledsoe was ready in the playoffs even after Brady lead them there. He eventually decided on Brady but there was no way he was benching Bledsoe barring an injury.

12. Ted

Ted Member

No, they didn't know. No one knew this would happen because if there was the slightest inclination, he would have been drafted a lot higher. He did nothing special at Michigan to indicate this would be his destiny.

13. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

Like I said. It's not true. It's something pats fans made up years later to protect bb. When someone brings up the Lewis hit and how lucky they were, they go into quick defense mechanism and say oh well bb was gonna bench Bledsoe anyway.

I was in Boston seeing them do it. There was a contingency of pats fans saying Michael bishop was gonna replace Bledsoe too. Just not true

14. nyjunc

No one knew he'd become the greatest QB of his generation but NE knew he could play and there were already rumblings about him taking over for Bledsoe going into that game.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am suspicious that the reason that McElroy is not being played has nothing to do with his talent or lack thereof. I know that is a big statement, but it fits with the way this organization is being "run". In fact I should probably put organization in quotes at this point.

The point is that Ryan and Tanny were all in on an O that in effect did not even require a real backup Qb, instead using Tebow as a supplement to an O that is firmly rooted in having Sanchez be the starting Qb. That is why Stanton left after the Tebow trade. That is why they gave at best a mediocre Qb who shat the bed down the stretch last year a big contract extension at a ridiculous number. That is why they gave the O to Sparano, after initially trying to get Todd Haley to run the passing attack, because Sparano supposedly knew how to "run" the wildcat/option/whatever you want to call it.

Given that theory, and how they geared up the team, replacing Sanchez is not merely about Sanchez. There is no basis for putting Tebow in as the starter, and they know if they do that he will fail. It was never the intent to have Tebow be a real backup. And they have seen enough of him to know that the whole concept of starting him goes nowhere. He will be gone this off season no matter what they do with Sanchez.

So, the Tebow trade already has been shown to be ridiculous. Can they really afford to compound how the organization already looks like a laughing stock, and put their third string Qb in there? McElroy, who was a seventh round pick, is the better option than the guy they picked with the fifth pick in the draft?

In short, I don't think they are not playing McElroy because they know he sucks. These guys don't seem to know much of anything, among other things.

16. Ted

Ted Member

No no no. Swampdonkey reminded me that the decision as to who the playoff QB was up in the air. I had completely forgotten about that and he is right. BB was unsure about which way to go and decided to ride the hot hand. But for him to even consider who is a clear indicator that you are incorrect. In fact it is ridiculous to think that they knew Brady would play better then Bledsoe.

17. Ted

Ted Member

If they are going to deactivate McElroy in favor of a guy with two broken ribs that can't throw as the backup then that is a pretty clear indicator of how bad McElroy is.

18. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I think it's a bit telling that they left McElroy inactive when the #1 is playing like garbage and the #2 has broken ribs.....

19. feldspar

feldspar Member

LOL, what "rumblings?" Can you offer a single shred of proof about that?

They had just signed Drew Bledsoe to a $103 million contract that offseason, which was the richest deal in NFL history at the time.

Now you are trying to tell me that they were thinking aobut starting Tom Brady, a sixth round pick with zero real NFL experience, after Bledsoe started ONE SINGLE game under his new record setting contract?

20. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

The rumblings that year before Brady came in was whether bb was getting fired. After coming off a poor season and losing to the bungles the next season, many Bostonians wanted bb fired. There were many things wrong with the pats the start of that year but qb was considered down on the list. Bb knew he was on the hot seat and there was no way he was gonna purposefully bench a former pro bowl, Super Bowl playing qb and trust his future in a 6th round pick. Wasn't happening.