If you were Rex Ryan who do you do start as QB next game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jet Rider, Nov 23, 2012.

?

If you were Rex Ryan who do you do start as QB next game?

1. Mark Sanchez

72 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Tim Tebow

55 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Greg McElroy

98 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Love that avatar!!!

2. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Sanchez completed 72% of his passes...he threw an int and that fumble was a fluke. He didn't call the shitty 4th and 1 plays, he didn't block, he didn't fumble passes and kickoffs, he didn't fail to cover a screen pass or get torched on a bomb.

People focus too much on Sanchez when the team is a shit show in so many areas. Sanchez give the offense the best opportunity. Plain and simple.

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

He threw perfectly when the game was beyond reach. Why don't people understand this?

4. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

The funny thing is that Sanchez operates better in a hurry up type of offense, but these assholes can't seem to see this. These fuckers have the force the square block in the round hole syndrome. By the way No other QB could win with offense as it's presently constructed (fuck you Chaz Shitliz) and the woefensive line is ridiculous. Did you see how high Wilfolk had Moore up in the air, Sanchez almost hit him in the back of the knee, but in typical Jet fashion we went from the punch line to the Butt of jokes. Yeah I had to do that

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I would start Matt Sims at this point

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I say start Sanchez and he has to compete for his job with McElroy next year.

7. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

It's tshirt timeeeeee
    no!
    It's tebow timeeeeee

8. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I'd start McElroy. Sanchez is struggling and Tebow is injured so the best thing to do is start McElroy and see how he does. After all, what do they have to lose, the season is done

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Might as well start Tebow at this point, I mean he could give the guys momentum ,I know a 5 game winning streak is undoable with this team but not immpossible with Tebow out there, We haven't even won back to back games once this year

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I can't lie I'm curious to see what McElroy can do out there. If they are to bench Sanchez I'd prefer to see McElroy in there before Tebow. I just can't see how a team could consistently pass the football in a pass-happy league with a guy like Tebow and I am not willing to go thru growing pains/learning curve with TT.

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

People always say about Tebow "All he does is win" - yet it was never done with any illusion that he could pass.

Well you could say the same about Greg McElroy - Undefeated Texas state Champion in HS (with gaudy passing stats).
    24-3 in college playing for one of the best programs against the best competition and a National Championship (with 65% completion, 39 TDs to 10 ints).

Would you take Chad Pennington over Mark Sanchez? He was a smart QB who could not make all the throws. I am not saying McElroy could definitely be Chad P. - but there is really only one way to find out. I am fully confident he gives us the best chance to win because #1 he will not turn it over like Sanchez and #2 He can actually throw the ball unlike Tebow.

Is it good enough in todays NFL probably not but it is quite apparent that Sanchez is not an NFL caliber QB - so you have to give it a shot.

13. Bannon

Bannon New Member

If you're doing college careers, Tebow's success was not without "any illusion he could pass." His passing statistics were better than those of McElroy's you cite. Tebow is a very efficient passer. He's just having to develop the mechanics for the NFL game.

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

OK Tebot - even when he was having success at Florida, there were always questions about him as a passer - mechanics and all. A lot of his college success as a passer are a by product of his running threat.

If you compare just the Jr. and Sr. years (Mc only started 2 years) of both you will find almost identical stats - except for the TDs. The difference is McElroy doing so in a system that transfers to the pro game.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I don't think you watched him in the playoffs against the Pats last year either.

That said, please keep posting and don't change your avatar.

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The only way Rex would notice something like this would be to post it in a swingers or foot fetish site.

17. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez. Tebow isn't going to make this team any better. As far as McElroy goes he seems like he is the type of player who everyone loves to talk about "getting a chance" until he actually goes in there and plays terribly. The guy was a 7th round pick. There is a better chance of him being out of the league in 5 years then there is of him still being in it.

That's not to say he couldn't be a sleeper but the odds of it happening are not good. Could he be a decent backup QB in the NFL? It's possible but i'd only want to see him play if the Jets think he has a realistic opportunity of being the starting QB instead of Mark Sanchez next year. If he doesn't then who cares? If it's Sanchez or someone not on the current roster next year i'd rather see Sanchez continue to get the work.

#57 kevmvp, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  18. mr.bojangles

mr.bojangles New Member

I'll agree that Tebow had a bad game against the pats in last years playoffs. However, the prior playoff game against the Steelers, he burned their starting cornerback, Ike Taylor (who is still their starting cornerback this year), for over 300 yards passing. He threw for over 200 yards to Demarius Thomas, when the Steelers hadn't allowed a 100 yard receiver all year. The Steelers dared him to beat them with his arm, and he did! Denver's offensive line was useless in the pats game, and Tebow had zero time to throw the ball.
    It's very easy to jump on the "Tebow can't throw" bandwagon. The talking heads on espn spew this garbage with regularity. His poor completion percentage was helped considerably by his "receivers" dropping numerous pases.
    Coaches around the NFL are always saying that they need to run the ball. Tebow has shown that he can establish a good running game. Opposing teams have to respect that Tebow can run the ball with authority, and by having to key on him, it frees up the other running backs to gain positive yardage.
    It's obvious that Rex Ryan is afraid to start Tebow, or, to give him significant playing time at this point in the season. If Tebow succeeds, then Ryan has to explain why he's been riding the pine while Sanchez has been struggling. There is no answer for that, other than bad coaching.
    I'll probably be ridiculed for speaking up for Tebow, but that's okay. It's just the way that I see it.

19. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Depends on if Rex is trying to get fired at this point or not. If he is, the choice is clearly the worst starting qb in NFL history. If he wants to be an NFL coach past week 17, than anyone but Sanchez.

20. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Tebow is erratic like Sanchez, but when he screws up it is usally just a bad incompletion.