If the Jets stay at #4 and #29, who do you take?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Mar 21, 2006.

1. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually come forward and said that the Jets will switch to the 3-4? I personally don't think they will.

I say sign/trade for a capable young center (from the Browns?) and draft Mario Williams at #4 and Maroney at #29. Jets need a playmaker like Maroney.

2. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

I'd love to Have AJ Hawk on the team, but I think we stay at #4 and pick up Cutler. I've heard (through 12th hand sources) that the Jets are higher on Cutler than Leinart anyway.

With #29 I'd like to go Maroney & at #35 we can take Mangold

Cutler & Maroney. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

3. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

4 = mario williams.
    29 = mangold.

4. Arizona Jet Fan

Arizona Jet Fan New Member

I really think or hope that the trading up for Leinart is a smokescreen. I just don't see Tangini trading two first round picks for a QB.......they are so conservative and smart.......

We have so many holes to fill....if we wait this out and the smokescreen is properly executed....our number 4 pick could be worth a ton on draft day......

If Chad doesn't work out this year we still have Ramsay and Brooks......next year we trade the farm for a franchise QB......

Williams
    Mangold

5. GreenMachine

Super Mario and Mangold would be or best bet....I love your post...

6. Pride

Pride New Member

This maybe the most boring selections but ferguson and mangold anchor the line and bring a mean nasty streak that teams are gonna hate when they come to play the jets. You build it from the trenches then you worry about the skil positions like rb wr and te. Ferguson is acknowledged by many to be as sure as a lock to be a pro bowl LT for years to come. plus nick mangold is called the best center prospect the last 5 years and he reminds of a young kevin mawae.

7. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

My thoughts exactly. Not the sexy picks but the necessary ones.

8. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I think some of the hype on Mangold over the past week or so has gotten a little excessive, but I would have no problems at all if that is how the F.O. wanted to go with the picks.

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

we can speculate all we want but we should look at the patriots drafting history to get a feel for what will happen next month....

when the pats drafted high in round 1 they took defense - seymour, warren, etc. they took TE's lower in round 1. i am not sure about the o-line. i think they took a lineman in round 1 but it wasn't high....

we only have seymour to compare it to but i think the strategy will be similar. unless they are bowled over by an offer by another team - they may go D at #4. now of course they will put out the feeling of love for all the QB's. they have to. come draft day we know the phone will be ringing from those teams that need a young QB - vikes, raiders, lions, etc and the jets will be in a great position to stock picks.....

look - every year there is a stud QB on the board and the jets should feel confident that they can get there man EITHER this year or next year.

if i am GM - i send out the smoke and mirrors and all that... sit at 4 until 60 minutes before i am on the clock and then start the frenzy of fielding offers from teams for #4. IN NO WAY DO I PART WITH #29.

i do NOT pull the trigger until i am on the clock - if leinart gets past ten i take him at 4 if he doesn't i seriously think about trading out with the intent of selecting somewhere around 6-12 and gathering another 2nd rounder.

if they cannot strike a deal then you either select williams, cutler or ferguson at 4. - i like cutler alot but at #4 - its a bit much and i would rather get him at 6-7. williams is the real deal and the ? is how does he fit the system - or will mangini mold the system to him? #4 is too high for a OL period. i can find a lower priced player lower in the draft on day one that can perform adequately enough for my team AND QB to succeed.

let the speculations begin.
    jil

10. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

4- Jay Cutler
    29- Nick Mangold

11. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Can you please pass over what you're smoking?

12. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

If we stay at 4 and 29 id love that...

13. Bomber

Bomber New Member

Great first post....keep up the good posting. :up:

14. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I'd say D'Brick Ferguson at #4 or A.J Hawk. I'd like Mangold at 29 but don't think he'd be there and I'd like Gabe Watson to be our NT with our 2nd rounder but I don't think he'll be there either. So in conclusion, draft Matt Leinart!!!!

15. MawaesDaMan

MawaesDaMan New Member

In these orders per slot.

#4 Mario Williams, AJ Hawk, Haloti Ngati*, D'Brick*
    #29 Mangold, Maroney or Bobby Carpenter (assuming no Hawk at 4)
    #35 OL (unless Mangold at 29) or Joseph Addai (assuming no Maroney at 29)

*Really tough to judge since we or at least I dont know what the FO really thinks of Adrien Jones, Katnick, Houston, DRob or anyone really, but I would be very happy with any of these guys.

16. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

4 - Vince Young
    29 - Nick Mangold
    35 - Maurice Stoval

17. DrShrinker

DrShrinker New Member

OT D'Brick with the first pick at #4, DE D.Tapp with the second at #29.

18. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

I'd love to take Mario Williams at 4, and trade the 29th for a 2nd rounders. Then pick OL and a RB in the 2nd

19. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Ya having nick mangold would be nice but it may be a waste of a pick. we need a starting C not a back up. Katnik is going to be the starter in 06 and years to come and missant will be his back up in case he ever gets hurt. think taking mangold would be a waste of are 29 pick.

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Cutler and Max Giles.