If Mariota is sitting at the Jets pick...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CJLang, Feb 12, 2015.

?

If Mariota is sitting there at the Jets pick you'd....

1. Pick him in a heart beat

2. Swap with Philly for their 1st (#20) another pick in top 4 rounds and Foles

3. Swap with any team with a top 20 pick, a 3rd or 4th rounder, and their next year 1st rounder

4. Would swap, but it would take more than the offers in the poll

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Probably because she just has something to say and I am such a mindless drone that I will post any old thing that mentions his name as long as I agree with it

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

A mindless drone wouldn't have a position to agree with; they would just post mindlessly. So don't be so hard on yourself.

3. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

No, you're wrong, we mindless drones actually have a purpose, we are told what to think early on and then spend days and weeks doing nothing but carrying on that mission without actually understanding that there is another reality outside of what we were told and what we exist for.

There could be a swarm of wasps killing half of our hive and we would still be telling everyone in the hive that this new bee makes great honey when he is exposed to a flower that is located on the other side of the planet

4. legler82

[​IMG]

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Once Todd Bowles and the Jets decided to visit Mariota in Oregon, I felt things got pretty serious. I don't think the Jets sell the farm for him though. They would be smart not to.

6. legler82

I was a little late getting there. That alone didn't make me think the Jets were interested. But that combined with Bowles later in a conference call saying the team was interested in adding another QB for competition confirmed it for me that if he was there at 6 they would pick him. Greeny's comment makes me think they would be willing to trade up at the right price.

7. 101GangGreen101

A Sanchez like trade would be the end of the line if I were the GM. Dangle Snacks in a trade along with 6 and 2016 3rd rounder and see if they bite. Otherwise, it will be at least a 1st, and a 2nd this year. Hard for me to give up that 2nd round pick, cause the Jets need offensive line help badly.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I can't see the Jets getting him unless they trade all the way up to 2 and with what it cost Washington to go from 6 to 2 I don't see it happening. Not to mention if you believe the hype there are a hell of a lot more teams interested in Mariotta than there were in RGIII. Actually I think the Titans end up taking him themselves.

9. 101GangGreen101

I would gladly take Mettenberger off their hands. Dude has a cannon.

James Hasty and jetfan59 like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How could you trade Snacks? That would leave a huge hole at NT.

11. NCJetsfan

The fact that they have Hundley rated higher than Teddy Bridgewater casts their prediction scheme into great doubt.

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Throws lasers.

So glad we took Jeremiah George.

Like giving the Jags an extra draft pick.

_

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yeah, a bit ridiculous.

_

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

His delivery and legs (especially) are both slower than muddy pond water on a cold November day.

HEs a backup at best

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Unless he becomes a better QB than Bridgewater.

I don't know if they will be right about hundley but I like their analysis accounting for the defenses they played against/guys they played with... And since I could not agree more strongly on their analysis regarding Petty I already like it a lot

16. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Hundley's tape never impressed me, but, if those are the odds, I'd take a flyer on him. Why not?

17. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

This thread is pointless because there's not even a chance he falls to 6.

If the bucs don't select him, then the titans might. Even if the titans don't, there's about 4-5 teams entertaining trading up for him with the titans.

If nothing happens at #2 (which is incredibly unlikely), the teams will start talking to the #4 pick with the raiders. This might be in fear that the redskins will choose him. If no teams trades at number 4, then the redskins might take Mariota. If they don't take mariota, there's still 2-3 teams that will want to trade with the redskins in fear that the Jets will take him at number 6.

So basically, a million things have to be avoided for him to trickle down to number 6. It ain't happening, and if the Jets truly want him...they will trade up to number 2 before he can even fall to them.

18. legler82

It's less of a scheme but more of a formula. As with anything there's always outliers.

19. NCJetsfan

That may be the case, but it's hard for me to have much faith in any formula that would have Hundley rated above Bridgewater.

20. 101GangGreen101

Not if you go to the 4-3 defense, or find a replacement. Jets found Kendrick Ellis in the 3rd round a few years back. Snacks is only good at stopping the run, he is also good at eating space, but so are many other NTs. I don't think under any circumstances I would make a trade up, but then again I'm not the GM.

I don't see Snacks being here for the long-term anyway.