If Mariota is sitting at the Jets pick...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CJLang, Feb 12, 2015.

?

If Mariota is sitting there at the Jets pick you'd....

1. Pick him in a heart beat

2. Swap with Philly for their 1st (#20) another pick in top 4 rounds and Foles

3. Swap with any team with a top 20 pick, a 3rd or 4th rounder, and their next year 1st rounder

4. Would swap, but it would take more than the offers in the poll

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Only a crazy person would do that deal.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  2. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Hell no...

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I don't think the Browns are necessarily interested.

There's an assumption they are because they are hiring O'Connell (who is working with Mariota) to be the QB coach. But it is more likely they want him because he worked with Manziel last year.

4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Damn bruh... why you just kill our dreams with that good ass observation?

If Mariota has a sexy combine and pro-day... but TB still wants winston.. How would trading up to 3 from JAX and throwing in a 3rd round pick to go with it? I'm sure whoever they wanted at 3 will be there at 6 (either Ray or Gregory), so the asking price couldn't be much steeper than that..could it?

5. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lmaoo..the fact that they would be drafting Mariota should answer your question.

cgrec likes this.
  6. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

If the Browns really want him they're going to have to give up an insane trade package similar to the RG3 deal.
    I'd make the trade if they gave up the 12th , 19th, a 3rd round pick and 2016 1st and 2nd. Very steep but that's the franchise QB rate. If they do have to make a deal like that to move up it'll probably be the 2 or 3 spot.
    If that trade offer isn't on the table and he's miraculously on the board I'd Dougie the draft card up to Goodell.

7. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Look at a draft chart - they would command significantly more than a 3rd round pick to go up 3 spots - the difference is the 30th pick over all as per last years draft value chart.

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That's my hope, that if Jax or Tenn want to trade down they are not going to want to go outside the top 6-7 picks so trading down to 12 or 20, while garnering a plethora of picks, will put them out of reach of the real difference makers they may be targeting.

That trade up by us wouldn't be like the RG3 trade or Philly trying to move all the way up--it will cost us but not as dearly.

_

9. JStokes

I think the draft chart is somewhat outdated.

I never saw the calculation but the trade up for Sanchez was virtually nothing.

_

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I don't think the Canadian Football League would trade a number 6 pick for RGIII.

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

It's either King's ransom, or you take Mariota. It has to be.

12. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

If he's sitting there at #6, we can basically take what we want from Philly! (an exaggeration of course, but if Chip Kelly wants his old Oregon QB as badly as everyone thinks...) .... I'm thinking we could swap 1st rounders with them, get their 2nd and 4th round picks this year, and their 1st and 3rd rounders next year, something along those blockbuster lines!!! :cool:

13. JStokes

Awesome, we'd be a rudderless ship for another 5 years at least.

_

14. Truth4U2

We'd have all the pieces in place except maybe QB (if Geno doesn't pan out), but we will be the smarter team waiting until there's a draft with a real franchise QB in it! (shhhhh don't tell Chip Kelly!)

15. JStokes

There is no better QB prospect than Mariota and Winston in the next 2 drafts by a wide margin and after that it's anyone's guess.

But good plan, let's get all the ancillary pieces in place and hope that somehow we luck out into a franchise QB in a few years.

Hope is not a strategy.

_

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Not the punitive Jet fan?

i.e. Junc?

joe likes this.
  17. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

You take Mariota, it's that simple.

18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Which wouldn't be that bad of a trade really. Probably take the 6th and then our 4th and maybe a 4th from 2015. I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

19. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

The possible TRADE with Philly is the BEST option, would would receive multiple picks and get a QB
    like Foles, MM is a total gamble, I would rather have a solid young QB like Foles and build around him...

20. Truth4U2

So you already know who the top QB prospects will be 2 years from now.....can I borrow your crystal ball? I'm sure 2 years ago nobody had even heard of Mariota or Winston, except maybe for professional scouts. And where have you heard that Mariota and Winston are such great prospects anyway? I keep reading that this is a weak QB draft and that neither of these guys would even have been first round picks last year. Supposedly Blake Bortles and Geno Smith were considered better prospects than either Mariota or Winston.....but please, if you can post a link where somebody talks about these guys as being such great prospects that we can't hope for another one like them in the next 2 drafts...

Jay Bizniss and Murrell2878 like this.