Ian O'Connor: "Weak Woody bamboozled by Rex"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jan 9, 2013.

1. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

So.....the media whines and complains that they arent available for comments, then bitch about what they say?? were they supposed to get a script? Who should we replace Rex with? who would even take this job now? Unreal, Fatcessa says they should fire rex then 5 mins later, talks about the few coaches so much that Andy Reid could have any job he wanted. Which is it fatty?

2. Ted

Ted Member

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Big deal, it didn't pan out. That doesn't mean he isn't the guy for the job or someone that can't get us on the right track.

It's probably a good thing the fired the GM (the guy responsible for the majority of what you just described), and are ready to make a change for the better.

The Head Coach of this team has already established that the offensive side of the ball has been a huge failure, he has stated that he has not produced in the capacity that you and others are looking for. Which I also agree with, but I also know that he is confident that he can establish a dominant team for us which he has already done in the past as the Head Coach. That is my basis for my opinion.

I feel that the good far out weighs the last two seasons, I feel that he has a lot to offer and just because things have fallen apart the past two seasons doesn't mean that it is irreversible and he can't be the coach that gets us to the big game.

My stand with the media is that they have greatly over exaggerated a lot of these stories just to make the Jets and Rex look bad with the main focal point of gaining headlines and they will in any fashion they can.

Some of the concerns are valid within the media but a lot of it is just BS. Perfect example is with the recent media delay, freaking out about the fact that Rex was directed to take some time off and away from the media, which we all know turned into a big ordeal about his tattoo and how that somehow effects his football decisions. Now the media is trying to paint a picture that Rex almost has more power than Woody now and that simply is not the case at all. That is just stupid and it shows how far the media is willing to twist their bullshit to make a headline.

Side note: I don't know why your posts keep sticking out more than others to me, maybe you have a more established opinion of your views than others, but I'm not trying to fight with you personally. Just to clarify.

4. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

Rex is fine for now. There is no other guy for the job. No new coach wants this mess, hes getting a chance to fix it. This is the same coach who went into Foxboroug, in the playoffs, and beat NE. He has made some personnel mistakes and he has had plenty of input, but the media is taking this way out of proportion. Doesnt Rex get 1 pick in the draft 3rd round or later? hasnt it been that way? Media says rex is to blame for everything, I think thats a bit ridiculous. Sparano was a mistake, Tebow, I believe Rex hated it, theres so much behind the scenes that no one knows. The tattoo was proof that our media is dumb, and goes out of their way to bash the NYJ. Be a fan, thick and thin, if you hate the latest BS surrounding the team, leave. The bottom line is Rex has had success, recently, he gets another shot, good, nothing more dangerous than a guy with his head to the chopping block.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

One thing we haven't discussed, who would you guys want as a new coach? who is the hot candidate? Doug Marrone?

6. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

there is no one, no one who can fix this thing now. This board dreams of Cower, Gruden, Saban, etc. They arent coming.

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Bruce Arians is the obvious hot candidate. He'd turn this offense around in no time.

8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

The guy that Rex severely outcoached this year?

9. JetsNation06

Umm what was the Colts final record this year? And what was the Colts final record last year(the year before Arians got there)? According to your logic Rex must be a better coach than Belichick because he outcoached him in the playoffs in NE two years ago. Arians is an offensive genius, Rex is just offensive on O.

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You are missing the point it does not matter who it is along it is not Herm I mean Mangini oh wait I mean Rex yeah Rex.

Then it will start Woody is such a clown for hiring or interviewing that guy. Then if they have initial success they will be great but the first sign of adversity blow the shit up.

I actually think some of these posters are Patriot fans or Giant fans. The happiest people to see Rex leave would be the Patriots, Dolphins , Bills.

The way the league is set-up you have a couple good years followed by a couple down years. The teams with great QBs have more up than down but there certainly is parity in the league.

Colts
    Seahawks
    Vikings
    Redskins

Where not in the playoff last season and only a few teams where out of contention early. No matter who the coach or GM that is how the NFL works. The Jets blew their wad in 2010 but nobody wants to talk about that they just want to talk about blowing things up.

Teams that change coaches often Top of my head:

1. Raiders
    2. Bills
    3. Redskins
    4. Lions
    5. Browns
    6. Cowboys
    7. KC
    8. Jets
    9. Miami

Teams that stick with coaches

1. Houston
    2. Pitt
    3. Colts (historically)
    4. Packers
    5. Patriots

So the teams that go through coaches suck that ones that don't win pretty clear to me.

11. kaboom

kaboom Member

So the Jets should fire Rex and replace him with Gailey or Mularkey because in the most recent games they both severely outcoached Rex?

12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Continuity?

As a Jet fan, WTF is that? lol

You are right though and I have been preaching that for months now. If you don't stick with your coach that shows promising qualities and traits of a great up and coming coach then you will never be successful.

If I am reading into everything so far correctly, I think Woody has realized that Rex is someone that can get us a championship and to ride it out with him and keep building that continuity through him will be key to getting us to where we want to be.

That excites me.

13. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

You can also add the Giants to the "Stick with coaches" list
    5 coaches since 1983. Jets have had 10 in the same time frame (Belicheat included).

14. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Certianly helps to have a once in a genration QB on your team. Let's have them switch QBs and see who the offensive genius is.

What has Arians done outside of one pretty good year that has you convinced he's better than Rex? OK, he led the 10th ranked offense this year. So you're ready to hand him the keys?

Obviously Bill has a much larger resume than Arians, not to mention Belichick has also outcoached Rex on several occasions. So don't give me the "by your logic" routine.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Really pathetic...

The most disturbing part of yesterday's Girl Scout Meeting was when Rex proclaimed:

"I'll tell ya... we're gonna be a dangerous football team. I mean... ya know... I'm not gonna tell ya wins and losses and all that stuff, but... ya know... you're not gonna wanna play the NY Jets."

A rerun of the same old "We're gonna kick their ass" and "We're goin' to the Superbowl."

But not one substantive word... not one indication of what's going to transpire or what he specifically intends to do to make that so. Just pathetic...

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

17. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

LOL. I thought about responding to his post but didn't want to waste my time.

18. JetsNation06

I'd hand Arians the keys in a heartbeat. "Better than Rex?" Have you seen the Jets offensive side of the football lately? It's one of, if not the, worst unit in the NFL. A lot of that has to do with Rex's inability to understand anything related to offense. You're setting the bar low if you're asking who's a better offensive coach than Rex. The answer is basically anyone.

19. So just completely shun the fact that he's arguably the best defensive coach in football?

Let's just keep chasing our tails. That's gotten us real far over the last 40 fucking years of misery

20. JetsNation06

No one said we couldn't bring Arians in as a high paid OC.