Ian O'Connor: "Weak Woody bamboozled by Rex"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Yes I recently complimented Rex for making me laugh.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If there was ever a time to get rid of Rex, its now..

This team needs a new GM - 3 new coordinators and at least a couple, if not more position coaches. Really the only stability is Rex.

This team isn't going to be much better next season anyway. Why keep him around for another 6-10 - 8-8 type season, then fire him and start all over again. Why not just start fresh across the board since they are 90% of the way there right now anyway.

It's not like Rex is Parcells or anything. He's an average NFL coach, not worth mortgaging your future with.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

it's a start

4. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

double post.

#204 Jon_Snow, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

What stability are U talking about when we are getting a new OC & DC? Make note the OC will be RR 3rd in 5 years do U call that stability? :sad:

6. BrowningNagle

That's what I'm saying Champ.

There hasn't been this stability that all the RR guys love to talk about. The Jets are starting fresh across the board, except Rex. He's only been here 4 years, 2 of which are losing seasons. Might as well axe him too, in the spirit of rebuilding.

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Because Woody is Rex's little manb*tch, that's why. Everyone outside of this board knows that when you start over, you get rid of everyone. Next year will be a joke.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the new DC has been on staff and it's Rex's D anyway so the only place there isn't continuity is on O and that's b/c the fans ran a good OC out of town after the '11 season.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Whatever else happens starting over would have likely been a complete disaster next season and maybe for several seasons.

The personnel on the good unit doesn't fit into most defenses. It fits into what Rex had in mind when he influenced the Jets to draft those guys.

10. JetsNation06

Next season yes. But beyond that who knows. I'd gladly sign up for a complete overhaul vs this chaotic nonsense going on now. I don't care who the new GM is, we already know that Rex has just as much, if not more say than whomever they select and I don't agree with that structure based on the last two years.

11. nyjunc

yeah right, if we had a complete overhaul and won 2-4 games next year you and the rest of the fanbase would be calling for a new regime already.

12. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Did you just call Brian Schottenheimer a good OC?

13. nyjunc

yes I did,

14. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Oh good, I was afraid somebody slipped me some shrooms or something.

15. JetsNation06

I honestly wouldn't. I'd rather take my lumps for a season at 4-12 knowing that we had a fresh perspective in terms of FO management, scouting, player personnel, playcalling, clock management and building for the future. Is it guaranteed to be better? No. Does it instill more hope than the way the current regime is running things? Yes.

16. We'll have a fresh perspective for all those things. Keeping Rex around does 3 things...

1. Gives the team a guy that we know can produce wins when the talent level is reasonable. Regardless of whether Rex is here or not, we know player personnel must improve. Why start the viscious cycle, rebuild the roster and then say "Wait...now what do we do at Head coach?".

2. Provides a rock for stability within the organization during all the rest of the turnover. Drastic turnover can be tough.It's nice to have somebody in place who is well respected who can sort of ease into the transition and provide a gateway from the old way to the new order.

3. Helps to give the jets an Identity.That's the Jets biggest issue.They never have an identity. W/ Rex in charge we know what we're gonna be. Tough aggressive defense & physical.

Now..all of this goes out the window if Rex is on a short leash. But if Rex is gonna be here for the long haul..I'm not sure why anyone would be opposed to this. All of the above notions are extremely important moving forward.

17. BrowningNagle

The fans don't make any decisions for the team. We didn't run Schottenheimer out of town... Rex let him go.

Rex hired Sparano, a joke. Not the fans.

There's no continuity on Offense because of Rex Ryan.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously?

19. nyjunc

The fans ran him out and they ran Tannenbaum out too, Woody listens to much to whiny fan reaction.

20. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

First the media was to blame for internal decisions now it's the fans who are to blame. LOL

A more acurate statement would be, the fans were unhappy with how poorly the offense had performed and wanted it addressed. What we didn't know at the time and only suspected was Rex was the real reason behind it. If the HC tells the OC he wants ground and pound conservative offense and then OC follows his instructions who is to blame?