I would not be mad (Revis Offseason Thread)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by J_P_5, Feb 13, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I actually believe Idzik pushed for this years draft 1st round pick but the Bucs wouldnt do it. Last years draft was overall not as top heavy as most years. Sheldon though may be the best player in the draft.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I wouldnt count on it but if he hits free agency which is actually likely to happen one of these offeseaons, the Jets of course could resign him. But who really knows where we will be in a year or two.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Oh I'm not counting on it. Like you said, when he does hit free agency, we may have already signed a cheaper option and Dee may have finally molded into a shut down corner.

Either way, having Revis back in a friendly deal would be unreal, but that's all a pipe dream with the way he goes about his business.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If Br4dw4y is right tho either

A) Revis plays out the rest of his contract on the Bucaneers or whatever team they trade him to

or

B)He gets cut

Realistically by the age of 30-31 he will be cut. The Bucs will either cut him or the team that trades for him would eventually cut him. Revis will be a free agent at some point.

5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Would love it too. But I doubt Woody wants him back unless he takes a reduced rate, like 8-9M a year. I also don't think Revis will want to come back.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He loved playing for Rex and he had his most dominant years under Rex. I don't think he'd mind coming back.

I think what he will mind is the pay cut which makes it highly unlikely he isn't coming back

7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

He always wants more, so no thanks to having Mevi$ come back. He should retire and call it his greatest hold out ever.

8. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

He just needs to be on their roster at the start of the new league year. If they are looking to deal him AFTER the start of the new league year we still get the 3rd rounder. They "may" be looking to recoup that first round pick, and save some cash.

I don't believe it will happen, but I don't see where the Jets would lose out on the 3rd round pick.

9. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

So happy he isn't on this team, he can continue to rot in hell. Keep playing for cellar dwellers and collecting a check one year at a time. Pretty soon, nobody will want you for more than 5M a year. Isn't this what happened to uncle Shawn?

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He isn't coming back unless he's paid more than any other team is willing to pay him. That's what he's concerned with. Not playing for Rex.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Actually, the most likely scenario is Revis will look at the $16M being offered by the Bucs and hold out for $20M.

12. thedrjay

thedrjay Active Member

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Now that is some hatred haha.

off topic, but I am moving to Rochester for work. I don't have many ties to the area. Where do you guys watch Jets games up there?

14. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

How hilarious would it be if the Jets cut Cro, got Revis back and added Sheldon Richardson to Revis for a reduced cap hit. Give Tampa our 3rd and their 4th for Revis.

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Just a week or so ago i read a bunch of crap (apparently) about how Lovie Smith has big plans for Revis! You can't believe anything you read these days. Everyone is so anxious to tweet, or blog, or to be read first, it's ridiculous. Then again, it could be true. Lovie has BIG plans. The plan to not have him on the team ; )

Guys, I don't see TB dealing him back to us. It would make them look worse than they already do for that deal. And one of the the reasons we have the cap space to afford him back is because he wasn't here last year.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

what other holes do they have? their only significant hole is QB, and there isn't any high priced free agent QB available that the money saved could be used to sign.

you can't blame the Bucs for taking calls because that is what every team does...take calls. they aren't shopping him, the simply have listened to the calls, which of course they would do.

#76 JetBlue, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i do not know if anybody noticed , but at the end of last friday's Tonite Show, Fallon went up the stairs into the audience. about 3 or 4 steps from the top, he stopped to shake hands with a guy and kiss his wife, who looked awfully familiar.
    sure enough, it was none other than woody johnson, and his blond wife.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Truly. no story here.

19. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

didn't the saints pull some kind of nonsense with vilma to avaoid giving the jets a certain level of draft pick?

20. Revis is dead to me. I typically don't get sucked into feeling one way or another about players beyond their on field contributions...but the guy is a greedy,snobby punk who continually puts himself & his $ above his team.

Literally calling out your team's owner on live air to pay you & then acting like your the victim.

No one deserved their ACL tear more than he did. Here's hoping for round 2.

TNJet likes this.