I would not be mad (Revis Offseason Thread)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by J_P_5, Feb 13, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im aware, im sure the owner told the GM whether or not he is allowed to move Revis. If he is restricting the GM from making moves, the Bucs are farther away from winning than ever. Dysfunctional organization if the owner is getting involved in decisions the GM should be making. Not that I care.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous. If the Bucs get rid of him over a third round pick then they are seen as unprofessional. Plus the caliber of player Revis is, he doesn't deserve to be going through this.

I doubt TB does this. And for us to get the third he has to be on the Bucs roster by the third calendar day of the season.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Unfortunately Soxx, when you're spending or not spending 16 Mill, it's the owner's call. Glazer isn't usually too meddling with his Gm's on running the organization, but on big ticket items all owners are involved.

Like I said, if the rumor is true, the Buc's are losing leverage in a trade and will never recoup what they gave the Jets.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I agree with you, the owner clearly is making the decision, but if he is, it is undermining the job of the general manager. Not my problem though, if I was a Bucs fan though I would be upset.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I honestly can't tell if you really believe what you are saying, or whether you are just trolling. You can't truly be this naive.

_

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

plus the Bucs don't have to pay him the 16M. it's not guaranteed, they can pay him what ever they want.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

What successful team has the owner making decisions over the GM? Seahawks? Ravens? Giants? Patriots?

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

lolololol

#48 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  9. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

This is all I wanted to know...third calendar day of the season is the difference between a 3rd and 4th for us. I doubt the Bucs are thinking of the difference between a third and fourth for where Revis stands with them; it has to be about the 16 mil.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Only if they're willing to cut him though. They can't change the terms of his contract unilaterally unless they decide to terminate the contract.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I really dont see how Revis will be able to play out the rest of this contract, he still has 5 years left and there are already rumblings of him getting cut. Its really only a matter of time before the Buccaneers front office/Owner realize that it just isnt worth it. Its kinda like a ticking time bomb, the chances of him being a Buccaneer for the rest of his career/contract are very small.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The most likely scenario is that he plays this year for the Bucs under the original contract and then is moved somehow before 2015. The second most likely scenario is the Bucs trade him this season to try to recoup some of the value they gave up in the trade before Revis hits 30.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

See the thing is, I dont even think Revis is going to be worth 16 million come the 2015 season. I dont even think he's worth 16 million right now but his level of play is going to start to drop off. Realistically right now might be the only chance to move him. He will be 29 years old this season, will he play up to that #1 level? Who knows? was he worth 16 million last season? No, will he be worth 16 million in a year from now? unlikely.

Once when hes no longer worth that money, NO TEAM is going to trade for him, and if you are correct, that they cant restructure his deal, then he is going to be cut halfway through his contract. If they want to move him, they have to do it now.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The more I look at this to, I am now more convinced than ever that Idzik stole a 1st round pick. What a great deal honestly, and who knows, perhaps after Revis is cut he comes back here.

15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

100%

Makes no sense to get rid of him to move up 32 picks...

16. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Looking back and now seeing that amount of talent in this draft, would taking the 1st rounder this year instead of last been worth it? Hindsight is obviously 20/20 but we all wanted immediate reciprocation for trading our best player.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly, and if they trade him, they'd still be on the hook for the $16 million cap hit wouldn't they? The new team would have to pay the contract, unless they negotiated a new deal, but I think Tampa Bay would still have to take a $16 million dead money cap hit.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

no cap hit since the money isn't guaranteed. they can cut him free and clear

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OK, thanks.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

God I would love for this guy back. Our defense would be fuckin dominant with him behind that powerhouse front seven.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The 1985er and Ozymandias like this.