I would not be mad (Revis Offseason Thread)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by J_P_5, Feb 13, 2014.

1. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

What's not accurate? Are we not trying to get to and win a Super Bowl? Or did we win one while he was here? Or did he win a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay? Revis isn't worth what he wants, and even if he was worth it, we can't sign him and fill our other holes. We need to not go down the Revis Road.

2. cbman13

Thank god ! From ‏@KristianRDyer 8m
    Not shocking, league source tells me "Jets won't be a player for Revis unless they strike out on other targets & likely not then." #nyjets[/quote]

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

All smoke right now.. I could see Rex in Idzik's ear right now telling him how we will be the number 1 defense with Revis in our secondary... That is too hard to ignore.

4. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd prefer to get Alterrun (spelling?) Verner at this point instead of Revis, mostly because of their respective ages. As great as Revis has been, he s now on the back-end of his career, and cornerback is a demanding position that requires speed and athleticism. You don't see dominant 30+ cornerbacks in the NFL, so at best, Revis has maybe a couple of more years in him of high level play. Verner is 25 on the other hand, and could be good for a while. Considering all the young talented pieces we currently have in our defense (Richardson, Wilkerson, Harrison, Coples, Demario Davis, and Milliner), I'd rather get a CB opposite Milliner who can be around for a while and build for the long-term.

5. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

If Revis is on the open market you guys are crazy to think we won't reach out to him. Rex Ryan is still our head coach and at the end of the day the only thing that matters is winning.

J_P_5 and Ralebird like this.
  6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

so i guess Mangold is a cancer... and Fergeson is a cancer... and mo wilkerson is a cancer. you know because we didnt win a superbowl with those guys?

JetBlue likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with "butt hurt". Grow up. Revis is the past. Get over your man crush on him. He's past his prime, is too expensive and is a headache the team doesn't need. He doesn't care about winning, only the $s. I could care less what you think "good fans" should do.

8. jerseyjay14

If Revis is a free agent, we should offer him 11-13M and see if he takes it. were gonna spend 8-9 million per anyway, id rather have the guy i know can play in this system and who i know can be dominant for the extra 2-4M.

So many good cornerbacks have changed teams and looked bad in their new home. a lot of uncertainty. look at the whole nnamdi thing. alot of it is about system.

Ralebird likes this.
  9. cbman13

They didn't threaten a holdout every time they could. They are professionals , Revis is all about himself, and doesn't care how much he hurts the team in the process of getting his.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

There are other ways of upgrading the CB position other than re-signing Revis. I would hate it and have a hard time rooting for him if he were to be re-signed. He's a greedy SOB that doesn't care about the team, the game or winning, just getting his $s. Personally, I despise him. As a player, he's past his prime. He's too expensive and too demanding and likely to be a distraction and bring the circus back. I was a Yankee fan from the time I was about 7 years old. I don't hate them, but I eventually lost about all love for and interest in them thanks to Steinbrenner and his hiring, firing, re-hiring Billy Martin and pitching coaches. It's a stupid ass way to run a team.

It's time to grow up, get over the hero worship, and move on. I root for the Jets. When players are good citizens, excellent players who work hard to get better then I root for them too. When they're lowlifes, greedy, a distraction and selfish, I root for them to get traded or released. I'd rather re-sign Cro or use our #1 pick on Gilbert, not draft a WR, TE or OLB at all than sign Revis. That should make my feelings abundantly clear.

11. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

RT @NFLSTROUD If #Bucs asked teams for two No 1 picks for Revis, they're unaware of it. Anything above a mid-round pick would do it #nyj

My guess is he will be cut

12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

At this point, Revis is a mercenary, and he will play for whoever pays him. That is likely to be top-echelon teams, or teams looking to make a splash, on short term, max $ contracts. While I'd love to have him and his skills back, our franchise is looking for more long term growth potential. Revis doesn't fit into our plans.

13. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

I believe Revis is one of the few players who's only concern is money.

14. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

your retarded dude we wouldn't of even made the playoffs without Revis he was the best player on our team by far you can't blame him for us not winning a super bowl

15. cbman13

I can blame him for being an a-hole, who held out in the middle of our success, and has been and always will be a greedy P.O.S. We are probably going to get Verner or Vonte Davis by the end of the day, so this argument is pointless.

16. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

How many regular season games did he miss during this hold out? Shit how many regular season games did he miss during his entire jet career before the injury?

17. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I wouldn't touch Revis with a 10-foot pole. The money he demands could be well spent on 2-3 very good players that don't demand a new contract every off-season.

18. jerseyjay14

so revis holding out in 2011 cost us the '09 and '10 superbowl?

thats idiotic.

19. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter who we get there's no need to continuously bash one of our best players of all time. Reality will hit Revis once he's cut and realizes 16m is not realistic anymore.
    That said if Revis can sign a deal for around 10m per year we could use the money we saved from Cro and bring Revis back to where his HOF career started and have our lockdown CB back.

20. jerseyjay14

really? you believe that?

id say half the league's only concern is money