I would not be mad (Revis Offseason Thread)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by J_P_5, Feb 13, 2014.

1. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Cleary just a wet dream but i would be ecstatic if he was cut and ended up back on our roster. I will have good dreams tonight.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

We should give him a contract that pays him for the value he can be expected to add to the team. Nothing more, nothing less. Contract negotiations are no place for emotional responses, real or imagined.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The market for CB's has changed. I don't know what Revis is going to get but I doubt it is anywhere near the premium price he asked the Bucs for last season.

4. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

imagine if the jets got revis back that would be so fucking awesome

im hoping that at this point after being traded and shopped a second time with no suitors at his ridiculous contract, he would be at least willing to come back to the jets at a reasonable rate of something like 10 mil and a chance to be back with rex and on a team with potential like the jets suddenly have.

not to mention the value he would be to the young dee milliner

im at least happy to hear the jets will be pursuing him. lets hope that rex now has enough leverage here to convince him he can bring the defense over the top and help us get to the big game.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I think the top landing spot for Revis is Oakland,they have 60 mill in cap space and a starving fan base.Id say we will be intrested but no way he comes back to much bad history even tho he is my fav Jet of all time

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

The Jets could get creative and put a no holdout clause in his contract.

7. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Lol! Do you really think he'd ever sign a deal where he couldn't hold out? Have you watched Revis's career at all? We throw that at him and forget the idea of him signing with us.

8. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

This is unbelievable. Is it actually possible that we ship Revis off for one year and gain the DROY, 4th round pick, and Revis back? Likely? No... Possible, yes

Rex Ryan will not let Revis sign with anyone before giving him his pitch. Revis gets to play for the guy he had the most success and on a team on the rise. They explain there was no way they could pay him with the cap the way it was last year, explain the new direction of the team, and boom we get the greatest one sided trade of all time.

9. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

This is why I'm glad we have Rex Ryan. I really think he could sell that pitch to Revis, and get him on board. Plus, Rex is also right to some extent concerning the cap we had last year.

10. Br4d

Anybody remember that guy with the hot girlfriend who was really bad for him? She wanted the best of everything and she acted out when she couldn't have it at the moment for whatever reason? She left, she came back, she shopped around when a new guy who looked like a big spender moved in next door. She was great in bed but she was also more trouble than she was worth.

Eventually push came to shove and the guy found himself without her and life was ok. Then one day she showed up back on his doorstep hot as ever. Luckily for him the new wife answered the door and he never had to deal with the angst again.

gustoonarmy likes this.
  11. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

revis was ranked by PFF the #1 CB last year

even in an off year

12. DoubleDecker87

You have any insight on your friend Revis, revis is my friend?

13. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

He's an a-hole, he only cares about himself, and he openly admitted he'd rather make more money and lose than win! Do you guys want to win a Super Bowl? Then we don't want/need Revis. Don't believe me? Go ask the Seahawks how many of them would rather make more money and lose more games! Go ask the Patriots that question! Revis will never win a Super Bowl, because he doesn't care too. He cares to get paid!

14. Br4d

He'd be a perfect match with the Cowboys. Both sides would care mainly about the money and their image.

cbman13 likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Your response is absurd. I'm a fan. I'm not negotiating a contract, so I can be as emotional as I want. The Jets would look like absolute fools to take him back. Thank God, most likely Woody will not even consider it and Revis will go elsewhere and end his career in obscurity. The sooner Jets fans forget about him, the better off we'll all be.

cbman13 likes this.
  16. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

my bestfriend put it perfectly

"lol there is no chance revis goes back to the jets"

17. DoubleDecker87

Lol that's what I've always said but for some reason after I saw the former jets executive tweet the jets would be in the running my mind has went elsewhere. I'm giving it a 12% chance.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I disagree 100%. What is "absurd" is for someone totally uninvolved in the transaction to project their emotions onto a business deal between two parties. You can be as big a fan as you want to call yourself, but most good fans try to separate bettering the team and soothing their own butt hurt.

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Jets are crazy if they don't at least inquire. I doubt we would have the highest bid, but we have to at least take a look, considering what he can do in this defense.

The 1985er likes this.
  20. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

So how would you feel if Revis actually did come back to the Jets?

Get over it, I would hope the Jets front office would do whatever they could to improve the team.

One way or another, it appears like we will sign either Revis, Verner or Davis.