I would not be mad (Revis Offseason Thread)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by J_P_5, Feb 13, 2014.

1. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

To a degree.

We aren't the only option out there, if some other team has more immediate interest in a guy like Verner and we don't pull the trigger while flirting with our Ex as it were that sends a sign to his camp that they should go with that alternative offer rather than wait it out with us.

We could use another CB's inevitable signing to push Revis to take our deal or leave it because we have another option ready to go, but would that screw us over if that other CB didn't like the idea of not being a priory or being used as bargaining chip for Revis? maybe I'm thinking too sensitively about it...

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Thats a good point. We know Revis can be difficult to deal with. If he does actually become available I think the Jets would have to at least make him an offer. But your right, they can't afford to get caught up in a long term game of cat and mouse like they did with Nmandi.

3. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Hell no! This clown can rot in hell. He all but quit on us and tried to hold us hostage. On top of that he was horrible last year.

4. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

Why is it that the Jets fell for the " on the roster" compensation again. (Vilma, right after I bought his jersey)
    Just do a straight up trade.
    That 4th instead of 3rd is a big difference.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Stop making threads. Please

6. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

From your lips to God's ears, my friend. That would be the most badass situation of all time. Still, it would seem fair to return the Bucs' pic for Revis provided that the player signed a new deal (e.g. 3-years, no hold-out cause, 8M/7M/6M guaranteed, 1M/2M/3M training cap bonus, and 2M/3M/4M health and on-the-field bonuses). Yup, I'm a little inebriated, but that sounds fair to me.

Still, it's all just a pipe dream.

7. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

He wasn't "horrible" last year. Lol, get a clue. Revis coming back will make this defense even more insane (along with drafting a pass rusher cause I don't see any worthwhile in FA).

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're being ridiculous. It isn't that easy. The Jets were looking to deal Revis. Idzik took the best deal he could get. Tampa Bay was the only team interested in dealing for Revis. If Tampa Bay refused to guarantee the pick, what was Idzik supposed to do, just walk away and lose Revis for nothing this year?

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If anything the Bucs got had,they traded a first round pick for a guy they are going to cut a year later.So what a 3rd becomes a 4th its not like a 1st becoming a 7th or something.The main part of the trade was the first round pick witch we drafted Sheldon with so it all worked out.Unless Revis ends up in New England or the Giants witch would really suck

10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The Jets have been had?

You realize Tampa gave up their 13th overall pick and what will now most likely be a 4th rounder for 1 year of a player who made no difference on their team right?

11. NCJetsfan

All you guys wanting Revis back are absolutely nuts. Unfreakingbelievable.

12. LongIslandBlitz

Revis has no leverage anymore to ask any team for 13-16 million per season.He got injured,traded and cut by two teams in under a year.No one is gonna pay him big money.I say he gets 8 million per year tops

13. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

why? he's still a really good player, the problem last year was he wanted too much, if he still does, we move the hell on, but its worth it entertain him with a contract at least. (and move on if he rejects can't be overstated enough)

he'll get more than that... around or just above the rest of the class no doubt. unless the raiders decide to be big spenders.

14. LongIslandBlitz

The 4th instead of the 3rd isn't that big of a diffrence .We still have two 4th rounders maybe we can trade up for another 3rd

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

He was the best corner in the league last year, as usual lol.

16. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Richard Sherman is the best corner. And all of you who want this joker back are mental. All he's gonna do is sign a contract, play a year maybe two, then hold out for more money.

17. NCJetsfan

Why should we give the greedy SOB the dignity of offering him a contract? He doesn't give a rat's ass about the Jets or winning, he just wants his $s. Eff him. I hope he winds up with Oakland.

18. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

True. I guess I'm being greedy.
    You got to make the trade. It just seem it only happen to the Jets.
    Gotta do what you gotta do.
    Go to hell falco.

19. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP: Former Jets exec @AriNissim says he hears the Eagles, Raiders, Browns and Jets are all going to pursue Darrelle Revis.

Don't the Browns have to deal with Joe Haden, if not, very soon? Can't see them being that interested in Revis if that's the case.

Do the Eagles still run a cover 2? If so, I can't see Revis going there.

If it's really those teams, then will see what Revis is made of now. Does he goes to Oakland that has 60 mil in cap space, and can probably pay him whatever he wants, or does he come back to Rex's defense under a more manageable salary?

20. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

No trading for revis. If they could some how get him back at a reasonable price after hes released he would be welcomed with open arms. That's not his style, he'll be released and want 18 mill a season.