I want to gauge where everyone stands on the real issue, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BadgerOnLSD, Nov 19, 2011.

?

Where do you fall?

1. I still believe in Schottenheimer

5.3%
  2. I gave up on him this year

29.9%
  3. I gave up on him in 2010

31.7%
  4. I gave up on him in 2009

13.7%
  5. I gave up on him in 2008

9.5%
  6. I gave up on him in 2007

9.9%
  1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Gave up on him about 26 years ago.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Like I said... 300 yard games are over-rated, but Favre never posted 300 yard passing game with the Jets.

On top of that, Favre posted 22/22 TD/INT. I don't know if 22 INT is the most in his career, but it's an unusual coincidence that Favre and Pennington threw a LOT of picks with the Jets. (In fact, that's #3 on his list.)

Why is it silly? They couldn't stop the running attack - and they were rock solid in pass coverage. So what is your preferred choice of action then? Do you go Schottenheimer's way then? I don't mind inviting the defense close then burning them deep with play action passes. That is NOT what happened there. Also, remember how Broncos won two weeks ago. Tebow completed but TWO passes the whole game - and won. Are you saying that picture is wrong? Targeting on the defense's deficiency is a wrong way to attack?

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

If the OL continues to play like pansies, then it doesn't matter who the OC is, the running game will not work and the QB will not be able to throw successfully.

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

We know. No one is suggesting we let Schotty go and not fix the OL.

5. Cynic

Cynic New Member

You guys act like the o-line got beat on every single down. They have played decently this year when Mangold was healthy and vs the Broncos outside a handful 4 or 5 very bad plays.

But of course it got blown out of proportion and exaggerated to make excuses for Sanchez.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

In 2009, Sanchez was sacked a total of 26 times and 27 times in 2010.

He's been sacked 25 times this year, and we're only at week 12.

Wayne Hunter and Mulligan have been nothing short of awful this year. If you can't see that the oline has regressed significantly, then I can't help you.

7. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Clearly they are worst then last year I never said that. 26 sacks allowed ranks in the bottom half of the NFL, with 21 being the midpoint. Still doesn't explain how Sanchez has a 45 completion percentage when under pressure which is 2nd lowest in the NFL.

#187 Cynic, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The bottom quarter of the league.

#188 BadgerOnLSD, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  9. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Yeah I found the stats and edited my post. But I find the telling stat to be Sanchez' 45% completion percentage when under pressure which is 2nd worst in the league.

Also look at last years stats:

Thanks to one of the best offensive lines in the league, Sanchez was under pressure on just 27.66% of his 640 drop backs, which ranked 31st out of 34 QBs in the study. (Only Peyton Manning, Matt Hasselbeck and Jon Kitna were under duress fewer times).

Sanchez had the lowest completion percentage under pressure in the league at 35.46%

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Keep in mind, Sanchez only had 1 season in college. He was still getting acclimated to the speed of the NFL in his first 2 seasons....maybe this season as well. Some of these QBs coming out of college have 4 years of starting experience in college.

It's still early....but if Sanchez is like this a year or 2 from now. Then I believe the concerns regarding his play will be validated.

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

This could also be due in large part to the offensive play design and the overall scheme. I mean when pressure comes in and you have 3 guys all doing the SAME EXACT thing in the same area, they can easily be covered. Just look at that GIF in the other thread.. 3rd down, expecting some pressure, and everyone runs a 4 yard curl that is easily defended.

ANY OTHER team, you watch them on TV and in situations where you expect pressure, you see a play called that is designed to quickly get a receiver open using some thing creative. Whether it's a slant, a screen, a quick "pick" type of play.. anything. But you never see that with the Jets.

This is not all on Mark Sanchez. Not even close.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

With the right OC, he'll look like he did at SC.

People keep having to make the point you just made...And on that other thread they ignore that point while simultaneously ignoring Schitty's long tenure.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Preachin' to the choir, man.

It's tough to measure Sanchez's potential, when we have a known QB growth-stunter in our current OC.

14. actofgod22

actofgod22 Member

1st down - HB dive
    2nd down - HB dive
    3rd down - Incomplete Pass
    4th down - Punt

(c) Shotty

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

2nd series

1st - HB Dive
    2nd - Inc pass
    3rd - Draw play
    4th - Punt!

Its jsut overly obvious what we are doing at this point from down to down. Without a dominant O-line this crap is not working.

16. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Those who are giving Shottenheimer a pass and blaming the offensive line need to wake up. Blocking is important, but no more important then formations and playcalling. When your formations are poorly designed, your play calling is predictable, and you never, ever stretch the field it's much easier for defenses to stack the box and bring pressure.

17. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

I wonder is Schottenheimer using the ask Madden feature to call his plays because that is what is looks like

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

'Ask Madden' actually works at times. Obviously Schottenheimer is not even using 'Ask Madden' feature right.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The Jets should just sell the rights to the offensive playcalling.

"This drive has been brought to you by Tri-State Lexus."

20. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Blocking is the most important part of the play. There is no proper playcall or formation when the OL gets blown away consistently.

Blocking > play calling + formation.
    Sure playcalling & formations are important but they both require execution to be implemented.
    stretching the defense also requires blocking because Sanchez will require time for the receivers to actually run down the field and get separation.