I think those expecting a blowout are crazy...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Oct 9, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

How good is the Miami offensive line? They gave up 6 sacks to the Bills so we should be able to get to the rookie QB. You gotta figure Miami is gonna do a lot of bubble screens and such and not let the kid just sit back and take 5 steps and throw. Can they run on us? We have not been stellar against the run but I say don't respect the pass game and just load up and shut down the run, we can handle their receivers in man to man. As far as our offense, we gotta throw early and often, their secondary blows so our OL needs to wake up and play better then last week. The key is a clean game on offense, no turnovers, make the Dolphins drive a long field.

2. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. :beer: Thanks SJ ! :up:

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I think ur crazy

4. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

I have never heard a 1-3 team talk so much crap. Can't you say it's going to be a challenging game and be done with it. My god you are so blind. Dolphins Ran up a storm on the colts and bills. A bills defense without their main linebacker and no Leodis McKelvin or Donte Whittner.You beat up a colts team without Bob Sanders and still lost. Man come on. The Jets played A great houston team to 0 tds, and a patriots offense with 0 tds, they held Chris Johnson to a marginal game and the Saints Offense to 0 tds thrown and 10 points. Don't Just come in here at 1-3 and think you are going to whoop the Jets like whoever the hell your backup line backer says.

5. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Good One ! :rofl2:

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Really ted ginn jr.? Where 8th in the NFL against the Rush and 4th in Totall D check the facts before you talk cocksucker. We win and easily. Miami fucking blows without your gimmick gay wildcat you have no chance. Stop signing up to go on other teams boards to try to put fear in us it wont happen especially not against the dolphins ahahaha come on man!

:finssuck::finssuck::finssuck:

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Let's put this "Miami has a better Run D than the Jets" myth to bed right now as well as a few others.

Miami has played against the Falcons, Colts, Chargers and Bills. Those teams rushing offense rank as follows:

Falcons - 25th
    Colts - 29th
    Chargers - 32nd
    Bills - 14th

With the exception of the Bills (and their questionable line the week they actually faced Miami), they've faced shitty running teams. So, as of today, the Dolphins are ranked #2 in rushing D .

Jets are ranked 13th in run D and their opponents rank as follows:

Texans - 30th
    Patriots - 17th
    Titans - 7th
    Saints - 2nd

Now, let's see the teams the Dolphins have "crushed" with their running O and how they're ranked defensively.

Falcons - 25th against the run
    Colts - 16th against the run
    Chargers - 28th against the run
    Bills - 27th against the run

Therefore the Dolphins are #1 in rushing offense.
    The Jets have the 13th ranked rush defense.

Considering how the Jets have played against BETTER offensive rushing teams, and are still decently ranked 13th in the league stopping the run (still better than any of the teams you've faced) why are the Fins fans so sure running the ball on this squad will be a breeze?

In the same token, seeing that the Jets are ranked 9th in the running game (which will be the 1st good rushing O you'll face so far this year...and which we also accomplished with no deep-threat WR), why are Fin fans so sure that their rushing D will shut the Jets down on the ground?

And Dolphin fans, please, spare me the "any given Monday" reason. I want a logical reasoning why Fins fans are so confident they'll shut down the Jets ground game and force Sanchez to throw the ball with newly acquired Braylon Edwards running outside the numbers, and how that will work?

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Dolphins have averaged 8 downs a game in the wildcat, it's not even a large part of their offense at this point. The main thing the wildcat provides is a distraction from teams gameplanning for the base offense.

And has already been said, during the 8-12 times they run that formation on the Jets, Rex Ryan is already ahead of the curve. He doesn't need to figure it out. He already owns it.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Those 4 teams suck at defending the run. The best run defense you've faced is the Colts (#16th ranked run defense) and they never adjusted to the wildcat or put more than 7 in the box. It was maddening to watch, and almost like they wanted you to run the ball and didn't realize rag arm CP was the QB.

The rest are #25, #27, and #28 against the run.

This will be the biggest, most physical front 7 you've faced and the defense will sell out to stop the run. Rex will challenge you to beat us with the pass.

#69 WhiteShoeWillis, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

The Jets will score once on defense this week....thats pretty much the only thing im counting on. Calvin Pace is "big man with football, once again!"

11. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I have a very bad feeling about this game. Sanchez is going to have to play like he's not a rookie for the Jets to win.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

You mean like weeks 1 through 3?

I agree we're going to have to win this through the air. Edwards may help open up the run game though.

13. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Henne is basically a rookie.

14. pisano24

pisano24 Member

24-13 Jets

That's 11 points...

Book it.

15. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I don't think it'll be a blowout on Monday night. I think it'll be a low scoring, defensive game where field position / turnovers make all the difference on the scoreboard in the end. Your typical Phinz / Jets Monday night battle, can't wait!!...

~BK~

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I think the main thing the wildcat does as does the version we run and several other teams run it allows you to replace the QB with a blocker and match up an additional blocker on a potential defensive tackler. Another words it gives the offense an additional body to take on a loaded defensive box.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

Absolutely. And if you don't stop it (see Colts game) they keep running it. Why wouldn't they?

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

And if your QB sucks even more reason to add a blocker.

19. Dbenzo3

Dbenzo3 New Member

This will be the worst rushing week for the fins. We all know how good their backs are. Jets D doesn't even have to shut them down completely. If the fins think they are goign to come out and run, run, run, there will be plenty of 3 and outs.

Jets secondary will be man to man all day. Fins recievers and TE well be lucky to have 8-12 catches combined this week. Jet will be run blitzing all day. Filling all the gaps. There will be no rushing lanes. The wild cat is meaningless when Jets defenders will be running wild behind the O-line, with in seconds, all day.

Anyone worried about the Fins fan making noise? Please don't make me laugh. There will be more green and white in the stands than orange. Miami is like little NY. NYers own that town.

The Jets have a very strange running attack so far. You pull your hair out all game wondering where the hell is the rushing game and at the end of the day they have run for over 120 yards. Its been a little madning. With a passing attack getting more fire power the Jets running should take off.

What are fins fans so pumped up about? Didn't even win a playoff game last year. 1-3 this season. Their D is more talk and tackles. Nobody LB talking crap. That guy is a joke. He would have been playing behind Trusnk on the Jets.

20. Lamb Jones

Lamb Jones New Member

No doubt in my mind the jets should win this game but I seriously doubt a blowout. Theses teams usually play close games even when one of them is clearly superior to the other. I'm looking forward to a great game, jets by 4.