I just don't get it.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 26, 2012.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

There is so much wrong in this accusational post that its not worth responding too. Enjoy our backup QB though... he looked great last night.

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Then start explaining how/what was wrong in that post.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

There really is no point in arguing with you guys. It's unbelievable. I don't know what would merit a grown man who has never met another man to ignore evidence, reality and twist everything every single argument whether its significant or not so that that man is not shown in a poor light.

Even If I loved Tebow I would admit that he doesn't deserve some of the publicity and opportunities he's gotten. I would recognize outstanding college players like him that weren't given the same opportunities. You aren't saying anything bad about Tebow by doing so, you are just being rational and can just simply say you hope he takes advantage of those opportunities afforded to him.

4. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Pat White and Troy Smith were both great all-around college players. Brad Smith was a great runner but a below average passer. None of them were close to Tebow caliber of great, though. Just look at the stats, Tebow beats all of them in most of the important statistical categories. Not to mention the Heisman and 2 national championships (and yes, he was a big part of the one during his Freshman year). Troy Smith has the Heisman, but neither of the other two do and none of them have a single national championship, much less two. Troy Smith got multiple playing opportunities in the NFL and just didn't capitalize on them. Pat White didn't know whether he wanted to play baseball or football, plus he had a pretty slight frame, plus I don't recall that he did anything special in the short amount of time he played for the Dolphins. Brad Smith being a below average passer probably had something to do with him not getting a shot as a starting QB in the league.

It's also worth mentioning that Urban Meyer's worst year as a head coach in big boy football (Utah & Florida) was the year that Tim Tebow left for the NFL.

5. JFjets

JFjets New Member

No, you didn't.

6. Bannon

Bannon New Member

What evidence? I'm the one that asked for some, only to be told it is somehow mathematically impossible to come up with someone. To which I say, "then why did he say that?"

He has gotten publicity he doesn't deserve, far in excess of any reasonable amount of coverage. It's because he's popular and also hated -- both kinds of people are interested in his rise or fall.

I just disagree with this. I don't think there any examples in this era.

7. Demosthenes9

The frakking problem is that you quite simply DID NOT put forth the names of any QBs who were "like him", that weren't given opportunities.

Furthermore, you completely ignore the guys who were "like him" who DID get opportunities.

Vince freaking Young is a BLACK QB who was the dual threat QB like Tebow was in college. He was a major player in the Heisman race. He won a National Championship at Texas. Lo and behold, he was a TOP DRAFT PICK as a QB.

he alone completely undercuts your entire argument.

8. CertifiedClutch

nobody is comparing him to a vet but you. he still needs to improve on his mechanics and footwork. nbc noted that he releases the ball .47 of a second where as sanchez releases about .10 less. he's got game, heart and he's a winner but i don't think he's a starting QB. jets won't be using him as a qb unless sanchez gets hurt or he completely bombs which i don't see happening. i think he's best suited to play RB or TE because he's an absolute bull to take down.

9. Demosthenes9

Clutch, most people are indeed comparing him to a Vet. Big complaint from the other night's game was that he stared down the receiver. Shocking huh, Tebow's the only one to ever do that apparently. I mean, guys with 50+ NFL starts don't do such a thing.

Look at most the complaints about Tebow right now. Stares down/locks on primary receiver. Difficulty with progressions. Runs if his first read isn't open. Has trouble reading defensive coverages. Yada, yada, yada. Those are problems that MOST young NFL QBs have. Hell, Sanchez is still developing in regard to a number of them.

But oh no, Tebow is a terrible QB because of these things.

As to his release, if you go through the list of starting NFL QBs, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you found others will a release time similar to Tebow's. BUT, that's a thing that can be rather easily corrected as he's already trimmed off quite a bit of time.

10. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Funny, I've never seen that statistic in the box score of NFL football games, especially near the W-L column.

11. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

I didn't realize football was an individual sport. Terrible QBs can be a part of .500 teams. Tebow is a terrible QB.

Again, there have been dozens of highly successful college QBs, who won more in college than Tebow did as starters, who can't play on the next level. For some reason, this good looking Jesus freak gets a massive following for being no better than Matt Leinart.

I doubt there are ANY starting QBs that even come close to the combo of poor release, inability to read defenses, horrendous footwork, and complete inaccuracies throwing.

Tebows QBR was only better than backups who were forced into starting roles, or injured guys. The kid has no business being a starting QB in this league and last nights game was further proof of it.

#111 GoldenShowers, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  12. joolander

joolander New Member

Tebow sucks get over it. Mark Sanchez has more wins than Tebow. That should end every argument right there.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought he was a great thrower on the run so was surprised to see that.

The slant was locking on. Those picks from whoever is QBing for us worries me.
    Not to sound confused, but what does that have to do with what you quoted of me? Did you quote the wrong post?

14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think he's saying that there's not much of a track record of interceptions by Tebow to figure out if he's got a "type" of interception he's must tending to throw. He threw very few by NFL standards.

Most of them I've seen are of the "what the heck was that?" variety.

15. CertifiedClutch

as i've said in the other thread barring any miracle, he's not going to get a chance to start at qb. the jets aren't using him as a qb. they're using him as a wildcat/ special teams player which is what he is. he's at best a backup. yes all of those things are true among young qbs but why do you think the broncos ran so much when he was the qb?

16. CertifiedClutch

whoever said it was a statistic? it's a big difference from completing a pass to being sacked.

17. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

LOL so now Tebow throws "different types of interceptions".....let me guess, they are the "good kind" of INTs.

This part of the forum should be shut down its a disgrace it's like MTV with gushing little girls over their idol who is a national joke.

18. displacedfan

I thought I saw more lock ons than the throw on the run. Lock ons worry me because we know (from his running and throw on the run ability) he can view the field very well so something is making him lock on and not trust his reads

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

after 3 pre season games (Sanchez has more passing yards, Tebow has more rushing and also has more first downs by the way) neither is exactly setting the world on fire.

[​IMG]

20. displacedfan

ESPN really bring the hard hitting stats like completion percentage, attempts, completions, drops, QBR (the one they invented or the one the NFL uses). Good to see them hard at work