I Have Only One Thing To Say

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jabba the Jet, Sep 7, 2006.

1. GreenBleeder69

Hahahaha that's so true. How many times have we seen the "Cut (insert name here)" thread after 1 bad play? lolol I love Jets fans!

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Rain man strikes again. Now instead of Noodle arm we have the "egg man"

Culpepper's size and big arm made a big difference tonight didn't it? And both Fin TD's were gifts - the first with the non call on the PI in the first half and the second when Ike Thomas dropped a sure INT in the end zone.

That's where you and others don't get it. Culpepper has a gun, but he chokes and throws INTs by the bunch. Batch, who couldn't break a pane of glass goes for 3 TDs and no INTs and completes 75% of his passes with his "noodle arm."

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

60 hours to Noodle. Yeah, definitely 60 hours to Noodle.

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

And it'll happen. Whether it's "This 3-4 sucks!" Or "Mangini is way over his head!"...

Anything and everything will be shot out by attention seekers, or people who just live life miserable.

Look, the Jets are a 6-win team MAX. Most of us can deal with that...

But if the Jets lose, which I doubt, Monday here will be straight hell. And I don't want to hear "Oh we're the die-hards."...No, writing off a player or coach after 1 game is ludacris. But that will be expected Monday if the Jets lose.

5. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

And? Do you think Charlie Batch is a good QB? He fumbled a snap at the goal line, and if the Miami secondary was ever within 10 yards of a receiver at the time some of those rainbows were thrown they would've been going the other way. Miami looked like a 4-5 win team last night.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Chad Pennington is a much better QB, if everyone's point here is to make a comparison between the two. Chad never had an arm to begin with but his intangibles and accuracy make up for it. It all comes down to coaching... every QB in the entire league is the product of a system... some are put in a position to succeed, others are not... if Schottenheimer puts Penny in a position to succeed, he will.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

My prediction was pretty close. Actual score was 28-17.

As far as Heath Miller, yeah I agree with Cakes. Get over it. I'm okay with the TE's we've got (except I'm still in a quandry over Dreessen, but that's another story).

Polamalu is definitely awesome. I hope some of our guys were studying his technique closely. He follows the QB's eyes, positions himself and then pounces after the ball is thrown! Unreal player.

8. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Plus, I think Justin Miller (who we would not have taken without the Jolley debacle) has a higher ceiling than Miller, if nothing else based on pure athleticism.

9. WhiteShaft04

WhiteShaft04 Banned

I can't wait till we play Culpepper AKA SUCKS UNDER PRESSURE AND CAN NEVER COME BACK IN A GAME B/C HE SUCKS! BYAH!

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I agree completely, but that all hinges on the fact if Justin Miller can use more technique so that he doesnt let his athleticism take himself out of plays.

I believe Heath Miller will be one of those guys who consistently moves the chains and comes through with a big red zone catch time to time, but he will NOT be a premier TE as far as being a "playmaker" is concerned. then again thats not important; cause Heath will be a respected TE throughout his career I believe. But like discussed if Justin Miller gets his head straight, his athleticism, I believe would make him a shutdown corner.