I feel sorry for the younger Jet fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetcane, Dec 22, 2008.

1. steviep

steviep Active Member

I was alive for SuperBowl iii. 6 days old but still...

I told my poor 12yr old son yesterday at the half that they were done at 7-3. He could not understand. Poor thing. As Joe Benigno famously said, "if you raise your [children] to be jets fans, you are doing them a disservice."

2. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Don't feel sorry for us, we all had a choice...

When I first started watching football, the Jets had a must win game against the Detroit Lions (pretty sure)... We lost. I cried. My dad looked at me and said "You're young. If you want to root for another team, you still have that chance. The Jets will do this to you every year."

Damn it.

3. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Everyone reacts differently. If you're fine, that's fine. I suppose I'd trust you more if i hadnt seen this previous post you made:

Replies: 28 Whats going on with our Special Teams?
    Views: 289 Posted By talisaynon

Agreed. Westhoff should be fired this off-season and caned to death. Getting pinned at the 2 yard line? inexcusable.

:rofl2:

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I feel horrible for turning my girlfriend into a Jets fan.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

me too..... and her dad's a Giants fan :rofl2:

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Get her a really nice fake engagement ring and dump her before the wedding and she will still have the Jets to hate you for for the rest of her life.

7. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I remember crying after the Jets lost to the Browns in 86. That was tough. My Dad told me it's just a game and not to take it too seriously because the jets suck and that's just the way it is. I knew I was somehow rooting for the wrong team, but thought somehow, that I was stronger, more noble for being an underdog. I somehow wished that the glory would be so much sweeter the day we finally rose to the top and proved everyone wrong, finally. It's almost 2009 and that day still has not come.

I'm not quitting...but my passion for this team fades with letdown after letdown. How much can a man take?

8. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

long suffering jets, mets, knicks, islanders fan since 85. 86 mets are the only bright spot in all my years.

9. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

You missed the 4 stanley cups. Those were some of the best sporting years of my life. Sorry you have been subjected to this crap.

10. JetsLookingforDWare

Hahahaha.

So, you feel like the Yankees caught up with the Sox after CC and Burnett?

I'm almost excited for Yankee fans on that one. Burnett is filthy, and he's only gotten smarter as a pitcher as he's gotten older.

Buchholz is gonna be the shit though. That curve/change combo of his is just sick when it's right. He's only been pitching for like 4 years too.

11. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

5 years for burnett is ludicrous, considering his injury history. yeah, he has arguably the nastiest stuff in the league, but he's always injured.....

people always argue that they should "watch what he does" when he's healthy for a full year. he was healthy for a full year last year and couldn't keep his ERA under 4.

That's not really what gets me the most about their signing though. before they signed Burnett to that deal, it was looking like starting pitching would go a lot cheaper, what with the recession of the economy and all. but then they signed cc to that insane deal and gave burnett a megadeal what with his history. everyone's price just rose.

i still think the bosox have the better staff 1-3 tough.

12. 624

624 Banned

i feel bad for myself too (16) every kid at my high school likes the jets or pats because i live in CT and noone knows anything aobut football but talks like they do (Favres only reason jets won games.. pats lost games cause brady was out...blah blah)

13. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

You root for the Yankees AND Mets....

Sheesh - why didn't you just enjoy some Giants Super Bowls while you were at it?

1968 checkin in by the way - Pretty much ill right now...

14. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I'm 16, and I've basically been a die-hard Jets fan since I can remember. While it kills me to see the Jets fold after such a promising season, I couldn't stop being a Jets fan if I tried. Regardless of what they do, I will always be obsessed with the Jets.

This season was by far the worst since I've been a Jets fan. Every win was so great, but every loss ruined my entire week. Mangini and the CS just made so many bad decisions, and had such an awful gameplan every single week.

I guess I just have baseball season to look forward to. Wait, I'm a Mets fan. Shit.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hopefully, you won't be saying this same shit when you're 36..

16. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Yep.

The only time I rooted for the Gnats was in last year's SB against the pats.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Here's some more food for thought TGR. Do you realize that at the current pace of this team's development, you possibly could be 56 years old and still NOT have seen a Jets team in the SB???

Do yourself a favor now kid. Watch the Jets and root for the Jets. Never expect ANYTHING from the Jets and you'll be OK..

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Well. I was usually very skeptical *30+ years of sucking - who wouldn't?* but somehow felt this year would be different. This year, the curse would be lifted. This year, something magical would happen. Before I knew it, I was investing more of emotions and energy into this team, when I shouldn't have. Conventional wisdom told me this team will find a way to fold down the stretch - I just didn't want to believe it.

Well. How wrong I was. I doubt if I will ever roll the dice against the conventional wisdom again. :)

On a side note: you shouldn't, either.

19. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

Of course I realize that. I expect nothing from the Jets. I know the history of the team and their losing ways.

I fully expect the Jets/Mets to not win a SB/WS before I die.

20. GoJets111

GoJets111 Member

We're in the same position. The jets could go 0-16 for 4 years straight and i cannot see myself not being a die hard fan