I Dream of Braylon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GMCJETS, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I argue with GM all the time about sitting in the UD in the new place. I try to respect everyone until proven otherwise. OTHERWISE!!!!

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'd still welcome Braylon back. We may not need him critically, but he'd be good to have around until Hill develops or in case of injury.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It all depends what the Jets feel about their other WRs. Obviously, Holmes has one starting spot. Hill probably has the other, or Schilens, with Kerley as the main slot receiver. If Hill isn't impressing and Schilens gets hurt, then Braylon becomes a good fit. As it is now, there's not a whole lot of room at the inn.

Hill is a big X-factor for this offense for the next few years. He's got rare ability. I don't want to pin him to the bench and stifle his development, I'd love to let him play if he's able to. But if he's not ready, he's not ready. Personally, I think he'll be fine, not a stud, but with Schilens, Kerley and other young WRs there to take pressure off him, we'll be fine. But I'm not at camp.

4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I like your take, in theory. However, I'm not sure all the "if's" come true. Schillens I dont think has ever been healthy for a full season. I think he's missed more games than he's played, right? After that, you're down to a raw rookie as your starting receiver. I'm sure Hill becomes a player at some point in the NFL, but I dont think you can expect much out of him immediately. If the Jets want to win now, IMO, bring in Braylon and let Hill ease into the starting lineup as the year goes on.

#24 Bills over Jets, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  5. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Agree on the above post.

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

There are a lot of ifs, but they've invested in a bunch of young receivers lately. With Holmes at one spot, I would hope between Hill, Schilens, Kerley, Turner and the camp invites (including 2 recent draft picks), we can get a 2nd and 3rd receiver.

I would be on board with bringing Braylon back. He could help. But how much? He's not a special teamer. Is he really much better than Schilens at this point?

Like I said, I'm not there. The receiving corps has some ifs, but also some possible answers. On the surface, I would look at bringing Braylon back as an indictment on Hill's ability to contribute from day one but moreso on the team's confidence in Schilens to be healthy and productive.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Kerley could also start at receiver. He's a better fit in the slot, but he can start. I can expect Hill to be a deep threat from day one on fly routes. That alone will help out our offense greatly and open things up for Holmes, Keller and the backs.

Remember, Keller will still be the team's #2 receiver, and if Cumberland is healthy, he's a nice pass catching option at tight end. Even if Hill starts, if he mostly blocks and runs fly routes, he'd be an asset.

8. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Rex said this today.

Ryan said no one in the organization has contacted Braylon Edwards.

"Everybody is a possibility because of the way we look at players, we're always trying to upgrade our football team and I know Mike Tannenbaum is as thorough as anybody and if we know somebody can help our team, there's a lot of things involved in it.

"We can't just go out and get Michael Jordan, somebody is going to have to pay for it."

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The FO already let Edwards go. They have egos. Whatever chance there was that need would trump their unwillingness to in effect say they were wrong to let Edwards go was eliminated when they got Schillens and Hill, and also brought back Turner. Kerley was the most upbeat new development on the team, the Jets have a ton of money on Holmes, and Holmes is the best skill position player on the team.

Add it all up, and they will not be going after Edwards.

10. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

They're not getting Edwards and lets be thankful for that. He's injured, getting older, and no teams are interested in him, because he's done. Reports out of camp are that Schilens looks great, we drafted Hill, and have Holmes and Kerley. Last thing we need is an over the hill injured WR who wasn't even that great when he was on the team. So sick of this love affair fans have with Braylon.

11. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Hes 29 hes not old or over the hill. Get a grip.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You pray for braylon to return to the jets on a daily basis but he's the one that needs to get a grip? Lol

13. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Pray...............really? :beer:

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

The bus has left. Braylon is left behind. He's not coming back to the Jets.

Next?

15. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I disagree, alot will be decided during training camp. Most of the WRs including our #1 couldnt even make it through mini-camp without being hurt. Schillens has a history of being injured. Lets see how it all plays out.

16. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I would like to see Edwards in a Jets uniform again if he is healthy.

That being said, in WR-years, 29 is over-the-hill.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No one was injured in camp! Theyre extra cautious this time of year, stop overreacting to nothing.

18. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

They were so injured before camp even started and didnt take part in any activities. They stood on the side and watched. I was there, were you? If they were healthy why werent they participating.

Holmes was just one of a handful of wide receivers ailing at the start of minicamp. Second-round pick Stephen Hill has a hamstring issue, as do Jeremy Kerley, Patrick Turner, Chaz Schilens, Royce Pollard and DaMarcus Ganaway. Hill didn't practice, while Kerley and Turner were limited.

#38 GMCJETS, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I still think Braylon is coming back.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's June dude. Relax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.