I Don't Want Another Rookie QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jan 13, 2015.

1. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

If he's a hell of a qb why isn't he starting for a team

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I've never been a fan of taking the best QB in a draft just because he's the best QB in the draft.

Skinniest chick at the fat farm, tallest midget in the circus as it were.

2012 was such a year. Folks were touting Geno as the best QB in that draft.

BFD, it was a SHITTY year for QBs.

I truly believe this is a weak QB draft other than the top 2. I really really like Mariota--as much as I ever liked Teddy and Carr and more than any other QB since Luck and quite a few before him.

Btw, I'm not sure what anyone saw in Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, EJ, Geno, Daulton, any of those guys.

_

Brook! likes this.
  3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

no bashing, just wanted to see who you were before I gave you a like:D

4. Cody Hummel

Cody Hummel Active Member

I'm not saying he is the next Tom Brady lol. He is a good game manager and would execute Gailey's system well. He would push Geno to make him better. He is the best Free Agent option in my opinion and I would rather have a veteran come in that draft another qb. In 2011 Moore had 2,497 yds 16td 9int with a 87.1 rating I 13 games. That was the most action he received in a single season. With Bowles stout defense and a strong running game with good receivers and an offensive coordinator that knows how to use them... Moore could have success and in my opinion he is are best option for what is available. At least to compete with Geno and we can see who win s the job

Bellows1 and The 1985er like this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........

FlaJet likes this.
  6. nyjunc

Matt Moore is kind of like an Orton type, good #s on losing teams but can't rely on him to help you win meaningful games. when Carolina was out of the race in 2009 he played really well, starts week 1 2010 and was terrible. In Miami when team wasn't dead he was awful, after they fall to 0-7 he played really well. I'm ok w/ him as a backup, I don't want him starting.

Cody Hummel likes this.
  7. Cody Hummel

Depends on the system too though. I am pretty high on Gailey. Not saying Moore would be are starter I think Geno will start but Moore is a veteran that would push Geno to get better in camp. I don't see any other possible free agent qbs that I would want as a backup. And in my personal opinion drating one is out of the question this year.

nyjunc likes this.
  8. nyjunc

I guess we could do worse than Geno and Moore, I'd hate to see that. That wouldn't inspire confidence. I'd rather go the rookie route.

9. nyjetsknicks247

I wouldn't mind bringing him in nut I don't see us passing on winston or mariota

10. Cody Hummel

I don't think either will be available honestly, personally I wouldn't want either, I think we go either wr or olb at #6 depending what we do with harvin but I think percy will be back with a restructured contract lol

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My gut tells me that Mac will clean house by getting rid of players like Geno. I am sure Bowles and CG did not rush to call him and say you are still the team quarterback. With this seasons disastrous record it makes no sense to give any player a pass. Major changes are coming. Thank God!!

mezzavo and FlaJet like this.
  12. Cody Hummel

Geno will be there 100% He is very affordable still on that rookie contract. he will be back. Not saying he will start but it doesn't make sense to get rid of him when you cant replace him for all the more he is making

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't imagine anyone wanting to start a rookie QB this season. Neither Sanchez nor Geno should have started their rookie seasons. They only did because of the failings of the Jets' FO to secure a veteran QB and the Jets' CS failures to develop either QB.

Hell no to Cutler. He's not worth the coin and not who we'd want mentoring a rookie. He's Vinny Part Deux...million dollar arm and $.10 brain, except he's even worse because he has a rotten attitude. At least Vinny tried. Cutler just doesn't give a rat's ass. He sucks. Nobody in their right mind should want that tool as the Jets' QB.

#213 NCJetsfan, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    FJF likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't see Cutler being a "game manager" type QB at all. That's not who he is. Sure, it would probably benefit him for a while, but sooner or later he'd implode. He just isn't smart enough or disciplined enough.

15. nyjetsknicks247

Well Raiders are taking cooper's wr is out unless we trade back. I think we get one qb I'm not sold on titans taking a qb

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

It's a shame, the year we always need a QB it's a lackluster year.

17. JStokes

Titans love Mettenberger. Love him.

Thank god we stole Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans and Dakota Dozier and Jeremiah George before Mettenberger.

Motherfucking piece of shit Idzik.

_

Brook! and nyjetsknicks247 like this.
  18. JStokes

It's a lackluster QB year.

Other than two massive QBs in round 1.

_

19. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Obviously. I think they will go 1 & 2 though.

20. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

he had his share, but i'm not sure that was an Idzik faux pas. mett was a 6th rounder no? what was it that made him so undesirable to JI and every other GM that he fell?