I can't believe he's bringing back Carter and all the other coaches

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Jets players voicing displeasure for the OL coach and the OL being terrible all year needs to be addressed. He needs to be replaced.

papapump and joelip like this.
  2. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

More importantly, Lewan, an all-pro tackle from the Titans said he sucked.
    I agree with you here; a more contemporary comparison is Eric Bieniemy, former OC of Kansas City. Several players publicly expressed a dislike of him and his style, and others suggested he was just a puppet in a superior Andy Reid offensive scheme-- but the year after he leaves KC their offense looks unrecognizable and penalties, drops, all kinds of discipline-related errors went through the roof. THere's proably some interpersonal aspects of his job Carter sucked at, based on things Lewan has said, but player dislike alone shouldn't be "the reason". I think Carter should be fired because he's accountable for O-line performance and his O-line was between the 29th-best and 32nd-best O-line in the league this season depending on where you choose to pull your rankings from.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm pretty shocked that nobody was fired. Usually someone gets scapegoated and it seemed like a no-brainer with Carter. Kind of feels like the mandate is playoffs or scorched earch in 2024, which would be obvious with many owners but definitely not Woody.

Jets79 likes this.
  4. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

does anyone have the backstory behind cater and taylor lewan?

5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Poor OL performance, evidence of poor relationships with players.

Tippman played pretty well and AVT is a star, but otherwise nobody looked particularly good or made a leap under his tutelage. Even players who were decent in the past (ex: McGovern, Becton, even Turner was a longtime swing tackle who looked unrosterable) weren't as good this year.

Lots of bad signs. Would seem to be an easy decision to replace him...

LAJet likes this.
  6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I’ve said it in other posts…but coaches like Vrabel and Smith were let go, and both of them had better records and accomplishments than Saleh, and in Vrabel’s case, MUCH MUCH better. And yet we keep trotting the same shit out…there was enough ineptitude here to warrant firing EVERY offensive coach. Every fucking one. But ESPECIALLY the OL. Every fucking team has injuries…the Giants had as much, the Browns lost two starting tackles…we weren’t the only team to have OL injuries. Granted the Giants OL was as bad if not worse than ours, but somehow Cleveland made it work, and with Flacco no less. Goes to show our coaches on offense have no clue. Van Roten played for Buffalo and then LV last year…while I haven’t watched a lot of Raider games, those I did see had him playing not as bad as he did here.

Feels like Saleh was forced to fire MLF and now with other coaches it’s just as bad on O and maybe that gave him the balls to say, See? It wasn’t the coaching…we need better players. Wouldn’t be shocked if that’s how it went down.

However, in the end, I do think 2024 is their last hurrah…it’s either win and playoffs or everyone is gone…sure feels that way…JD said we have to WIN many times in his presser…said the record isn’t good enough…I think that the feeling is certainly there that 2024 is make or break…as well it should be.

7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Totally agree w your last sentence. One more bad year and I think Saleh and Douglas are fired. Douglas will be close to the end of his original deal and so will Saleh.

Jets79 likes this.
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I don't dispute that the O-line had problems. However, I attribute most of those problems to poor QB play. When a QB holds the ball for over 4 secs looking for a target and then gets sacked, it's normal to point a finger at the blocking. In addition, the O-line suffered more than it's share of injuries requiring constant reshuffling of the O-line lineup. An O-line is most effective when it has stable personnel and has been able to work and coordinate together over an extended period of time. Nevertheless, it hasn't been all bad news. In the Pats game, Siemian was only sacked once, had time to throw on most pass plays and Hall was able to get good yardage on run plays. A good performance by the patched up O-line. I admit I don't know much about Keith Carter or the credentials he brings to the job, however, I'm not about to ask for his head based on this past year.

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I am with you, fire the entire staff not run it back and hope for the best....

LAJet likes this.
  10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I may not have a crystal ball for this upcoming season but I'd be willing to bet money I don't have that this team finishes no better than 7 wins next year. Realistically, I think we are looking more like a 4 or 5 win team. You can write it down that Rodgers does NOT have enough "juice" to amount to more than a "speed bump" next year. My guess is he doesn't start nor finish the year. In fact, I have posted numerous times that he doesn't make it out of the 1st quarter. FOUR games and we lose him. Who will be the backup, again? I mean, shit...Flacco was here for two years and he put up more yards in THREE games with Cleveland than he did here for 2 years. (close to it)

In typical Jets fashion, they decide to hang on to shit while there actually is decent head coaching candidates...for a change. Not coordinators looking for their first gig but honest to goodness head coaching candidates who have PROVEN themselves. Whether they come or not it would have been nice to actually "kick the tires" on a couple of them. But, Noooooooooooooooooooooo, not our useless turd of a franchise. I swear to anything listening that Woodrough CHAMPIONS mediocrity and actively SEEKS it. That is the ONLY explanation I can come up with as to why this fucker hasn't brought in MEN with previous SUCCESSFUL coaching experience. <sigh>

The_Darksider likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

One guy is good at his job, the other is not. They used to work for the same company.

Borat likes this.
  12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

It’s just a hunch, but I suspect Ulbrich is a moron who would be terrible head coach.

jets_fan likes this.
  13. abyzmul

Ulbrich is still a meat head. He was part of the crew that gave up the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history to Bill Belichick.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Was he on that ATL staff?

15. abyzmul

LB Coach. Hired by the Jets 10 days after the Cowboys hired Quinn.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Guess Becton advocates coach Dwayne Ledford get a shot, via his mentor Duke

17. abyzmul

He must have an open Twitter policy.

REVISion likes this.
  18. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Didn’t the bears fire a guy who Rodgers likes and, I think, is a QB coach? Maybe he’ll come and calabrese will leave?

19. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Rob Saleh, one of the least clever or intelligent coaches we’ve ever employed, called Ulbrich the monkey who runs the defense. All you need to know.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  20. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

What all you Carter lovers out there don't realize he was toxic with the Titans which quickly cut bait with him. Now that Becton, Hall made negative comments about him how do you think FA offensive lineman like Tyron Smith or Trent Brown would be open to moving to NY? If I'm interviewing for a new IT position and the stafff tells me its a shit show I am going to move on. Same thing here. Players talk and with the Saleh, Hackett, Carter trifecta our chances of outbidding 30 other teams is remote unless we back up the brinks truck which is not possible wiht our cap space. Bottom line we are fucked. I mean how the hell is Carter still around. I guess Salehs nepotism with Carter (from seattle) got in the way.