I can't believe he's bringing back Carter and all the other coaches

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 8, 2024.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Totally. It's gotten to a point where fans are so jaded and PTSD-laden that they have "better than what we have" syndrome. As long as it's better than complete shit, it's acceptable. A coach, a record, a player who sucks and got cut and we should "kick the tires on" - too much of the fanbase has this attitude and it aggravates the fuck out of me.

SOJAZ, Borat and mezzavo like this.
  2. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Well, if that's your thing, and it makes you feel better, go for it.

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Don't worry, Jets fans - you'll get to see Vrabel twice a year.

ouchy likes this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Oddly enough, stuff like this could actually spur Woody into action. We all know how much he hates bad press and having multiple players on offense publicly criticize a coach is about as bad as it gets.

For the first time in my life, I genuinely hope Woody meddles and demands Saleh fire Carter.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

7. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Ugh, this is awful. The 32nd ranked offense in the NFL and we fire noone, sit on our hands while other teams with much better albeit still bad offenses are purging their unsuccessful coaching staffs in hopes to improve next year.
    We screamed for moves to be made all year and FO did absolutely nothing to try and fix this broken team. Here we are in the off-season and again the FO is taking the same approach as in season. Absolutely ZERO accountability for this shit show, none.
    I don't give af how good Arod is, there is no way in hell he can take this historically bad offense and turn it into a top 5 group by himself.
    Pittman/Higgins/Evans > Adams unless the draft compensation is minimal.

papapump, SOJAZ, mezzavo and 6 others like this.
  8. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Wow. I don't know what I'm annoyed about more, the fact that the players do that and there doesn't seem to be any reaction by the team, or that this team is so dysfunctional that they're unaware or don't care that their players feel that way about their coach.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Forget the draft, forget free agency, forget the return of AR and whatever lies ahead. If this idiotic HC does not see the sheer incompetence of the OC staff starting with Carter there is no hope. None. This is a massive embarrassment that will not be corrected by adding personnel to this team. JD gets ridiculed for bringing in a defensive player instead of an OL, but we give a pass to three years of massively incompetent, penalty laden OL coaching. Not one Offensive player drafted over achieved with this incompetent bunch. They are are at the top of the hit parade for stupid penalties and pathetic offensive schemes. MAcDonald will contribute a lot more next year than any OL be bring in under this regime. We have destroyed the likes of Hall, AVT and Cook and Izzy for starters on account of this worthless bunch.

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

GW basically said the same thing. Not regarding Carter, but offense in general. How can Woody be so stupid? All of the FO and coaching needs to be gone. But if you are too dumb to do it, at least make the most obvious changes that even a blind man can see. Hack and Carter just do not belong - at the very least do that. Amazing. Btw, there is unconfirmed rumor that the mathematician who could not add two numbers for Breece Hall's rushing yards is getting promoted.

11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

....to CAP Administrator.

Fiftynine likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Pete Carroll gets canned for the game that took him out of the playoffs, as did Vrabes, People are hoping for Tomlin head, even KC is pushing to get help at the OC position, and Woody stays put with RS and that POS set of offensive coaches. The loosing mentality in full swing.

#52 LAJet, Jan 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    papapump, burf, SOJAZ and 7 others like this.
  13. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Why would there be a reaction? They didn’t react to the similar comments made by his former players in TEN.

Or, rather, they commented by hiring the guy. Which is insane but not for the team that hired as OC the scion of one of our many inept OC’s

SOJAZ and The_Darksider like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree in general, but who's hoping for Tomlin's head and who dropped them on the head when they were a baby?

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

LOL. Steeler fans are starting again, and a few here as well.

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Honest question, given all this feedback, if you are a free agent OLman, how much do you need to be overpaid to play for an OL coach who has been hated by the players and runs them into the ground? No wonder Orlando Brown chose the Bengals even though we offered more. Granted I am pretty sure Burrow had something to do with it too, but still money talks, and the fact Carter is known to run his players into the ground doesn't help even when we offer more. This incompetent GM and HC just keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Get rid of Keith Carter for Pete's sake, even if this is the only change you make with the coaching staff! There could be a debate about JD, Saleh, even Hack (although it was obvious they had to go too, but at least there are some weak arguments to be made there), but what is the argument for keeping Carter? They guy just had two worst pass pro lines in NFL for two years in a row for two different teams, and the players for both teams hate him. What is there to debate?

SOJAZ, Ralebird, Jets79 and 3 others like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s very strange. I’ve heard of guys hating their coordinators or head coach. I’ve never heard of such vitriol for a position coach though.

Only the Jets!

18. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I think Saleh is a glorified cheerleader, and this will be his only gig as a head coach anywhere. I wish both Saleh and Douglas would be fired, but that may not happen at least for another year.
    As far as offensive line coach Carter goes, I think it is fair to replace him IF the OL performance is bad and/or penalties can be linked to him.
    However, I do NOT think Carter or any coach should be replaced based upon current/former player complaints, or that they don't/didn't like him. I think that players complaining about a coach is often is a coach who cracks the whip instead of babying them (like Saleh). The Packer players of the 60s often complained about Lombardi, but there is a reason the Super Bowl trophy is named for him. With the millions of dollars these NFL players make, I think it is funny when they whine about being bullied by a coach. BUT, If he is not a good coach and IS the reason for penalties, then that is another story and he should be gone if/because he is not doing the job well.

19. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I get your point but Carter has current and former players going out of their way to express their disgust with him. I tend to think there's something to that

20. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Yeah for Hackett I get that. Don't like it but I get it. You're telling me Rodgers saw that OL and said let's run it back with that coach?? There's no way!