How do we beat the Patriots?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BJXX, Oct 14, 2012.

1. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Amazing how a win over the hapless Colts can make some of us forget the beatdowns by Pittsburgh and San Francisco! I will be content to see the Jets stay within 2 scores. This is a bad, bad matchup for us, especially with no Revis.

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

+1.

The Jets, even with Revis, do not match-up well with New England. They don't. I can't see them winning this game or even losing by single digits. Now, come Thanksgiving, that could be a different story because anything can happen on Thursday Night Football, as we've seen all year. Still don't think we'll win that one either, but you never know. This won't be our week. I'm already focused on our next must win game next week against a Miami team that knows they had us beat Week 3 and our only weapon in that game is out for the year.

3. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Lloyd and Hernandez may not be playing......evens the odds a little more I would say. Have to stop Welker and Gronk.......gotta love what Woodhead does.....still like that kid!

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

:shit:

That's pretty much how you can describe the San Fran game. Look at the Texans; getting blown out by the Packers at home. Look at the 49ers; getting blown out by the Giants at home. How about the Steelers losing to the Titans...

I'm not saying we're going to blow the Patriots out (I will be extremely surprised if it ends up one, either way), but I think we will hang around with them and win the game.

You have to be optimistic...It's so much better for your health :wink:

5. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Who do you think is matched up with Welker? I would guess Wilson. Could be a long day for him. I think that Cro could do pretty well against Lloyd.

It's NE's running game that scares me to be honest. I totally expect them to come out and try to run it right down our throats.

6. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

no chance rex allows them to do that.

the torch will be passed this monday, brady to sanchez

7. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

lol, love the confidence. hopefully it's justified.

8. Stracks

Stracks New Member

9. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

The Patriots will only put up 13 points at home? You'd have to go back to 2009 for the last time they scored 13 or less (against the Jets, but at the Meadowlands).

Alright though, prediction has been made, and I'm a man of my word. If you're even close I'll be here to give you your props on Monday. :beer:

10. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Ryan is a good defensive coach but that is the challenge imo. Develop a defensive game plan that accounts for both the run and pass.

There is no question the Pats will no-huddle going back and forth between the two offensive options.

11. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

By a miracle from Jesu.....err i mean Tebow

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

absolutely no huddle - perfect strategy against the jets aged LB's (outside of harris) and promote some confusion for the younger DL.

13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

But Sanchez might drop the torch.

14. Cheeky Bastard

I think the Jets can cover the 10.5 spread, but that's about it.

15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

In general, the way to beat any team with decent defense as a great QB is to keep the ball away from QB. To do it you've got to run the ball, right?

Wrong! Sorry, but I still don't buy Greene's new-found greatness. What exactly did he do last week? Ran through huge holes opened by our O-line plus made exactly one NFL-level RB move – that twist for TD. Remember that this was against Colts rather sub-par run defense. No way this erases 1-1.5 years of pure inaptitude Greene demonstrated. Now recall who Jets are playing this week. However much I dislike BB, he is a great coach, especially defensive. You can be sure that BB knows that for Jets to win they’d have to hold the ball for long stretches, away from Brady, away from trouble. His number 1… number zero priority will be to stop this. There is no way NE will allow us to run the ball anywhere near effectively. I’ll be surprised if Greene & Co will even approach 100 yards total rushing for the game.

Passing without good running game won’t work well either. It would go this way: run attempts on 1st & 2nd for total of 2-4 yards gain. Then Pats will just sit back and defend the pass on 3rd and long. Yes, NE is not very good against the pass, but in a predictably passing situation on 3rd & long I’m sure they will be more than adequate to force incompletions and probably to intercept 1-2 times.

So, how do you keep the ball without running & move the chains without passing? You take the Belichik’s playbook of the past 2-3 years & shove it right down his throat. You sustain drives by using short passes to TEs and RBs as the substitute for the running game! Put in Keller, Cumberland and both Hills, mix in Tebow and Greene standing next to Sanchez for a good measure & keep throwing short passes for 4-6 yards gains with occasional run and deep throw to keep defense honest. There will be no Watts to block the throwing lane & with this short hard throws there will be fewer chances for interception – you’re either going to complete or it’ll be knocked down.

16. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Why would Hernandez miss Sunday's game? He just got back from injury, and as far as I know has not been re-injured since. Did I miss something?

Lloyd is listed as questionable, but the popular opinion seems to be that he only has a bruised shoulder. I doubt that he would miss the game for that, but obviously I am just speculating.

17. al toon 88

al toon 88 New Member

How do we beat the Patriots?

Only if we play it at the playstation!

18. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

This one was from Sunday. That guy takes a beating. But he always gets up as long as Bernard Pollard is not in the vicinity.

[YOUTUBE]WmyhqyPsQ6A[/YOUTUBE]

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

You are the biggest homer, Its kind of funny....

20. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

Funny. The year immediately following the Patriots' trip to the Super Bowl...