How do we beat the Patriots?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BJXX, Oct 14, 2012.

1. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The Patriots are stout against the run, our best chance to have success on offense might be to throw it.

In a perfect world i'd love to be able to pound the rock and mix in some play action with Sanchez. That way we keep Brady off the field and keep our defense fresh all game.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

control the clock, keep Brady off the field. Also get pressure on him by hitting him/sacks etc.

On offense we need an effective run game to control time of possession, the offense needs to convert on 3rd downs, no turnovers, we can't give their offense extra possessions.

On defense make sure they get off the field on 3rd downs. Get pressure on their QB, defend the middle of the field to negate those screen passes and check downs. Stop the run.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Go low on Brady's knees. Problem solved.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

I really dont think we will win if we try to use the same gameplan as we did. We need to break out the strategy we used vs the Bills.

We arent winning this through the ground. The Colts run D is terrible and the Pats' is actually very good (6th) and it will not be easy running on them. Teams that have beat them have beat them through the air. Thats what we will have to do. This is the opposite of todays game- today Sanchez was a game manager and just didnt have to screw up and just let the ground game go to work meanwhile next week he is going to have to carry this team. We need big plays and chuck yards.

Rex is going to have to grow a pair and pull out all the stops- fake punts, anything new with Tebow, new blitz formations ect.

If we cant pass the ball and get big plays and get pressure on Brady, we arent winning the game.

Brady was under pressure all game vs the Seahawks and he wasnt himself. Coples needs to play a lot and him and Mo Wilk need huge games.

So basically, the keys for me-

1. Sanchez needs to carry the offense
    2. Sack Brady

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Said in another thread that if there's a game for Sanchez to shine in this would be the game. and to win he'll have to do well. The Pats have one of the top run defenses in the league in nearly every category (top 10 and in many cases top 5). But are in the bottom quarter in nearly every pass defense category. including yards per attempt, completion percentage, touchdowns, etc. The only category they're not in the bottom in is interceptions, there they are average with 6.

I'm not saying Sanchez will shine, in part because the Pats always step up their game against the Jets and I think that game with Seattle was a bit of a trap game for them.

Reguarding Wilson, I don't know...so far he's having a better rookie season than Sanchez had. Not by a lot, but he's on pace for more yards, more TD's, fewer interceptions and a completion rate well over 60%...of course with just short of 2/3s of the season to go that can change. One thing Wilson has that Sanchez hasn't shown at the NFL level, an accurate arm.

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

running the ball, keeping Brady off the field.

7. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

Seattle had a lot of big plays against New England's weak secondary. Sanchez has to take some shots down field to Hill and Schilens.

8. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Seems like the only one who can beat the Patriots are themselves,they have lost three games by a total of 4 points.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

3. have tebow sneak into the pats locker room before the game and spred itching powder in their jockstraps and socks. :breakdance:

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Thats really why we brought him here... Our secret weapon

11. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

I actually think our best bet is to throw it against them. Our passing game might be bad but so is their secondary. Maybe Stephen Hill and Sanchez can connect down field.
    On defense you know you have to pressure brady... what are the chances that will happen? We can't rush the passer for shit. Welker is going to burn Wilson every 3rd down. Not trying to be so negative just stating facts. I hope Rex put the Colts game victory behind already and starts the game plan. Pats are coming off a bad loss and will be hungry.

12. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

From the teams that have beaten them so far: Interior pass rush, run stopping ability, ability to abuse the secondary. We might be able to pull it off, but everyone really does have to step up their game.

13. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

I have a feeling that if we go for the fake punt against the pats they will easily sniff it out and embarrass us.

14. Ted

Ted Member

Have good Jets not bad Jets show up. Seriously, exactly how they beat the Colts. Limit the mistakes, establish the run game and use Tebow effectively in spots.

The Pats are not what their fans thought they are. Division is wide open.

15. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

LOLZ and lace their Gatorade with estrogen

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

On D, Stop Ridley, pressure Brady.
    On O, Establish the run and exploit their weak secondary. They have a pretty tough run D this year, so the first part will be tricky. The second, not so much. This will have to be a game where Sanchez is playing at his best. If we can get an early lead, we'll be in good position.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Is "convert more third downs" really more substantial than "score more points"?

I think it is an almost impossible task. Our best chance is to hit Brady early and hard till he starts imaging pressure, as he sometimes does.

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Saw the SeaHawks/Pats game yesterday:
    - Pats run D looked much better than I thought.
    - Secondary did a really bad job getting beat deep consistently.
    - Brady made some questionable passes & really didn't play up to his standards.

===
    My opinion on Game Plan:

Don't think the Jets can run it on Pats anything close to what happened Sunday. They'll need to protect Sanchez & give him a chance to air it out a few times. That secondary is vulnerable and should be exploited if Sanchez doesn't make bonehead decisions. Running the ball will be something to just keep the D honest.

Offensively, the Pats looked like their old selves except for Brady's interceptions. Think they'll move it on the Jets and dominate total yardage & time of possession. Don't agree with the heavy blitzing up the middle because Brady's too good for that. Why doesn't every team blitz up the middle & shut down the Pats offense every week?? Gameplans need to fit your personnel.

What the Jets do with Revis+Cro can't be done with just Cro back there. Secondary overall is much weaker and Brady will make them pay if they're too aggressive. Jets will have to go w/ "bend but don't break". Play it safe and just try to limit Pats to FG and hope offense/special teams can put some points on the board.

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

The same way we have beat them in the past LOL

Ground and pound, keep Brady off the field, and when he is on the field, bury him.

If you hit Brady enough times, he starts to make dumb ass decisions. If we combine that with keeping his time of possession to a minimum, we can easily beat this team. They were exposed yesterday by the Seahawks.

Actually, I have a better way of beating them:

JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER TEAM, WE OUTSCORE THEM!

#39 Falco21, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  20. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Jets are 11 point dogs , Jesus they're giving us not shot