How do our three biggest holes not get addressed?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DepressedJet, Apr 29, 2012.

1. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I love when clowns like you post this kind of rhetoric...

Go ahead big guy, you're the GM, who are you taking at out EXACT spots:

I'll only ask for the first 3 rounds...dont want to make it too hard for you.

2. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

dude, this draft was a huge success

we added at least three guys that are possibly going to have an immediate impact on the field. if jordan whites knees hold up he will be a beast. dude catches everything. EVERYTHING. ganaway is a fucking beast as well, who will catch out of the backfield and run hard in the red zone.

the safeties we drafted have potential as well. really, i think the only thing you might have a leg to stand on would be wayne hunter, but they got a pretty solid OL prospect named robert griffin who can play guard tackle and possibly even center. there will be a competition in camp like has been mentioned in this thread, and whomever comes out on top will be playing at an elevated level because of it.

overall, good draft for the jets. defense is now quick and powerful. the combination of our pass rush and coverage will strike fear into the hearts of even the most seasoned quarterbacks. our wide receivers are young, fast, physical, and sure-handed. guys mark can have confidence in. in a few years we might have one of the better receiving corps in the league

3. Using the draft tio "fiull holes" is a terrible way to run a franchise. You draft big picture,trust your evaluation system & hope it all works out.

That's exactly what the Jets did.

4. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Our BIGGEST problem is that we are undersized or slow in too many spots on both sides of the ball. I think we did quite well in the draft in those regards and have the potential to have some explosiveness in our offense. I could be wrong but I'm excited about our team finally making picks that don't make me want to jump off a building.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wow...I am one that usually always find things the Jets do during the draft that I hate but not this time. I see nothing wrong with any pick they made. They are better on defense then they were last year and I think they will be better on offense too.

6. DepressedJet

DepressedJet Banned

#16-Melvin Ingram
    #43-Mike Adams-OT OSU
    #77-BPA

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

Ahhhh, so obviously you are a better talent evaluator than the Jets FO and Rex. You must be brilliant then.

Let me ask you this, why Ingram over Coples?

8. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

[​IMG]

9. Mason

Mason New Member

The real question is, how did you not think WR was one of our 3 biggest holes?

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Hahahahahahaha! Thats great.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Coples is a dominant DE who immediately improves the D and out ability to penetrate and cause havoc in the backfield. This guy is going to be the next Julius Peppers - much better prospect than Melvin Ingram. Also WR was a bigger need than OT - and Hill is an amazing athlete with tremendous ability to block and stretch the defense. 4.3 speed on a guy 6'4" 215 is pretty incredible. I prefer Coples/Hill to Ingram/Adams. I like that Rex and Tanny are willing to roll the dice a bit and reach for greatness rather than settle for the safe pick.

#31 AbdulSalam, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  12. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I think Coples was a solid pick; but I think Hill might just be the steal of the entire draft!

13. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I was thinking. This whole thread presumes that going into the season with Chaz Schilens as our #2 was just peachy.

14. DoubleA

DoubleA Banned

I'm convinced the OP doesn't watch football at all, let alone Jets games.

Wilkerson is a wasted pick? Go stick your head back in the sand.

15. DoubleA

DoubleA Banned

Oh, and Mike Adams was one of the weakest OL prospects at the combine on the bench press. You want some fairy blocking for Sanchez?

Do your homework.

16. tzinc

tzinc New Member

hole pass rusher: filled - best passrusher in draft

hole FS: filled - one of the most productive FS in college

hole SPEED WR: filled - fastest WR

hole SS backup: filled - incredibly productive plus good at covering TEs

hole backup RB: filled -big RB payed option system

hole G depth: filled - big strong G played option system

hole ROUTE RUNNING WR: filled - many consider him NFL ready only being from small school let him drop

hole ILB depth: filled - maybe the best athlete at ILB in draft was productive as a football player as well - could run with TEs and also move out to OLB

As for RT they have 3 players already there with potential As for OLB pass rusher they have Maybin who has bulked up and Coples will help existing OLBs. You aren`t gonna fill every holes that is why there are UDFAs and late NFL cuts. Jets have done well with their UDFAs!

#36 tzinc, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

no... good teams realize what they DONT do well, and account for that. and we stink covering the middle of the field, and getting to the passer off the edge.

we have no 3-down player at ROLB and LILB. Bryan thomas is old coming off injury. PAce is old and has battled some injuries. how we dont invest highly in that position is a mystery to me. especially when we just invested in a DE last year with our top pick.

How about we get someone who can cover a tight end?

eric smith and harris have been burnt toast for 3 straight seasons now.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

thats exactly the thought process that brought you draft hits such as.dewayne robertson,vernon gholston,mike nugent in the 2nd rd,a first round pick for doug jolley among others

and we did get some to cover the t.e. his name is demario davis.the kid can run with all the big name t.e.'s and with coples pass rush they are not going to have time to run those deep route that got e.smith burnt last year

19. jerseyjay14

#16 - melvin ingram. can get to the passer and play standing up as an OLB

#43 - Mike Adams. alleviates the enormous problem of Hunter/Vlad having to EVER take another snap on this team at RT

#77 - I'd still take Davis... i liked that pick, hopefully it means less scott/harris in coverage on 3rd downs.

#104 - (id have kept this pick) and taken Nick Toon. big target at WR and redzone threat.

20. jerseyjay14

talk about selective memory. it also brought us nick mangold, dbrickishaw fergeson, and darelle revis