How did you become a Jet Fan .. and How long

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by dBLitzer28, Feb 25, 2007.

?

How long have you been a Jet fan

1. 0-5 Years

8.6%
  2. 6-10 years

25.0%
  3. 11-15 years

21.6%
  4. 15+ years ... Im OLD ..

44.8%
  1. wexy

wexy Member

1968. I've told this awhile back but its a good story, When I was 12, I needed a spinal fusion for scoliosis. When I awoke from surgery in the recovery room, there a young man who had just woken up from knee surgery. "What happened?' I asked him. "I got clipped," he said. It was Jet running back Lee White who was injured opening day. He visited with all the kids in hospital , signing autographs. To me he wrote "Richard, we spent hours together in the recovery room. Friend always, Lee White #34 New York Jets. How could I not be a Jets fan?
    When I went back to the hospital for rehab in January of 1969 I watched the Jet Super Bowl win at Special Surgery.

2. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

my dad has always been a jets fan and it just stuck with me, but i surpassed him and his knowlege a long while ago.

3. hickeyQB15

hickeyQB15 New Member

since 1992 when I was born a Jets fan. Learned the game at a young age and have been addicted to it and the Jets ever since.

4. The first Live football game i ever saw was the Jets vs. Miami Monday Night miracle game.(i was living in miami at the time) Since then i havent missed 1 game.

Go Jets!

5. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

1990 i was twelve yrs old and became a jets fan when somone(can't remember who, showed me Superbowl 3 w/ the pre-drama and the guarantee. Joe willie is the reason i became a jets fan and have been ever since.

6. smball

smball New Member

Chad Pennington. When he played @ Marshall my brother-in-law was on the training staff. Anyway got a Jersey sign for my First born.

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I think it was 1984 when the Jets and Giants visited the hotel I was working at. I was kinder into football , but didn't really go into the whole thing.
    I had no idea which player was or anything , but the one player who made a huge impression on me was one Greg Buttle , really nice guy , full on but nice. (sp) Ali Haji-Sheikh was also another player whom I had alot of time for. Marvin Powell I remember just about dwarfed everything and everyone and really is the gentle giant. I still have somewhere the brochure about it all and will endevour to try and find it and put it on here.
    But overall it was Buttle that made me a Jet , (and his tasty girlfriend :wink:)

#67 gustoonarmy, Apr 3, 2007
    Last edited: May 13, 2007
  8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I became a Titans/Jets fan in highschool the day Namath decided to buck the NFL and sign with them for $400,000. So I am really old...haha. Have been ever since.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I didnt understand the game but I remember as a kid looking in the paper and seeing Neil O'Donnell get trashed, and I felt bad for him. Once I got what football was about, I just stuck with the team I saw in the paper. Thank God they dont suck like that anymore.

10. JHalpert84

JHalpert84 New Member

I've been a jets fan since good ol '96. I already liked the Bears at that time, and when I'd watch highlights, I'd see the announcers referring to the Jets as the Yets, and felt bad for them, started rooting for 'em and have been a supporter ever since.

11. MCHECK62

MCHECK62 New Member

33 years old and I've been one since I was eight. Looking forward to our day of redemption. It would be the ultimate. My mom took me to Jets' Camp because one of the friends of the family was a Jets Assistant. I stuck ever since.

12. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I go back past the Sack Exchange - Marty Lyons, Klecko, Etc. They were the team to watch for me!

13. JetsBuckeye

JetsBuckeye Member

I'll admit I grew up in L.A. I grew up a Rams fan. When they left, my allegiance was to the Raiders. Finally when they left. I was left with no one. I moved to ohio and all my focus was on college football and the Buckeyes. Then I met my girlfriend/wife in med school 4 years ago. She has been a Jets fans since she was conceived. Now I,now, pledge my allegiance to the New York Jets.

14. TheGreenBrickRhode

TheGreenBrickRhode New Member

Born into it. Father had season tix in the Polo grounds with the titans

15. themangoldmauler

themangoldmauler New Member

1992/1993 (idk which)...someone gave me a Jets jacket and I have been a diehard ever since

16. NYJets317

NYJets317 New Member

24 years old been a fan as long as I can remember. Its a family thing

17. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I've been a fan since before I was born, but it took me till I was 12 or 14 y.o. to realize it. I'm 20 now, so 8 yrs I guess.