How confident are you of beating the Pats after this injury?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Dec 4, 2010.

1. sg3

sg3 Banned

extremely

Jets by at least 17 points

our 5-0 road streak is far more impressive then their 5-0 home streak (and don't tell me about that 25 game bullcrap because the Ravens played them last January and thrashed them beyond recognition before 70000 booing drunk frontrunner chowds at Dunghole Stadium in Sucksboro

2. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

If the jets win this game, the satisfaction of shutting up these trolls will be oh so sweet

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

This is the key to the game for the Jets. If we play penalty free football (particularly on defense) and don't have stupid turnovers we will win the game. This game will likely be decided by turnover differential and we need to come out on top tonight in that category.

4. Wizard Of Odds

Wizard Of Odds New Member

No, it's perfectly clear to anyone who follows football that the Jets are allowing an average of 17 points a game (4th in the NFL). And how many points did the Patriots put up in the last game? 14 points... pretty much right in line with the statistics. Now there are 2 games that you point to as an indicator of your greatness, the win over Indy and the win over Pittsburgh. After Indy's loss yesterday to the Dallas that win isn't looking so great anymore is it? Indy is a beat up mess and Peyton is throwing Int's all over the place. In the Pittsburgh game the Steelers let up 5 sacks, you can't win when you allow that to happen. The Pats are putting up an average 30 points a game, but the Jets are putting up 24.5 points a game too, so the scoring advantage isn't as great as it appears.

The Patriots also struggle against a Ryan run defense. It's no coincidence that both your losses have come to a Ryan (Rob or Rex). Rob Ryan embarrassed you and Rex Ryan limited you to 14 points in your only other loss of the season. The Ryans have your number, and that won't change because the field is a different one. The Pats are gonna score about the same as last time and the Jets will win just about as easily (perhaps more so) than last time. LT, Green, Sanchez, Edwards, Holmes, Keller, Cotchery, Smith, and now Coles is just too much for your defense to handle. I think we both know what's gonna happen here, don't we?

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am confident we have the better team, I know we have the more talented team but when Brady is playing they are extremely difficult to beat especially in Foxboro. We will need to play our best game, if we play our best game and NE plays their best game we will win.

We were the last visiting team to win in Foxboro in the regular season, let's be the next visiting team to win in Foxboro in the regular season.

6. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

my concern for the D is that we sometimes struggle to get off the field, especially on 3rd downs. With Brady's accuracy, it's scary to think how long many of his drives will be (or points they score if we don't get off the field quicker).

Also - with an inconsistent pass rush, we'll need pace/turtle and a safety to really step up and make brady uncomfortable.

7. Wizard Of Odds

Not to worry, all this hype is for nothing. This isn't the Pats year. They don't have the horses to make a run this year. Maybe next year or the year after if they spend their draft choices right, but they have to fix that defense because it's a mess.

Jets - 35
    Pats - 17

8. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Pats home opponents:
    Cincinnati (2-10)
    Buffalo (2-10)
    Baltimore (8-4)
    Minnesotta (5-7)
    Indiannapolis (6-6)
    Total: (23-37)

Jets road opponents:
    Miami (6-6)
    Buffalo (2-10)
    Denver (3-9)
    Detroit (2-10)
    Cleveland (5-7)
    Total: (18-42)

In which way is this more "far more impressive" for the jets? They have played 0 winning teams on the road, and one .500 team that both of us have already smothered this season.

9. Wizard Of Odds

You were already beaten by this team, don't you understand that? Both your losses came to a Ryan run defense. Tonight will be no different. The only thing worth discussing is how these two teams match up against each other, not how they matched up against other teams. I mean the win over Baltimore certainly didn't help you in your loss to the 5-7 Browns did it? It's about match ups, not about records.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. It's done routinely.

11. nyjunc

Neither team has played a tough sched w/ these streaks but the one common opponent we have faced we thrashed and you guys struggled:grin:.

All of the past games don't mean a thing, we have 2 big time teams facing off tionight and reagrdless of who wins it will not be a surprise. I would call this a 55/45 game in favor of the Pats simply b/c they are the home team and have the best QB of this generation playing at a high level despite a lack of talent around him.

12. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I was responding to the bold section of the quote that I highlighted. What you just said has nothing to do with what I wrote, or the original quote that I was responding to.

nyjunc...same thing

13. Professor Frink

Seriously, how long have you been watching football? You think just because you won in week 2 you will automatically win tonight? There are countless examples of teams struggling against a division opponent once, and then playing MUCH better the second time through. In fact, it happens every year, in pretty much every division. Beating a team once is hard, and twice is even harder.

Get a grip, this is easily the toughest game of the year for the Jets, and it's on the road.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

He believes in the Jets, what does he need to get a grip on. In case you haven't noticed, this is a Jets fan forum, we believe in the team.

Do you really think no one on hear realizes this is a big game? All divisional games are big.

15. Professor Frink

I have no issue with anyone picking the Jets to win. Like I stated earlier, this game can obviously go either way. But this idea that the Patriots have no chance and the Jets are obviously gonna stomp them, well, it's just dumb. It doesn't matter who you are a fan of, an intelligent football fan can look at this game and realize that both teams have their strengths and weaknesses, and know there are a number of different ways the game can play itself out.

Admitting the Patriots are a good team doesn't make you any less of a fan, and I personally have found that watching football is a lot more enjoyable when you can actually appreciate and respect what other teams are doing.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

sure the Patriots are a good team....but they're not better than the Jets.

Exhibit A - we smoked you already this season.

Exhibit B - Mangini and the Browns say hi.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

It's called an opinion. He backed his with stats and reasoning behind his opinion. Are we all supposed to say the Jets may lose to satisfy your criteria?

You are on a Jets board. Other than "Mr. 0-5" alot of us have high expectations for this team.

18. nyjunc

We lost to Baltimore and they beat Baltimore.

Our teams are pretty close, i hope we beat them by 20 tonight but realistically that's most likely not going to happen. They have a good team, i think we have a better team but a game 3 months ago has no bearing on what happens tonight especially since both teams have seen alot of change over those 3 months w/ NE losing Moss, getting Branch and woodhead and w/u shaving a healthy revis, Holmes and pace.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

of course we're close...but i refuse to believe they're better than us....that line of thinking can go to hell.

Shit, even if we lose...i'm not going to fly off the handle.....we've proven they're beatable, and if we see them in the postseason, it will be the rubber match for the ages.

20. nyjunc

I think we are better, I know we are more talented and I expect to win but that doesn't mean we will win.