How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Look at Pats board, they believe that the Jets having Asomougha will hurt us and that it will make it easier for Brady, I want the coke they are snorting lol

2. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

Yes, and based on what we saw out of Wilson during the last 4 games of the regular season and the playoffs, he'll be up for the challenge.

Something I think we're all failing to consider is that it's within the realm of possibility that Wilson steps up to become a #2-caliber cornerback sometime during the 2011 regular season. True, missing the OTAs and stuff will hurt him, but Wilson went from a complete and utter disaster during his first 6 games to a reliable secondary option during the late part of the season. That shouldn't be overlooked.

He's got exactly the right attitude to make that kind of leap. Not saying it should be expected, but I'm emphasizing that it shouldn't be ruled out.

In my opinion, that's important to the entire Asomugha calculus. If the Jets sign him, Wilson can become a very superior nickel back. If the Jets miss out on Asomugha, perhaps they wouldn't need a high-caliber corner to come in if the front office wants to bet on Wilson's improvement. Tannenbaum has certainly proven to be a risk-taker, after all.

3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

according to rotoworld we got 12 million a year on the table for aso

i have a boner

4. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

5. magic77

magic77 New Member

Just absurd. +1 for whatever drugs they are taking

6. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

Laughed a little to loud at work and got some odd looks

7. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

UNBELIEVABLE. Could this possibly happen???

8. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

I couldn't possible care less about what other fans are talking about. It's a results-oriented business and I won't be the least bit pleased with the hype if it doesn't amount to anything.

9. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Fuck me sideways...Fingers are fucking crossed

10. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Us,Houston and San Fran are the three teams biddin on him correct?

11. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

if this happens, i expect Woody to break the bank to create a Golden shrine dedicated to Tanny right in front of New Meadowlands Stadium. the guy fucking deserves it.

12. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Last year with Cro and Revis we were supposed to have had the best two corners if we get Aso without question we have the most potent corners in the NFL. Hope we get em that would be Huge!

13. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Mike Tannenbaum is a golden god.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They probably negotiated this, so if this is the contract he wanted, HE WILL SIGN then....

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Holy shit.

Fixed your username.

16. 624

624 Banned

Remember all year how the entire NFL fanbase tried to convince the Jets that after 2010 they will be screwed and not be able to sign anyone?

"they are a win now team only"

17. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

This shit is so funny for anyone who didn't see it:

http://atp.patsfans.com/2011/07/26/dead-cap-money-clause-jets-conspiracy-or-innocent-oversight/

One very minor detail of the NFL’s new CBA – a single sentence, 59 pages deep into the document – could have major ramifications on the outcome of the 2011 season.

For the purpose of the salary cap players who were cut prior to the lockout will not count as dead money against this year’s cap.

However what makes this situation an even bigger deal is the possibility of impropriety. What if only one team knew about this ahead of time? Obviously they could take advantage of that knowledge by cutting several veterans very early in the year, rather than waiting. With no new CBA in place and no free agency on March 1, there was really no need to make the decision at that time.

Is Rex Ryan’s team had plenty of dead money prior to the lockout. (FILE:Icon/SMI)

Now it’s not as if no cuts were made by 31 teams and several made by one team; that is not the case. However, the majority of the cuts were either marginal players with no impact to the salary cap (e.g., Pierre Woods), failed physicals (e.g., Chris Baker), or old housecleaning of players that had essentially retired that were on the reserve/failed to report list (e.g., Randall McDaniel).

One of the very few teams that did make early roster cuts was the New York Jets, cutting six players that reportedly had over $8 million in dead cap money between them – not an insignificant amount at all when you consider it’s not uncommon for anybody making over $1 million per year to be a potential cap casualty.

Now it is time for the tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.....

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I can't believe this might happen. I'm so psyched.

Go Tanny. Get this done!!

19. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I guess the Patsies argument is who will cover Hernandez and Gronkowski. At least Leonhard will be back.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its going to suck when the middle is clogged and they can't go anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.