Hope Boldin is alright.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsLookingforDWare, Sep 28, 2008.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Yes, the ruling needs to be revised or more players will be 'Boldined', if the fine/wrap is the same for intentional/unintentional.
    I'm firmly on the players side here regardless of team, but NO one can tell me on any panel that Smith, who up to that point had had a very good game, meant to harm a fellow professional.
    Stupid rule, that does NOT protect the player. Also does nothing for the game.

2. 4transplant4

4transplant4 New Member

Not intentional according to NFL.com
    Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin was taken off the field on a stretcher after a scary collision, but was moving all his extremities on the field.

Boldin was talking to his teammates coming off the field and going into the locker room. He was being taken to a hospital for precautionary reasons.

“He’s alert,” Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said. “He’s talking and moving all his extremities. He asked to get up and the doctors won’t let him.”

Late in the fourth quarter, Boldin went airborne attempting to catch a touchdown pass, but was hit from behind from Jets FS Kerry Rhodes, causing his head to snap forward, and then — almost simultaneously — was hit in the front by SS Eric Smith and Boldin’s head snapped backwards.

Both Boldin and Smith were on the ground for a while. Smith eventually got up, but Boldin stayed down not moving, as both teams gathered in a circle close by. Boldin eventually had his head immobilized, was put on a stretcher and taken off the field.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

GREAT NEWS. Glad to hear he was not seriously hurt and can move

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I hope this doesn't have any long term effects on Boldin. He's a great athlete and doesn't deserve to go down in such a way.

5. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

100% wrong. Common sense is to play if the other team is playing. You want them to sit down while the Cards are trying to score?? That's pretty stupid. They play hard, you play hard. If they're continuing the game, you better continue the game.

6. cassie96

cassie96 Member

CBS said that Boldin is talking, and moving his arms and legs....YES!!!!

7. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I'm really happy Boldin's alright, I was really pulling for him.

You can't really blame Smith here, it was obvious that Rhodes hitting Boldin from behind put his Boldon's helmet right in line with Smith's helmet. You play until the clock stops, boys.

8. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

what a dumb ass call ......game is over why risk the small chance of injury to a star player for the sake of stats?........maybe more coaches think twice before such an idiotic call

9. GreenMachine

So now some of you are advocating letting up?

The actual bad thing was Zona not taking the knee.

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

EXACTLY...It just seemed monumentally disrespectful to Boldin and his teammates to keep going with 27 seconds left. I used to have a lot of respect for Wisenhunt.

and glad to hear he's OK...that was scary for a minute.

11. Technically the person to blame is Warner for throwing into basically triple coverage.

12. cassie96

cassie96 Member

That is what the commentators said.....no one was at fault, it is football, and that is what happens.

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

I've been saying that the entire time. Warner left Boldin out to dry for garbage points.

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

The bleeding hearts on here don't see it that way :rolleyes:

15. Irv

Irv Member

Good to hear Boldin seems to be okay.

I'm tired of people looking for someone to blame. It was an unfortunate hit, but it was just a football incident.

16. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Hope he's ok. Didnt see the hit so i can't comment on that. But he's a good player and it's scary too hear stuff like this.

17. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Yeah, no need to place blame on anyone. its football, bad things happen. Get better Boldin

18. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Word is that Boldin will be fine. You really have to respect the way he was still going 100% at the end of the game. Hes a fella I wouldn't mind having on the Jets.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

It was similar to when i saw Chuck Liddell get Knocked out on UFC a couple weeks ago just laying there with your mouth wide open motionless. Hope Boldin is alright , He's one of my Fav Receivers who's not a Jet.

20. whatacotch

whatacotch Member

Sounded bad, and i was in the uppers. That coach is an idiot, they should've given up and ran or kneeled. No need to pass and get one of your star players hurt. real smart asshole...