Historic victory!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Sep 28, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its borderline spamming. Just positive spamming, so it looks different.

2. cassie96

cassie96 Member

A QB with 6 TD's in one game, is a time to celebrate!!!!

How well would YOU play, if you had a fan base who needed to be critical NO MATTER WHAT!!??

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

No team is the same old Jets this season will be either a good or a debacle that stands on its own. The Same Old Jets is a fans perspective based on each debacle piling up. It doesn't really exist.

4. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

All these threads were basically about the same thing

5. Bosko

Bosko Guest

While you're right in one way, you're wrong in the big picture.

Herm Edwards observed when he first joined the Jets that there was a losing atmosphere within the organization and among the fans.

Just read some of the threads here, or even your own quote about putting the Jets out of their misery!

There is an expectation among Jets fans (and Mets fans, and many other fans) that their team will never win. Yes, it would be great to get rid of the "Same Old Jets" mentality. And I think this team doesn't pay attention to it.

6. winstonbiggs

Herm Edwards was an enabler.

7. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Say what yu want abut Herm's flaws as a head coach, but he did get the Jets into the playoffs and helped get rid of the image of the Jets as a team that never wins and goes 4-12 every year. And it's that kind of negative attitude towards our former coaches and players that says: "Same Old Jets!"

8. cassie96

cassie96 Member

This is historic!!!!! They just said that Brett Favre just tied the league record with Joe Nameth for 6 TD's/game......you rock, Brett!!!!!!

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

if we do end up being 5-2, it will be because four teams were scheduled in a row that the Jets were better than. I'm not sure how you can dispute that.

10. winstonbiggs

Herm took over a winning team with 2 franchise QB's, good lines and a franchise running back and left with a lossing record in 5 years and a decimated team. The reason Mangini gets a mulligan for last year from me is the crap Herm left him.

11. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Then don't complain when the stadium is 1/2 empty and the team does not have support.

How many times was this issue addressed today in the game thread?

Don't envy the stadiums that are PACKED and screaming for their mediocre/lousy teams...because that is what real fans do.

12. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

I'm one of the original "darksiders". Three years ago after watching training camp and the first game I posted some "nasty" comments. I was cussed out big time for what I said in the forum. The posts were based on my observations. I posted that I would keep posting that year but would not post until after the 3rd or 4th game of the season from then on.

OK, here it comes: I felt super good at the end of the half, but when the Cards scored all those unanswered points, I blew it! Get rid of Sutton, Shotty and even Mangini...
    but Bret prevailed and the W is a joy. My biggest complaint now is that I need a blowout that is NEVER IN DOUBT!

as per WinstonBiggs: The darksiders on this site have one thing in common, most of them are long time fans who have actually stuck by this team through a lot of thin and thiner. Most of them if not all of them want to be proven wrong.
    __________________I've been here since the Titans!

13. winstonbiggs

LV we put together a 1 game winning streak break out the good stuff.:beer:

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'll buy!!! :beer:

Should we make our SB reservations early WB???

15. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

I am with you on this. Favre would never have 6 TDs in GB because I just never saw the supporting cast to get it done. People just don't realize how weak the Pack actually were these last 8 years and how much #4 just had to drag everyone along. When I realized how strong the Jets receiving corps is I actually expected him to get 30 this year even if he will be 39.

Not a doubt in my mind that if GB had released Favre and he ended in Minnesota he would have taken them to the SB.

I like Rogers as well but damn as a back-up he had a season ending injury and I have always wondered if he would prove fragile.

I also think GB is 4-0 with Favre this year.

16. winstonbiggs

Who's the halftime entertainment?

17. Cman68

I believe its Bruce Springsteen..

18. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

The Titans! Yeah I was wondering about the negativity here. I started out rooting for the Pack as a boy and pretty much stayed NFC until the playoffs. I always looked at the Jets as a tough, smash mouth swaggering football team.

All I can tell you is I been following #4 since his 1st year in GB and you now got a guy who couldn't care less if he gets the stats or the game ball as long as they win but he'll celebrate like a kid everybody's success on the field. Nobody can guarantee what happens next but at least he will leave it all out on the field.

I don't see a darkside to #4 as the QB, I just see the upside.

19. Cman68

Too bad you missed all the fun with Glen Foley, Rick Mirer, Boomer, Richard Todd, Neil O'Donnell, etc.... Those were the days.....

20. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Anyone who saw Rodgers play in college knows he will be a great NFL QB. The Niners should have taken Rodgers with the number one pick, then they would have the QB position taken care of. The only explanation for why they picked Smith instead is that they feared the Tedford Curse. Of course as the years have gone by people have come to doubt spread offense QBs, which is why Brett Ratliff went undrafted.